"Champions of England..."

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I was thinking that.

Doubt it to be honest.

Does'nt fit!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hold it right there. Dont tempt fate. Dont talk about being World Champions until we have actually won it.
We're going to win it.

If we don't, this thread will have had no baring on anything.

Don't worry.

lewstherin

It has a nice ring to it. Would prefer champions of the universe but the world will do for now.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Hold it right there. Dont tempt fate. Dont talk about being World Champions until we have actually won it.

I tend to agree, but let's face it, if we lose on Sunday we'll all be saying that it was a meaningless trophy anyway.

dave2528

My question is that if we win the trophy but lose a player through injury in the process, or we win and then play like shite and drop points against Stoke due to fatigue/illness/hookers/bad sushi/karaoke, then how important of a trophy will this be.

Ask Adelaide United how they feel after two weeks up there playing in this thing and we stop by for tea and a trophy.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Must admit it is strange how Adelaide played three matches and are then knocked out of the competition before we even play our first.

But having said that, they shouldn't even be there in the first place.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
My question is that if we win the trophy but lose a player through injury in the process, or we win and then play like shite and drop points against Stoke due to fatigue/illness/hookers/bad sushi/karaoke, then how important of a trophy will this be.

Ask Adelaide United how they feel after two weeks up there playing in this thing and we stop by for tea and a trophy.
My answer is that it will be one more trophy than any other club in Europe, so far this season. And the opportunity to call ourselves world champions. Which was a big fecking deal for Milan last year.

032Devil

My answer is that it will be one more trophy than any other club in Europe, so far this season. And the opportunity to call ourselves world champions. Which was a big fecking deal for Milan last year.
Yeap!

Agree with that.

Anduin

My answer is that it will be one more trophy than any other club in Europe, so far this season.
(Hopefully) World Champions, Carling Cup semi-final (likely to go through to the final over two legs), third in the league with all of our tough away games already played, winner of our Champions League group, relatively easy FA Cup draw - I couldn't ask for more in the middle of December.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
(Hopefully) World Champions, Carling Cup semi-final (likely to go through to the final over two legs), third in the league with all of our tough away games already played, winner of our Champions League group, relatively easy FA Cup draw - I couldn't ask for more in the middle of December.
Suddenly i've come over all optimistic.

MUFCgal

That's exactly all what I've been thinking recently too :D

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
I'll have to disagree with you I'm afraid Pogue.

There is no prestige in winning this and it's a distraction from our premier league ambitions.

I personally would have rather missed this and the super cup and have a less congested fixture list at the business end of the season.
There is an easy way to do that. Dont win the Champions League. :smirk:

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
You know this trophy might become something big in the future ala the European Cup/Champions league.

Don't be so small minded. Its a big trophy because to get there you have to be European Champions.

If Sir Matt had the mentality of some of you lot we might not be playing in Europe today.

BahamaRed

Legend
The cuntis in Tokyo

From NEIL CUSTIS in Tokyo
Published: Today

WAYNE ROONEY is hell-bent on making Manchester United fans alter one of their chants.

At every game the Red Devils faithful let the opposition know they not only won the Premier League last season but the Champ-ions League too.
Now striker Rooney wants another line added on, with victory over Ecuador’s Liga de Quito in tomorrow’s Club World Cup final in Yokohama.
Rooney said: “It is a great opportunity for us to become world champions.
“You don’t get many chances to win this tournament so we want to win it.
“Our fans sing “Champions of England, champions of Europe” and it would sound even better for them to add “Champions of the world” so we want to win it for them and ourselves.”
Rooney, 23, also believes victory over the South American champions tomorrow would give them the perfect platform for a spectacular second half to their season.
He said: “It would send out a powerful message if we were to win it. We’re in quite a strong position in the league and if we go back as champions of the world it would be a big boost for us.
“It’s never been in my mind about winning the world championship. When I joined United the targets were the obvious ones like the Premier League and Champions League.
“But the chance to play in this really excited me. Not many players get this opportunity.”
Rooney came on late in Thursday’s semi-final but still scored twice in a 5-3 win over Japan’s Gamba Osaka.
United won the competition under its old guise as the InterContinental Cup in 1999.

Goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar could also call himself a club world champion after winning with Ajax in 1995.
Dutchman Van der Sar said: “It was great because I never became a world champion with the national team.
“It was a big thing for Ajax and 100,000 people welcomed us back for a big celebration in Amsterdam.
“That shows how important it was over there.
“You come all this way and miss out on some Premier League action so you might as well do all you can to win it.”
Left-back Patrice Evra added: “It could be only once in your life you have the opportunity to achieve something like this.
We must play this game like the Champions League final.

Methinks the players are up for it. (I assume Cuntis didn't make up the quotes, but wouldn't be surprised if he did). I am really looking forward to this. Even my son, who's more in to basketball, got up at 5am on Thursday to watch the first game with me.....and is reminding me now(as if I needed reminding) that we have to be up at 4:30am on Sunday. He's impressed. As will be many many around the world. I like that. The world impressed with my team from Manchester. Top of the World. The pyramid starts here!
Y'all better get behind the team for this one. It is the most massive game in the world. It is the game to decide WHO ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD. If we don't win it then we are not the best in the world. FULL STOP.

mattsville

We should do, if we win it will the 2nd time we will be world champions. As Gill says, in years to come this competition could be huge. It goes down in history against your name. The dippers have never won it...

mattsville

You know this trophy might become something big in the future ala the European Cup/Champions league.

Don't be so small minded. Its a big trophy because to get there you have to be European Champions.

If Sir Matt had the mentality of some of you lot we might not be playing in Europe today.
Nice one Billy, we pioneered English clubs into Europe, we were the first English club to win the European Cup, that is the nature of the club. The dippers go on about 5 european cups but they have NEVER won this competion in any form, it is a great opportunity for us to get 2, given the way world club football is improving, this could be a serious notch for us.

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
Nice one Billy, we pioneered English clubs into Europe, we were the first English club to win the European Cup, that is the nature of the club. The dippers go on about 5 european cups but they have NEVER won this competion in any form, it is a great opportunity for us to get 2, given the way world club football is improving, this could be a serious notch for us.
Nail on head!

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Funny how these things go. Rival supporters criticise us Man Utd fans for this. If we win a competition, its an important trophy. If we lose a competition, it was meaningless anyway. :smirk:
I was GUTTED when we lost the FA Cup final to L'Arse and Chelsea. FA Cup is not and never will be meaningless no matter how prestigious CL gets.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Was just listening to the Guardian Weekly extra podcast and they didn't refer to the competition one bit. Just says it all for the media in this country.