Championship 21/22

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Bournemouth just scored maybe the best worked goal I've ever seen from a kick off.
Was an incredible goal, and Parker stated after the game that they did indeed work on it on the training ground.

Really was an incredible game last night, am looking forward to seeing these in the Premiership next season.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Brereton the goal machine.

What a response and run of results since the humiliation against Fulham about a month ago, and it’s nice to see us beating Preston at home for the first time for more than 20 years.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brereton the goal machine.

What a response and run of results since the humiliation against Fulham about a month ago, and it’s nice to see us beating Preston at home for the first time for more than 20 years.
Fancy you guys to get 2nd now if you keep Brereton Diaz for the full season. Got all the momentum now.

Scott Parker again bottling automatic promotion from this league.

CraftySoAndSo

Fancy you guys to get 2nd now if you keep Brereton Diaz for the full season. Got all the momentum now.

Scott Parker again bottling automatic promotion from this league.
I don't get it with Parker either, nothing special imo. With Brereton Diaz is this potential finally being fulfilled or a big purple patch?

KranjskaKlobasa

Any 'boro fans on here? How is Šporar viewed? Personally I'm quite surprised by his goal tally in the Championship as he seemed to score only in weaker leagues.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Fulham going absolutely nuts in front of goal.

Played 26, scored 70. Next highest has 44.

19 goals in the last 3 games, 3 more than Barnsley have scored all season.

Mitrovic on 27 by himself, more goals than 6 teams have scored altogether and the same as another 3.

marktan

Jesus watching the Derby match the average age of Derby's front 6 is about 20. Aside from Tom Lawrence they're all straight from Derby's academy.

El Zoido

Derby do it again. Probably would have been disallowed in the premier league but, g’wan Wayne.

marktan

2-2, this Derby team made up of kids just does not give up.

CraftySoAndSo

feck that. Luton 3 points off play-offs with a game in hand... we're gonna do it! I can feel it in my bones! I am 100% sure we'll feck it up!
Nathan Jones is doing an excellent job once again at Luton. It's odd though how he can be so good at Luton but awful for Stoke, could be down to size of club and expectations i don't know., but Jones and Luton seem to fit like a glove. Are you not worried about him getting poached again at some point in the future?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Nathan Jones is doing an excellent job once again at Luton. It's odd though how he can be so good at Luton but awful for Stoke, could be down to size of club and expectations i don't know., but Jones and Luton seem to fit like a glove. Are you not worried about him getting poached again at some point in the future?
I don't think he'll turn his back on us again. I know there were talks when Cardiff or someone like that sacked their manager but I'm relaxed. Love his enthusiasm and passion.

CraftySoAndSo

I don't think he'll turn his back on us again. I know there were talks when Cardiff or someone like that sacked their manager but I'm relaxed. Love his enthusiasm and passion.
Yeah i think you'll be safe from teams like Cardiff as there's no reason to make that move. I was more thinking if a Prem side wanted to take a punt on him but i don't think he's ready for that yet. I remember being really impressed with your summer transfer window and thought you could be a dark horse for the play offs like Barnsley last year.

I caught the game a few weeks ago where you got a 97th minute winner but i can't remember who it was against but the atmosphere was brilliant. I think Jones's passion works well with your ground where it's so compact and the fans are right on the pitch it's a real pain for teams to go there. By the way if you got promoted does Kenilworth ground fit the criteria to be a prem ground or would that be a problem?

Reactions: Cheimoon

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah i think you'll be safe from teams like Cardiff as there's no reason to make that move. I was more thinking if a Prem side wanted to take a punt on him but i don't think he's ready for that yet. I remember being really impressed with your summer transfer window and thought you could be a dark horse for the play offs like Barnsley last year.

I caught the game a few weeks ago where you got a 97th minute winner but i can't remember who it was against but the atmosphere was brilliant. I think Jones's passion works well with your ground where it's so compact and the fans are right on the pitch it's a real pain for teams to go there. By the way if you got promoted does Kenilworth ground fit the criteria to be a prem ground or would that be a problem?
Oh yeah that was against Bournemouth I think. What a goal too by big Kal Naismith!

Not sure what the PL criteria is for grounds but we are moving soon to Power Court, which I'm sure will adhere to all criteria.

CraftySoAndSo

Oh yeah that was against Bournemouth I think. What a goal too by big Kal Naismith!

Not sure what the PL criteria is for grounds but we are moving soon to Power Court, which I'm sure will adhere to all criteria.
I don't know what the criteria is either but i remember when Blackpool got promoted they had trouble with their ground and had to do work to be able to host Premier League football.

Santos J

I don't know what the criteria is either but i remember when Blackpool got promoted they had trouble with their ground and had to do work to be able to host Premier League football.
12.5k capacity is the minimum

marktan

Good game tonight in Blackburn - Forest, both battling for a promotion spot, and given the recent form of both clubs, an automatic promotion spot. Haven't actually watched Brereton Diaz live so a good chance to watch for that, and of course our Garner will play for Forest.

On Derby - last night's win takes them to effectively 3 points off of safety given their +20 GD compared to Reading. Given that Reading have managed about 3 points in their last 10 games, whereas Derby have managed about 20, even a halving off their recent PPG would see Reading leapfrogged before long.

One thing that sticks out in my mind is the benefit of having a Cat 1 academy, as Derby do. They've been fielding a lot of academy players in their side, due to a combination of the transfer embargo and loosing players to make ends meet (and being unable to renew players out of contract, like Jagielka). Most of their midfield and attack is under 21, and yet they look very good. I know Brentford were known for binning their academy as it was costly to maintain, but it can be beneficial when you have the scope to give those academy players regular minutes.

marktan

Derby's lineup today has 7 academy players starting, all aged around 20. It might end up being too much for them but it's mad that they're even fighting to stay up.

Have to say must be fun to watch the young lads give it a go, I wouldn't mind trading the constant top 4 race for a season where we just go all out and play the likes of Garner, Mejbri etc, probably be a relegation scrap but would be fun to watch.

CraftySoAndSo

Derby's lineup today has 7 academy players starting, all aged around 20. It might end up being too much for them but it's mad that they're even fighting to stay up.

Have to say must be fun to watch the young lads give it a go, I wouldn't mind trading the constant top 4 race for a season where we just go all out and play the likes of Garner, Mejbri etc, probably be a relegation scrap but would be fun to watch.
Although we do have some talented youngsters, i doubt we'd do as well as Derby's youngsters are currently doing. Mainly because of all the crap that's been thrown at Derby this season what with the points deductions, unable to sell the club, being routinely screwed over by the EFL, problems with Steve Gibson and also potential liquidation. Because of all of that it feels like they've adopted a real "us against the world" siege mentality that's making them perform well beyond what's expected. If they do stay up, with all that's happened, i genuinely believe the only thing that rivals it is Leicester winning the league.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Although we do have some talented youngsters, i doubt we'd do as well as Derby's youngsters are currently doing. Mainly because of all the crap that's been thrown at Derby this season what with the points deductions, unable to sell the club, being routinely screwed over by the EFL, problems with Steve Gibson and also potential liquidation. Because of all of that it feels like they've adopted a real "us against the world" siege mentality that's making them perform well beyond what's expected. If they do stay up, with all that's happened, i genuinely believe the only thing that rivals it is Leicester winning the league.
Imagine they stay up by 1 point and EFl said "oh shit guys, forgot to say, we're deducting another two points" :lol: