Championship/EFL Play-offs | Brentford Blackpool & Morecambe promoted

Ralaks

Happy as a Dane to see Brentford promoted. 6 players in the squad today plus the coach. Hell even Reid was in DK from age 10.

Mads Roerslev is a funny story, was loaned out to a top division relegation team Denmark in 2019, but was not used and deemed not good enough. Now he played a part in getting promoted to the premier league league including 90 minutes in the play off final.

Exciting to see how they proceed in the PL

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Happy for them. They should've gotten promoted last year but bottled it tbh. Think they'll have a Leeds type of year 1 where they look at home right away.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When it happened I was writing up how awful it was, but on the replays he clearly lost his footing.

looked much worse in real time
Most bizarre challenge I've seen for a long time.
Sort of trod on the guy's achilles, then slipped, making it look an awful two footer.

The recipient did well to carry on.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Most bizarre challenge I've seen for a long time.
Sort of trod on the guy's achilles, then slipped, making it look an awful two footer.

The recipient did well to carry on.
Yeah the red was definitely deserved, just that when I saw it in real time I thought he literally leapt at the guy. Not that the red changed anything, Brentford were much the better side.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah the red was definitely deserved, just that when I saw it in real time I thought he literally leapt at the guy. Not that the red changed anything, Brentford were much the better side.
Brentford needed to go up this year.
From watching my boys Wycombe against you, and leading you 2-0 until a mad 5mins, it's probably a good thing you didn't go up, you're just not ready.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Brentford needed to go up this year.
From watching my boys Wycombe against you, and leading you 2-0 until a mad 5mins, it's probably a good thing you didn't go up, you're just not ready.
It’s tricky because of how bad the finances are, every window Swansea need to make a profit, so promotion would have at least allowed the club to spend some money on recruitments.

You’re not wrong though, Ayew is prem quality, although the wrong side of 30, but that’s probably it. I like Lowe a lot but he’s still raw, Roberts maybe, he’s one of the fittest players I’ve ever seen, but don’t know if he quite has top level quality. Cabango has promise but he’s 20, Guehi looks very promising but he’s on loan from Chelsea. There’s not much there and the game against your lot is fairly representative of the current side.

Compare that to the Swansea side that got promoted where you had Rangel, Ashley Williams and Neil Taylor in defence, Britton and Joe Allen in midfield, Sinclair and Dyer on the wings. Lots of solid players who were good on the ball, which this side hasn’t got.

The owners need to spend some money to take this side forward but they’ve been awful.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
To say I am happy today is an understatement :D

I thought last week vs muff was good but being there today having only ever see us loose at Wembley and all the finals we've been to what a surreal feeling to walk away from Wembley feeling euphoria.

Days like to today show me how much I've missed football in my life during the last year or so and to think next time I go to Lionel Road it will be to support the Bees as a Premier League team.

Amazing scenes for the two goals and the final whistle - limbs :D

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I thought last week vs muff was good but being there today having only ever see us loose at Wembley and all the finals we've been to what a surreal feeling to walk away from Wembley feeling euphoria.

Days like to today show me how much I've missed football in my life during the last year or so and to think next time I go to Lionel Road it will be to support the Bees as a Premier League team.

Congrats.

So, moving forward, do you have transfer targets in mind? I’m sure the Bees message boards are busy with chatter

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Congrats.

So, moving forward, do you have transfer targets in mind? I’m sure the Bees message boards are busy with chatter
There is always a list ;)

To be honest the DOFs play their cards close to their chests so we don't tend to get any concrete leads till the deals are almost done.

We have done ourselves a massive favour by getting promoted as the we can fish in a bigger seas now, with Brexit I anticipated recruitment would have been harder for us in the Championship next season.

acnumber9

This is what I love about English football - who here had heard of Brentford this time last year? And now they’re a Premier League side and will get to come to Old trafford next season.
I’d guess the vast majority had heard of Brentford.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
We have done ourselves a massive favour by getting promoted as the we can fish in a bigger seas now, with Brexit I anticipated recruitment would have been harder for us in the Championship next season.
Congrats on promotion!

And yes, Brexit has definitely made fishing more difficult. ;)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I’d guess the vast majority had heard of Brentford.
Yeah, this time last year they were in pretty much the same spot, except they had rather just missed out on promotion. Dial it back a few more years and @redrobed has a better point. :)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I assume you're looking to WUM.

Happy hunting.
Yeah, there's really nothing special about Ole being skipped over in that list. Klopp and Pep are (among) the best managers in the world, Bielsa is probably best known in the EPL after them (for different reasons). However much you may or may not like him, Ole just isn't in that list right now. And the commentators can't help that those three all coach rivals of United's.

Not everything's a dig against United. In fact, probably very little is.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

Congratulations on the promotion!
My favourite memory supporting Swansea was at Wembley during the win against Reading, then getting to watch them in the prem against teams like United and Liverpool was unreal. I’m looking forward
to seeing your lot in the top flight next season. I hope it goes well and you get some great memories!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The forum is dire since the other night so I'm a little tetchy. I also kept getting tagged by that lunatic Giggsyking post match during his meltdown which pissed me off no ends.
Well you know I respect your posts. Just wondered why you’ve got so angry

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Congratulations on the promotion!
My favourite memory supporting Swansea was at Wembley during the win against Reading, then getting to watch them in the prem against teams like United and Liverpool was unreal. I’m looking forward
to seeing your lot in the top flight next season. I hope it goes well and you get some great memories!
Cheers fella - hope next season you get back to playing that good football that got you to the Premier League in the first place and maybe you can go a step further next year!

Andersonson

Yeah, there's really nothing special about Ole being skipped over in that list. Klopp and Pep are (among) the best managers in the world, Bielsa is probably best known in the EPL after them (for different reasons). However much you may or may not like him, Ole just isn't in that list right now. And the commentators can't help that those three all coach rivals of United's.

Not everything's a dig against United. In fact, probably very little is.
Find a different thread for this. Has nothing to do with the thread.

Congrats to Brentford! Exciting!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Blackpool went an (own) goal down to Lincoln in the first minute of the League One playoff final, but they've been the better team for most of the rest. Blackpool now leading 2-1, both their goals scored by Dougall*. It's woken Lincoln up though, so it should be a decent last half hour.

* The defensive midfielder - not the dog out of Magic Roundabout.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Cheers fella - hope next season you get back to playing that good football that got you to the Premier League in the first place and maybe you can go a step further next year!
You’re spot on about the style of football, I think having the ability to play on the front foot in a more expansive manner is not only the key to promotion, but also surviving in the PL.

I like Cooper and I understand he’s managing under bad constraints, but Swansea were lucky to finish 4th truth be told, the defence was great but need to take a step forward and start taking the game to the opponents. Would be nice to copy your recruitment and start finding some real gems.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
League One playoff ends: Blackpool 2-1 Lincoln. Which means Blackpool are in the Championship next season.

Big day for their fans after the years of anger and boycotts against the Oystons (their old owners), they're finally looking like a proper club again. The club has spent most of the past two years rebuilding its infrastructure, repairing its current training ground and planning a new one, restarting its youth system etc. They've assembled the best team and coaching staff they could without breaking the budget and today's a massive endorsement for what they've done.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
League 2 playoff tomorrow (Monday 31st May) at 3pm. Morecambe v Newport.
I'm hoping Newport can win this one, I'm actually quite fond of Morecambe as a town and have spent some time there, but I've lived in Newport (which I hate a a town) and have gone to plenty of their games. It was actually during the time when 16 year old former United player Regan Poole was getting game time. Michael Flynn has done a great job is a talented manager, all that combined with blind Welsh patriotism means I'll be rooting for them tomorrow.

Happy to see Brentford in the PL, i think every fan will be. Some new blood instead of another yo-yo club and it will be interesting to see how they get on. Based on little more than the playoff game the defence and keeper might need a bit of work but the attack looks decent.

Alemar

Late congratulations to you @el diablorojo
I remember your disappointment last year, but luckily enough 10th final worked in your favour.

Very good for all of us to see a new team in EPL. Hopefully we will get two league wins over Brentford next season, though - your points must be at Etihad and other such places:D

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Late congratulations to you @el diablorojo
I remember your disappointment last year, but luckily enough 10th final worked in your favour.

Very good for all of us to see a new team in EPL. Hopefully we will get two league wins over Brentford next season, though - your points must be at Etihad and other such places:D
Cheers fella - next season will very much take points wherever we can get them :)

Fancy us to pull off a few shocks here and there ;)