Championship/EFL Play-offs | Brentford Blackpool & Morecambe promoted

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Shame to see Steve Cook have to go off, even if he does look like the missing link between Martin Keown and modern humans.

Wouldn't mind any of the sides in the playoffs going up, though maybe Barnsley or Brentford would be nice for the novelty value with the other two spots being a bit of same old.

Leonzo1

Just noticed Jack Wilshere on the Bournemouth bench. I know he declined quite a bit in recent years but still.

Ludens the Red

Shame to see Steve Cook have to go off, even if he does look like the missing link between Martin Keown and modern humans.

Wouldn't mind any of the sides in the playoffs going up, though maybe Barnsley or Brentford would be nice for the novelty value with the other two spots being a bit of same old.
:lol:

AgentSmith

When was the last time the 3 relegated teams from the year before were the 3 teams to get promoted back to the Premier League?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Gary Doherty. Never heard of him when Spurs signed him. Didn’t resemble a footballer either but played in attack and defence. Played for my local side Wycombe too but I don’t recall it

V.O.

There's no way this Valerien Ismael chap managing Barnsley actually exists, is there?

Never heard of him in my life before, yet his wiki reckons he's played full seasons for Palace and Bayern. His name sounds like a character from the D&D thread as well.

Minkaro

Barnsley apparently playing Frieza. Can’t wait till they bring on Cell or Majin Buu.

V.O.

This has all been very panto so far. Aside from the stakes, it's coming over how much the fans fecking love being back in.

V.O.

Looked a shade offside. Would have thought they'd have VAR in games with these stakes.

Lovely finish, mind.

V.O.

Barnsley's only bits of joy coming from long throws and hoiking it into the box from deep free kicks.

Brexit will finally mean Brexit if these can get up and play Burnley in the Prem. :drool:

PoTMS

Of course it'll be Swansea or Bournemouth coming up. These parachute payments need to be reduced. I understand the reasoning behind it but it's causing too much of a disparity between the clubs in the Championship. Norwich can stroll to the title while having Premier League players on show whilst Barnsley are battling it out with them for promotion with mostly League 1 players.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Of course it'll be Swansea or Bournemouth coming up. These parachute payments need to be reduced. I understand the reasoning behind it but it's causing too much of a disparity between the clubs in the Championship. Norwich can stroll to the title while having Premier League players on show whilst Barnsley are battling it out with them for promotion with mostly League 1 players.
Swansea have made a profit of about 90 million from player sales over the last three seasons.

V.O.

Not sure about Swansea having a massive financial advantage, or at least them using it to get much of an advantage on the pitch. Outside of Ayew, they look very much a Championship side. They've just brought on Wayne Routledge's ghost ffs.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Not sure about Swansea having a massive financial advantage, or at least them using it to get much of an advantage on the pitch. Outside of Ayew, they look very much a Championship side. They've just brought on Wayne Routledge's ghost ffs.
I think he's eaten Wayne Routledge.

Welbeckham

Norwich can stroll to the title while having Premier League players on show whilst Barnsley are battling it out with them for promotion with mostly League 1 players.
Those Norwich’s Premier League players are pretty much the exact same players they had the previous time they were promoted. Obviously parachute payments might help in keeping those players, but they haven’t really made any big signings at any point.

They signed Buendia, Pukki and Krul for pennies (two of them free) in 2018, and that is basically the main reason they have been promoted twice since that summer. They even sold Maddison, Godfrey and Jamal Lewis for a combined £55m and hardly used any of that money for replacements.

To continue, Bournemouth and Watford are the most obvious cases of this, bringing players like Lerma and Sarr into Championship.

V.O.

No idea how there's only three minutes. Woodman has wasted that on his own.

Maybe the ref just wants to get out of Barnsley.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I just think with covid it was a unique situation.

Relegated clubs usually lose 3-4 key players when relegated. Who'd have thought Watford would've kept Ismaila Sarr and Norwich likes of Buendia. Bournemouth also kept someone like David Brooks who'd be fine for many bottom half prem teams. Without those and losing a couple of others I think two would've missed out on top 6.

Will be different for ones coming down, West Brom will lose Matheus Periera for a start and Fulham won't be able to sign any of the good loan players they have although they're usually up there regardless.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Apologies if there's already a thread but if there isn't one, there is one now. This thread posted in honour of Blackpool and its fans who had to suffer through the Oyston ownership years.

Championship playoffs for the PL
Brentford v Bournemouth play Sat 22 - 12:30
Bournemouth won first leg 1-0

Swansea v Barnsley - Sat 22 - 6:30pm
Swansea won first leg 0-1

League 1 playoffs
Oxford O-3 Blackpool
Blackpool v Oxford playing Friday 21st - 7:45

Lincoln 2-0 Sunderland
Sunderland v Lincoln - Sat 22nd - 3:30

League 2 playoffs
Morecambe v Tranmere Sunday 23 12:30
Morecambe won first leg 1-2

Forest Green v Newport
Newport won first leg 2-0

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This has been a fun watch mainly because both sides are going for goals and not really trying to lower their intensity. I was kind of expecting this to peter out in the 2nd half, but nope, it's kept going at a frenetic pace.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Blackpool 3-3 Oxford on the night, and Blackpool win 6-3 on aggregate. Not a typical Blackpool result this season. From what I've seen of it, their League run has relied on a tight defence and the odd good burst of forward play. I suspect without a crowd this might just have faded out in a 0-0 or something.

Playoff final at Wembley on the 30th May.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Wtf was Begovic doing there :lol:

B'mouth are unhinged, come on you bees!!!