Championship/EFL Play-offs | Brentford Blackpool & Morecambe promoted

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Amazed Woodgate's taken him off as he's a good ball carrier which is needed with 10 men.
Was certainly a brave move and now relies on them shutting Brentford out and hoping to skimp through on the goals they already have.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What the feck even was that :lol:

kyofusho

Looking at the slow-motion there was definitely luck involved in how Janelt got his shot in but Lerma ends up stopping the ball with his tackle and Janelt's contact on his left foot looked perfect.

kaiz

Bournemouth aren’t really a yo-yo team tbh they’ve only been relegated once.
I really hate the term yo-yo team, very entitled and disrespectful from big teams' fans. But I hope Bournemouth fail here. I hope they stay in the championship until they put out an ad which says: "We're shit because we spent way too much money on Liverpool's trash. If you don't want to end up like us, stay away from Liverpool."

marktan

I really hate the term yo-yo team, very entitled and disrespectful from big teams' fans. But I hope Bournemouth fail here. I hope they stay in the championship until they put out an ad which says: "We're shit because we spent way too much money on Liverpool's trash. If you don't want to end up like us, stay away from Liverpool."
:lol: Agreed.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I think it's more about the fans and the sheer lack of excitement that yo-yo clubs tend to bring knowing, from past experience, there's a good chance they'll go down again.

It's different to the Huddersfields, Blackpools, Leeds (sadly), Sheffield United's of this world who bring a charming level naivety mixed with optimism.

I agree it's a bit disrepectful - maybe snobbish.

Swedish_Plumber

Teams like Norwich are happy to gain the parachute money when relegated. Their fans obviously aren’t happy to see it happen, but the owners are content. I think they can handle the term. And by definition, it’s true. Norwich and Fulham haven’t spent much more than a season up in a while.

Nick7

Three great chances for Brentford missed. I’d love to see them come up, but would love to see Pearson in the premier league.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bet Bournemouth wish these games had VAR!
That'd have been ruled out.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Woodgate should have brought Long on ages ago.
For chasing lost causes in the channels there really isn't many better than Shane Long at this level.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Think that's the first time I've ever seen a keeper get caught offside.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Has Brentford ever been in the EPL? Seems they were comfortably the 3rd best team in the Championship, and it would be nice to have to some new blood in the league, especially with the very boring norwich and watford already confirmed.

CM

Well deserved from Brentford. Played the better football, hopefully they can hold it together in the final.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Just watched the highlights. Glad Brentford for through. Hopefully this time they finish the job because it would be good to see a new club reach the PL.

also, Begovic is a bit of a tit.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Just watched the highlights. Glad Brentford for through. Hopefully this time they finish the job because it would be good to see a new club reach the PL.

also, Begovic is a bit of a tit.
I thought he really embarrassed himself today.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Has Brentford ever been in the EPL? Seems they were comfortably the 3rd best team in the Championship, and it would be nice to have to some new blood in the league, especially with the very boring norwich and watford already confirmed.
West brom will probably be back next year:D

Ludens the Red

Sunderland comedy incoming.

Fans booed the knee. Which is very surprising considering Sunderlands very open and diverse history.

Acole9

Outstanding
Well done Brentford, glad they won. I know the final is yet to come but would've been boring all three teams going down last year all coming back up.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Well done Brentford, glad they won. I know the final is yet to come but would've been boring all three teams going down last year all coming back up.
Hopefully Barnsley can turn it around against Swansea too. It's always nicer to see a bit more variety in the premier League and of it's not going to Brentford I'd rather it be Barnsley.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
The Premier League as its own thing - no they haven't.
They did spend a few years in the top flight. I believe the last time was 1942, though.

Barnsley only spent one season in the top flight and that was in the Premier League era in the 90s. Both would be refreshing teams to see in the top league. Shows that the English pyramid works, despite the parachute payments turning some ex-PL teams into satellites.

Even lower we could see Blackpool back in the 2nd tier, or Lincoln in the 2nd tier for the first time since 1961. Cheltenham and Cambridge back in League One after a decade+ stay out of it. Possibly Newport or Morecambe in League One. Even plucky non league Sutton are on the verge of their Football League debut if they get one more win.

Absolutely love the English football system and I watch lower leagues more than the Premier League these days.

Acole9

Outstanding
Hopefully Barnsley can turn it around against Swansea too. It's always nicer to see a bit more variety in the premier League and of it's not going to Brentford I'd rather it be Barnsley.
Yeah that would be good to see.