Championship run in and battle for promotion

Devil may care

Dyche is the second coming of Pulis, Brighton and Middlesbrough are both much better to watch than Burnley.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Is there a more pointless team out there than Burnley? Other than Sunderland obviously.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fecking Burnley. Hoping Sheffield Wednesday somehow make it through the playoffs.

Uniquim

Will be watching Middlesbrough v Brighton tomorrow. Straight up promotion game there. Watching as a neutral, but I expect Middlesbrough to win the game. Not always the most exciting team to watch, but I think Aitor Karanka is very capable, and that Middlesbrough could be difficult to deal with for a lot of premier league teams next year.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Will be watching Middlesbrough v Brighton tomorrow. Straight up promotion game there. Watching as a neutral, but I expect Middlesbrough to win the game. Not always the most exciting team to watch, but I think Aitor Karanka is very capable, and that Middlesbrough could be difficult to deal with for a lot of premier league teams next year.
Yep and they are a bogey team for us. I'll be cheering on Brighton.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I'll have United on the tablet and Brighton on the TV. Hoping Wilson gets the nod ahead of Baldock.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
My mate's a Sheffield Wednesday fan, so I hope they win the playoffs.

Cool story, I know.

Enigma_87

You know who
Yep and they are a bogey team for us. I'll be cheering on Brighton.
Yeah me too, hopefully Brighton can make it up. Would be very tough game tho and they need the win.

vanthaman

Winner
Championship Playoff final number 1 today, Brighton are putting 3 big screens on the pitch at the Amex today so I'm going to watch it there, only £2 a ticket

devil in me

Really want Brighton to go up. Think they deserve a crack at the big time. Funnily enough I watched them stay in the league on the last game of the season many years ago (1997ish). Could've been the end for them if they went down. Would be brilliant if it went full circle today.

Nickosaur

Championship Playoff final number 1 today, Brighton are putting 3 big screens on the pitch at the Amex today so I'm going to watch it there, only £2 a ticket
Wish I could be there, atmosphere will be immense. Really hoping they go up. Went really close a couple of seasons ago.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why doesn't this happen more often? Big teams should be doing this when they reach domestic or European finals. Leicester should have done the same on Monday.

Needham

Dyche is the second coming of Pulis, Brighton and Middlesbrough are both much better to watch than Burnley.
Listening to him on the radio drives me nuts, wish he'd just get on with it and clear his throat.

newseasonticket

Would love to get cozy inside Wayne Bridge's pocke
Really want Brighton to go up. Think they deserve a crack at the big time. Funnily enough I watched them stay in the league on the last game of the season many years ago (1997ish). Could've been the end for them if they went down. Would be brilliant if it went full circle today.
It was Hereford away in 1997. One match from exiting the football league as you rightly say the end of the club. Since then owners sold Goldstone Ground to build retail park, home games played at Gillingham, 150 mile round trip. I remember the excitement in 1999 when the club returned to Brighton to play at Withdean, an athletics track with temporary stands and capacity of around 7000!

There really was a generation in Brighton that hadn't seen their home team play. A combination of Gillingham and limited tickets at Withdean. The building of the 'Amex' a few years ago was so great for the club and city and the opening being back in the championship was great. Suddenly brighton were getting 20k plus gates every week. 30k v Derby last weekend and I think Brighton took 6500 to MK Dons a few months ago.

Brighton is a great club, with a fantastic community programme and fans that have been through it. They deserve this.

Enigma_87

You know who
It was Hereford away in 1997. One match from exiting the football league as you rightly say the end of the club. Since then owners sold Goldstone Ground to build retail park, home games played at Gillingham, 150 mile round trip. I remember the excitement in 1999 when the club returned to Brighton to play at Withdean, an athletics track with temporary stands and capacity of around 7000!

There really was a generation in Brighton that hadn't seen their home team play. A combination of Gillingham and limited tickets at Withdean. The building of the 'Amex' a few years ago was so great for the club and city and the opening being back in the championship was great. Suddenly brighton were getting 20k plus gates every week. 30k v Derby last weekend and I think Brighton took 6500 to MK Dons a few months ago.

Brighton is a great club, with a fantastic community programme and fans that have been through it. They deserve this.
aye.
They also have a Leicester like resurgence compared to last year, when they finished 20th, 6 points off relegation zone finishing the season with 1 win in 11 games. Now they have a chance to get to 2nd or even 1st positions if they win today.

If it wasn't for a poor one month from middle of December to middle of January when they drew 3 and lost 4 in a row, mainly due to injuries, they could've walked it.

devil in me

It was Hereford at home for me ;). A straight shoot out to stay in the league! Hereford now in the 9th tier and Brighton one game away from the Premier League. Obviously a lot has happened since 97 but will still be great to see if they do it today. One of my favourite cities, too. Great place.

Red Diva

Burnley looking likely to win the Championship, 3-0 up against Charlton.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Wow that's one hell of a nasty wound. Shame as I really, really want Brighton to go up.

Fener1907

That's looks like a horrible injury. Looks like he opened up quite a big wound with that one. No option for Dean, it's common sense he had to go.

Fener1907

Ramirez injury/whatever you call it. Don't look if you're averse to nasty injuries.

Kaos

Ugh Boro, shit club, shit city, shit fans.

The cnuts always seem to raise their game against us too.

Fener1907

Disappointed that Brighton didn't go up. Get rid of one shite north-east team and bring another up. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

Brighton, Hull, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday now go for the third promotion spot. I'd take any of them except Hull. If Hull go up, it would be the most apathy-inducing outcome.

vanthaman

Winner
How can you go from giving a yellow to a red by looking at an injury? It's the challenge not the injury that is worthy of a card

Fener1907

How can you go from giving a yellow to a red by looking at an injury? It's the challenge not the injury that is worthy of a card
Because the initial assessment can be off, so it's perfectly reasonable to look at the result of a tackle and conclude that it was more dangerous than originally thought. The wound clearly demonstrated that it was a shit challenge deserving of a red card.