CHARITY SHIELD: Chelsea vs. Manchester United; Sun 8 August 2010

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think the team will be:

VDS
Rafael Vidic Evans Evra
Valencia Fletcher Scholes Nani
Berbatov Rooney​

Hopefully the likes of Hernandez + Cleverley will play some part. Personally i'd like to see Hernandez start but I doubt that he will.

phelans shorts

VDS

Rafael
Vidic
Evans
Evra

Valencia
Fletcher
Scholes
Nani

Rooney
Berbatov

Is what I would go with, would like to see chicharito on for Rooney after about an hour to get a run at the less than speedy Terry.

ntripunovski

VDS

Rafael
Evans
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Park
Fletcher
Nani

Chicharito
Rooney

Its a final time to give Park the middle like he once played in PSV

Commadus

Don't we have a poor scoring record at Wembley?

Will be interesting to see how we play if we start with Rooney and Berba up - would mean leaving our midfield 2 on 3.

The White Pele

I think we'll go 4-4-2. Obviously Rooney is going to play and will probably get a full 90, and then Owen and possibly Hernandez need minutes more than the central midfield players do, with the exception of Carrick who is injured.

Evra should return also.

Edit: Forgot Park. He could play in the middle as Nani and Valencia could do with another game. ntripunovski's team is probably about right

Shimo

Mother fecker... just clicked we are playing at Wemerly - can we please not play Owen there (and maybe Rooney) - hope to all that is holy that the pitch is not a piece of crap.

Can't we just play this game at OT or SB? Much safer.

Shimo

I see Drogba is going to miss this game, and possibly the start of the season. He's having a groin operation. :)
That's old news. Cech and Alex are out as well if you missed that.

nemanja15

Likely matchday squad:

van der Sar, Kuszczak, Amos
Evra, Brown, Smalling, Vidic, Fabio, Rafael, O'Shea, J Evans
Giggs, Park, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Valencia, Gibson
Owen, Berbatov, Rooney, Hernandez

On the basis that Neville, Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Anderson and Carrick are injured.

Carl

VDS

Rafael
Evans
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Park
Fletcher
Nani

Chicharito
Rooney

Its a final time to give Park the middle like he once played in PSV
If Park is to play in the middle he would need 2 other centre midfielder in there with him. To just play Park and Fletch in against Essien, Lampard and Mikel would be suicide.

Ace

Van der Sar
Rafael
Evans
Vidic
Evra
Valencia
Fletcher
Gibson
Nani
Berbatov
Rooney

rojinegroz

i was under the impression that rooney was going not going to play sundays game as some sort of punishment for his public urination incident

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
My team

---------VDS

Brown-Vidic-Evans-JOS

Valencia-Scholes-Fletcher-Nani

-------Rooney in da hole....

--------Chicarito

Shimo

Rooney Berbatov
Nani Fletcher Scholes Valencia
Evra Vidic Evans Brown
Van Der Sar​

Strongest 442 we can put out at the moment really, pending seeing how Hernandez beds into competitive football.
Brown didn't travel to Ireland - anyone know if he is injured or was there another reason?

Then Berba shouldn't. We weren't good enough against Chelsea on either occasion last season. Its time we see whether Hernandez might give us a new threat.
We certainly were a match for them in the Charity Shield - Nani was raping them and things changed once he went off hurt.

At their place - we were a match as well - denied a penalty and an on side 1-1 that was incorrectly flagged. Should have at worst come away with a draw.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
We certainly were a match for them in the Charity Shield - Nani was raping them and things changed once he went off hurt.
The CS doesn't matter hence why we should play Hernandez in preparation for occasions when it does matter.

At their place - we were a match as well - denied a penalty and an on side 1-1 that was incorrectly flagged. Should have at worst come away with a draw.
At their place we had plenty of chances and failed to tuck them away before losing hence we were not good enough. We now have a player who appears to be a highly accomplished finisher lets use him and see what he can bring to the table.

Shimo

Guess I look at it differently. Can still be good enough but, get unlucky and shafted at the same time.

Also, I do think the CS matters when it's against the team that will be your main rival for the title. Can help your own confidence (or shake it). Both teams can talk all they want but, they'll still remember it the next time they meet.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
----------------------VDS-----------------

OShea------Vidic-------Evans-------Evra

--------------Fletcher------Carrick---------------

---------------------Scholes------------------------

Valencia--------------------------------Nani-----

--------------------Rooney--------------------

If Evra is still out of fitness then put Evans in his role and insert Smalling in the team. If Carrick is injured then put Scholes deep and play Park as the most advanced midfielder.

Carl

Fergie has said Rooney and Owen will get 45 mins.

Jacob

Amazingly, I'm not excited one bit. The league opener on the other hand... :nervous::D:drool:

Carl

Amazingly, I'm not excited one bit. The league opener on the other hand... :nervous::D:drool:
I think it's because Fergie treats it as a usual, pre-season warm up game. He uses it as an opportunity to give players some minutes.

RonaldoVII

You can understand that this season with the World Cup but for me it's still a chance to get one over on Chelsea and lift a trophy. We got screwed last season after Ballack nailed Evra and we got nothing for it before they scored yet only minutes earlier the ref blew for a similar incident in their favour. You could tell how much it meant to some of the players by the reaction to our late equaliser. Shame we picked lame penalty takers, though.

oleonenumber20

------------------VDS------------------

Rafael-------Vidic-------Evans------Evra

Valencia----Fletcher----Scholes-----Giggs

---------Rooney--------Hernandez--------

Commadus

Play Berbatov he is less likely than anyone to get injured on the wembley pitch as that would require running!

:lol:

Scholesy

Carrick will miss Sunday’s Community Shield clash through injury, but Sir Alex confirmed both Rooney and Vidic will definitely play some part in the game, with Park and Hernandez also available. Evra, however, will continue to work on his fitness.

“Patrice won’t be involved for a while yet,” confirmed the boss. “Over the last five years he has played an average of 55 games a year. This summer he has had the World Cup as well so we felt he deserved another week's rest. We’ll know more about how the likes of Wayne and Nemanja are on Sunday. They’ll definitely play part of the game.