g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Chelsea 2016/17 - Very Content

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Does not excuse the fact he straight up killed a woman and was happy with getting a €61,000 fine and seems to not have skipped a beat. Disgusting. Every time I see the guys face I want to punch it.
There is always a possibility of that happening anytime someone speeds in a car.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Hazard has come out recently and said that although the media don't believe him, he was carrying a hip injury for much of last season and that badly affected his performances. I can't help but wonder if our reliance on playng through him, mixed with that minor injury might have set off the decline, and then Jose just didn't manage to lift the team back up/work around it and it just ended up in a vicious circle of collapsing morale and frustration.

I doubt we'll ever know for sure what happened, because I doubt Jose and the players really know either. It's always tempting to look for the easy answer (it was Jose's fault!/It was the players being prima donnas!/It was chemtrails!) but I think that kind of bizarre falling apart has to be a fairly complex domino effect of lots of small things just setting off a disintegration. I'm still annoyed by how bizarre some of Jose's behaviour was over the last few seasons (the Eva thing in particular was just nonsensical) but I don't blame him completely for last year. Sometimes things just fall apart.
Good post.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
Why are you so bothered about that incident? Are you related to the woman?
I am bothered because he literally killed someone and no clubs/players/journalists seem to care and he is able to continue with his life as if nothing happened. Anyone else and their career would be over and rightfully so.

I am more bothered that you don't care and think it's ok lol

There is always a possibility of that happening anytime someone speeds in a car.
He wasn't just speeding.....

The details of the case:
On 2 May 2011, Alonso was arrested following his involvement in a car accident in Madrid. He was the driver of a car that collided with a wall, killing one of the passengers, a 19-year-old woman, having been driving at 112.8 km/h in wet conditions in a 50 km/h zone, with a blood alcohol level of 0.93 mg per litre.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
I am bothered because he literally killed someone and no clubs/players/journalists seem to care and he is able to continue with his life as if nothing happened. Anyone else and their career would be over and rightfully so.

I am more bothered that you don't care and think it's ok lol

He wasn't just speeding.....

The details of the case:
On 2 May 2011, Alonso was arrested following his involvement in a car accident in Madrid. He was the driver of a car that collided with a wall, killing one of the passengers, a 19-year-old woman, having been driving at 112.8 km/h in wet conditions in a 50 km/h zone, with a blood alcohol level of 0.93 mg per litre.
Do we even know the past of all our current players? How does it even matter. Its not even like its a straight murder as you portray it to be. Rich people get by a lot of things.

And as my felow chels fan said, this is not a thread for this discussion. It's a thread for our celebration for the 7 games and to be on top and title contenders. So KTBFFH!

Baxter

Probably quite a different to most but didn't think they were that good until City opened right up. Got the luck and the right moments but to be fair they took their chances.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Kinda lucky that City's finishing sucked today but they showed huge mentality by taking the game into their hands after that.

Minimalist

Glad I've been proved right (so far) about Chelsea. Bit like Klopp, there's a lot to be said for a manager who has his players amped up two or three levels over the opposition.

dichinero

I feel so jealous seeing how Conte has transformed this lot of apparent misfits! A manager with a clear idea and identity.

Truedevil

I'd bet my life if he came to United he would struggle a lot and couldn't find a working system.

Enigma_87

You know who
I feel so jealous seeing how Conte has transformed this lot of apparent misfits! A manager with a clear idea and identity.
He's an excellent manager. The team being so good is mainly due to his efforts.

Considering his work with a bang average Italy side at the EURO's he's easily one of the contenders of manager of the year.

Zoo

If it's not us then I hope they do it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
No Matic today and yet they still pulled off an impressive victory. Clear favourites for the title assuming Costa and Hazard stay healthy.

Raw

I thought they got lucky quite a bit today, City missed a lot of chances. But they did well to hold on, scored some excellent goals on the counter and City went into complete meltdown. Hope they can keep it up and win the title ahead of City and Liverpool.

3KDré

I'm rooting for Chelsea to win the league right now if I am honest. I dislike the rest in the title race and we're not in it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This was as good a performance as I've seen in the league this season. Great organisation, finishing and quick counter attacks. Blueprint for winning away games.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I thought they got lucky quite a bit today, City missed a lot of chances. But they did well to hold on, scored some excellent goals on the counter and City went into complete meltdown. Hope they can keep it up and win the title ahead of City and Liverpool.
This. City should have been about three up before Costa scored.

Walters_19_MuFc

Just came in here to say how fantastic Costa has been for Chelsea this year. In terms of all round play, he has to be the best striker in the league.

whatagoodname

Supports
Liverpool
Just came in here to say how fantastic Costa has been for Chelsea this year. In terms of all round play, he has to be the best striker in the league.
spot on. he's also cut out alot of the complaining aswell. Been brilliant.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Yeah indeed, Costa is absolutely menacing when he just focuses on his game.

Kag

Conte is doing a terrific job. This Chelsea squad is far from perfect, was lacking in confidence and they had a ragged transfer window. Conte had excuses, but he hasn't even needed to use them. It's frustrating to watch from a United perspective.

bleedred

Liverpool and chelsea are clearly reaping the benefits of just having the league to concentrate, while the others around them have to contend with other games.

I still think they are not that good.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Makes you wonder what the feck Jose was doing there last season.

whatagoodname

Supports
Liverpool
This. People said he needed this to be the player he was, but it's clear he doesn't. He's a much better player when he's focused on the game. A joy to watch this season.
completely agree. there have almost been points this season where i haven't completely hated him.

Those 2 touches today before the strike for his goal today was class.

whatagoodname

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool and chelsea are clearly reaping the benefits of just having the league to concentrate, while the others around them have to contend with other games.

I still think they are not that good.
they've won 8 in a row in the league. scored 22. conceded 2.

Beaten City, Utd, Spurs, everton, southampton.

I think it's fair to say they've been pretty good.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Definitely favourites. Coming back like that and holding out before equalising... not many teams would've been able to do it.

donkeyfish

Impressive, looking very strong. I do however remember Mourinhos Chelsea in 14/15: that team looked much much better first half than second. They are in the flow at the moment, but I doubt it'll last until the end.

If they react well to the inevitable slump of form/bad luck/injuries periods, I reckon they'll win it. Entertaining to watch though, I wouldn't mind that much if they do. Have to appreciate the quality.

Once again it shows that no Europe is a positive. Perhaps not easy to say exactly how much.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
This is an excellent team no question about it. That left side of Alonso/Cahill is the only obvious weakness. City continuously exposed that left sided zone but last ditch defending from Azpilicueta, Luiz & even Moses saved us.

prtk0811

What won chelsea the game vs man city??

The work rate, pace , energy and acceleration of wilian and kante. That's lets you win first and second balls and dominate the game . This is what is lacking in an united wing play and midfeild which ferguson's team never lacked.

Rafael welbeck nani Zaha park ji sung were all crucial high energy work rate players which decide games when the quality of top 6 sides are nearly equal

Ainu

How on earth did they finish tenth last season? They're clearly a very good side. I must admit I'm glad they're doing well, what with us out of contention and Liverpool and City (though not of late) looking strong. Unless we can improve to the extent that we get back among the contenders come May that is. I like Conte's passion and I'm happy Hazard is playing well, so yeah, I don't mind them.

dichinero

I'd bet my life if he came to United he would struggle a lot and couldn't find a working system.
Please don't cos you'll lose it. His plan was clear from day one and with the little time he had due to his commitments at the Euros, he was able to identify problems, fix it and a supposedly mentally weak bunch playing football at an impressive level. Given the amount of money we have to burn, Conte would have got us challenging no doubt. Best manager in the league at the moment.

prtk0811

How on earth did they finish tenth last season? They're clearly a very good side. I must admit I'm glad they're doing well, what with us out of contention and Liverpool and City (though not of late) looking strong. Unless we can improve to the extent that we get back among the contenders come May that is. I like Conte's passion and I'm happy Hazard is playing well, so yeah, I don't mind them.
Their full backs and terry were having a bad season and they needed strengthening there so the wingers needed to support them and were too deep. They failed to buy stones, also matic was being exposed quiet a few times while kante's energy gives them extra control in the midfeild. since a 343 formation change they have been top class

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Credit to him. He came back much slimmer after being embarrassingly overweight last season. He looks like a man determine to attain success.