Chelsea 2018/19 - 3rd and European Champions. Sarri, not sorry

Mcking

I'm glad the 'never won a trophy' argument has been well and truly put to rest. Now for Poch.

Raw

Also reaching the League cup final. They've done well in all competitions, except the FA cup when we knocked them out.

With Hazard and Sarri going though, I'm very interested to see how they handle it next season.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Very strange season. When you think we got well beaten at the Emirates and scraped a win at home. Never saw us winning 4 1.

Sarri leaving probably, but could barely have acheived more.

Credit to Abramovich, somehow we're always in the mix to win things.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Fair play to them.

Ended up with a very good season on paper - a trophy, 3rd, and a domestic cup final where they only lost on penalties to the best side in the country.

You can't argue with the bottom line, especially since Sarri's style was one which was always going to need patience.

Canagel

So after all the feck Sarriball and Sarri out he got 3rd place, EL+LC final. Not bad at all. There's reason I defended him when they hit the rough patch because you could see what style he was trying to implement. He's good coach and should be given more time but it seems he'll be off to Juve.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
So after all the feck Sarriball and Sarri out he got 3rd place, EL+LC final. Not bad at all. There's reason I defended him when they hit the rough patch because you could see what style he was trying to implement. He's good coach and should be given more time but it seems he'll be off to Juve.
It's a good time for him to go. Winning trophies inevitably raises some expectations. The Chelsea lads on here are sound so I think they know it will be 3rd at best next year but they'll probably be some in the fanbase who think they should step up and finish above Liverpool next year.

With no Hazard and transitional squad it will be a tricky year for them. Go to Juve and he can add some league titles to his resume so his coaching career could well look very succesful in five years time.

Paul_Scholes18

Also reaching the League cup final. They've done well in all competitions, except the FA cup when we knocked them out.

With Hazard and Sarri going though, I'm very interested to see how they handle it next season.
Yeah the result have been fairly good overall. I think the 4-0 against Bournemouth and being totally smashed by City in the league turned many against them when the had a poor period.
Although they ended the season well in the end with the europa league win.

In the league though they didn't really play well near the end. Only got that point against us due to a De Gea howler.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah the result have been fairly good overall. I think the 4-0 against Bournemouth and being totally smashed by City in the league turned many against them when the had a poor period.
Although they ended the season well in the end with the europa league win.

In the league though they didn't really play well near the end. Only got that point against us due to a De Gea howler.
Their away form in the league from January 1st was abysmal, won fewer games than Arsenal actually did which is pretty incredible.

Ultimately the standard in last two months from all teams in 3rd-7th was really poor. Next season I'd like to see teams like Everton and Leicester start off the seasons really well. We could have a mini 15/16 on our hands in the top 6 having a refreshed look about it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
After he got 3rd place, and before this game kicked off, was it even the case that Chelsea were looking to get rid? I'd have thought its more Sarri looking to leave for Juventus after the transfer ban.

In any case it would be be silly for Chelsea to lose him at their own discretion. He will be better with more time to work with his squad.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea always seem to pull through shitty looking situations.

Transfer ban looming while looking at 6th- finish third & win the Europa

Crap season where they finish 5th- beat the 2nd place team in the FA Cup final

Finish 10th looking like a laughing stock- win the league the following season

Finish 6th- beat the previous and next seasons winners to win the Champions League

And yet some fans accuse Chelsea players of downing tools and only turning up when they feel like it.
Your stats prove the exact opposite and show they are real fighters.
Indeed, for me, one of my proudest moments as a Chelsea fan was seeing them fight so hard to win their first Euro League trophy after being the first CL winners to get knocked in the group stages the following year. Instead of being embarrassed and sorry for themselves, they rolled up their sleaves and battled on.

galwayfa

If Chelsea get transferred ban, can they sign a manager that's with another club?

Sigma

I'm happy for Sarri after all the shit he's taken this season.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I hate it. No matter how bad of a season Chelsea are having they always seem to leave with a trophy.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Anyone who wants to earn £8 million per year. So pretty much every manager in the world apart from about 6 people.
:lol:, it's a simple game, isn't it? It's the fans that make it rocket science.

Congrats by the way

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
If Chelsea get transferred ban, can they sign a manager that's with another club?
Managers aren't slaves that can be transferred like meat :p

Would be funny though if it worked that way and they had to promote their youth aka be managed by Joe Edwards, U23 coach.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
We'll definitely go through some growing pains without Eden next season but if we can still be granted the stay on our ban I don't think we'll fall off a cliff into midtable like some are predicting. We should find out by the end of the week.

Give Sarri another season and hope like hell we can sign players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
All the talk about he didn't win anything, finally he managed club where there was lot of potential to win trophies and he won. Maybe he has "winning mentality" now.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Very strange season. When you think we got well beaten at the Emirates and scraped a win at home. Never saw us winning 4 1.

Sarri leaving probably, but could barely have acheived more.

Credit to Abramovich, somehow we're always in the mix to win things.
Lethal finishing and jelly baby Arsenal. The game could have gone either way. You deserved it in the end, but if Arsenal had been more clinical or won the penalty early on then things could have been very different.

Congrats though, Sarri went from the banter manager to most improved. Would be madness to replace him, especially with transfer ban. He knows the players, he has turned around the performances, albeit with plenty of inconsistency and has two finals under his belt, winning the most important one.

Surely deserves another year

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
That 3rd place could have been United's.

Sarri still has to justify the meltdowns and conceding so many goals, but the 3rd place + the 4-1 in the EL final is more than enough. He deserves at least another year.

But without Hazard I smell struggle.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I hope they get the transfer ban and Sarri walks out. Seems a nice guy and has been treated like shit.

Kepa can be player manager as he already calls the shots from what I've seen.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
That 3rd place could have b...

But without Hazard I smell struggle.
Well of course, without Hazard we would not have made top6 this season. There are huge question marks about Chelsea next season. Even if we can buy players in the summer, we could finish next season in 8th place or so.

Allthemore reason ti be happy with this season...:):drool::D

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So Chelsea fans, what's happened to the likes of Musonda, Mount etc?

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I'm glad the 'never won a trophy' argument has been well and truly put to rest. Now for Poch.
Meh, I'd say reaching the CL final is a greater accomplishment than winning the EL. So just because one is rewarded with a trophy doesn't mean much one way or another for me.

edit: I'm happy we don't have to listen to those arguments though, he is clearly a great manager.

Mcking

Meh, I'd say reaching the CL final is a greater accomplishment than winning the EL. So just because one is rewarded with a trophy doesn't mean much one way or another for me.

edit: I'm happy we don't have to listen to those arguments though, he is clearly a great manager.
It wouldn't be too bad though if Poch lifts a trophy soon, so we can hear the end of that stupid argument.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
So Chelsea fans, what's happened to the likes of Musonda, Mount etc?
Musonda has been out injured for the past year and is only recently back in training. He'll leave or go on loan again. He posted this a few weeks ago...
"After more than a year out, there’s nothing like the sound of training, getting fit, and the anticipation that comes with making a comeback"

Mount had a really good loan spell at Derby county. He'll get a loan to a prem side or maybe even be part of the Chelsea squad (transfer ban depending).