Chelsea 2021/22 - World and European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Broja, Colwill, Gallagher, Maatsen and Gilmour returning from loan in the summer will be a god send.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Broja, Colwill, Gallagher, Maatsen and Gilmour returning from loan in the summer will be a god send.
For some reason you left out Ampadu and Colwill when we will be desperate for centre backs.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
2 losses in the last 38 games now - 3 if you count the LC final. Currently on a 6 game winning streak, or 11 wins in 12. Pretty decent.

Those pesky draws around December when we had the injury pile up and covid issues really fecked with our momentum.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Aside from being our home for 117 years, one of the reasons Stamford Bridge remains so special to the fans is things like this and why relocating elsewhere will always be a non-starter for a lot of people.

Peter Bonettii's ashes were laid to final rest behind the goal in the shed end near his friend, former teammate and fellow club legend Peter Osgood whose ashes were laid to rest under the penalty spot in the same end.

Sea-Cow

Do the resident Chelsea fans think any of their players who maybe aren't getting the playing time that they would like are approachable by United this summer?

If he can get over his persistent injury problems I think Pulisic would be a good signing for our right wing, or the right sided attacker in a front 3.

And he has done better recently but maybe Werner would like a change of scenery? I think even Ruben Loftus-Cheek would be an improvement on McFred.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Do the resident Chelsea fans think any of their players who maybe aren't getting the playing time that they would like are approachable by United this summer?

If he can get over his persistent injury problems I think Pulisic would be a good signing for our right wing, or the right sided attacker in a front 3.

And he has done better recently but maybe Werner would like a change of scenery? I think even Ruben Loftus-Cheek would be an improvement on McFred.
Pulisic I could see us letting go - though frankly I think it'd be a mistake for you to sign him as we'd demand a large fee.

Werner seems nailed on to go back to the Bundesliga - all signs point towards Dortmund using a portion of the Haaland fee for him. RLC I don't think will be going anywhere - Tuchel seems to really rate him and given the ages of our other midfielders (and also his positional versatility) he shouldn't lack for minutes.

Sea-Cow

Pulisic I could see us letting go - though frankly I think it'd be a mistake for you to sign him as we'd demand a large fee.

Werner seems nailed on to go back to the Bundesliga - all signs point towards Dortmund using a portion of the Haaland fee for him. RLC I don't think will be going anywhere - Tuchel seems to really rate him and given the ages of our other midfielders (and also his positional versatility) he shouldn't lack for minutes.
Thanks for the response.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We have an in house replacement for Rudiger. No need to dip into the market to pay big money for a CB that likely won't be as good as Rudiger anyway. Colwill is ready. He gives me Reece James vibes, in that it was obvious he was already an outstanding PL level player about 5 minutes into his first Huddersfield game.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
We have an in house replacement for Rudiger. No need to dip into the market to pay big money for a CB that likely won't be as good as Rudiger anyway. Colwill is ready. He gives me Reece James vibes, in that it was obvious he was already an outstanding PL level player about 5 minutes into his first Huddersfield game.

Surely you'd need to sign 1 centre back at least, perhaps Kounde if both Chrtistensen & Rudiger leave?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Surely you'd need to sign 1 centre back at least, perhaps Kounde if both Chrtistensen & Rudiger leave?
Yeah for sure, we need to bring in at least new CB and Kounde would be a great addition. I just don't think it's worth it signing 2 expensive CB's when we already have a gem who's ready to step up in the same way Mount and James did.

I'd also make at least an attempt to get Livramento back and begin to phase out Azpi next season. He could have had over 2000 mins this season with James' injuries and then being required at RCB, and perhaps more considering Azpi is on well over 3000 mins so far.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Absolutely essential to sign a CB. Kounde likely.

We need a squad overhaul really, it needs freshening up. I dont mean in one window

but i could name about 7 players who need to go. Alonso, Azpi sadly, Werner, Lukaku [altho i think he stays], Kepa, Sarr, RLC

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Sorry to say but Colwill will be sold for sure.

You need cash, he will be snapped up by Fulham without doubt if Huddersfield don't go up.
He's a good player buy no where near ready for a first team slot at Chelsea.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

You need cash, he will be snapped up by Fulham without doubt if Huddersfield don't go up.
Im not so sure. I always have scepticism judging a player after a single loan spell but worked for Reece James. And Colwill looks a unit. I hope he stays but as you say, if someone came along and slapped 10-15m down, we'd probably take it

Champ

Im not so sure. I always have scepticism judging a player after a single loan spell but worked for Reece James. And Colwill looks a unit. I hope he stays but as you say, if someone came along and slapped 10-15m down, we'd probably take it
It'd be more like £20m I'd imagine, especially if it's a newly promoted/lower tier premiership club.
He's a good player for sure, but he is playing in a team that's been tearing it up and rarely tested, not sure he's quite ready for Chelsea yet.
He'll be tested a lot more at a higher level.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

That doesn't make any sense. Why does Chelsea need cash? And if Chelsea need money, and the club is losing 2 CB's for free, why would they sanction the sale of one of the most promising CB's to come through in years?

I disagree about his readiness. Guehi turned out to be ready. James turned out to be ready. Colwill is a gem and needs to be in our team next season.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

1.He signed a 4 year contract in June.
2.You could be right, he might not be ready for Chelsea but no one expected Chalobah to fit into the team this season.
3.With have squad places opening up.
4.We need the cash right now but once a sale goes through it seems unlikely (at this time) so we should be fine in the summer
5.We don’t need to sell anyone.

Flexdegea

Good to see Chelsea men in strong denial about there they going to be soon

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
We will be fine. Chelsea has made it through much worse situations than billionaires competing to buy the team.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
We will be fine. Chelsea has made it through much worse situations than billionaires competing to buy the team.
Yeah, I'm not sure if it's just banter but I don't get why people think Chelsea are going to struggle mid term. It's not like they are struggling to attract buyers. It's almost an auction but it doesn't have to be who pays more that wins, the plan for the club will come into account more.

If anything they might spend a bit more short term as the new owners look to make a positive impression to fans.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Good to see Chelsea men in strong denial about there they going to be soon
Can't believe the 21st century Nostradamus turned out to be a newbie on redcafe who signed up in 2013.

Champ

That doesn't make any sense. Why does Chelsea need cash? And if Chelsea need money, and the club is losing 2 CB's for free, why would they sanction the sale of one of the most promising CB's to come through in years?

I disagree about his readiness. Guehi turned out to be ready. James turned out to be ready. Colwill is a gem and needs to be in our team next season.
You could well be right of course, but you need cash in regards to buying players.
There's every chance Tuchel wants a ready made CB to go alongside Silva, and in order to buy right now you will definitely need to sell.
The sale of the club makes no difference, your balance right now isn't great and you have no spare cash, hence the necessity to sell first, even if a sale goes through.

They'll be plenty of teams after Colwill, so his price will be of a decent nature, I guess it will be a decision of take a risk that he's ready and use him next season, or sell him for £20m or so and use the cash towards a ready made CB.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The new owners aren't going to come in and immediately sell Colwill for just £20 mil. There's more chance they sell Mount or James.

Not only from a footballing point of view but the PR would be so bad, it's impossible to imagine they'd be so dumb.

Champ

The new owners aren't going to come in and immediately sell Colwill for just £20 mil. There's more chance they sell Mount or James.

Not only from a footballing point of view but the PR would be so bad, it's impossible to imagine they'd be so dumb.
They'd be more dumb to sell James or Mount to be honest!
I get your point, but from a business perspective it makes sense, selling a young player for a fair bit of cash and perhaps putting a buy back clause in there.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You could well be right of course, but you need cash in regards to buying players.
There's every chance Tuchel wants a ready made CB to go alongside Silva, and in order to buy right now you will definitely need to sell.
The sale of the club makes no difference, your balance right now isn't great and you have no spare cash, hence the necessity to sell first, even if a sale goes through.

They'll be plenty of teams after Colwill, so his price will be of a decent nature, I guess it will be a decision of take a risk that he's ready and use him next season, or sell him for £20m or so and use the cash towards a ready made CB.
Im not quite getting this? Why do they need cash in before they buy players?

Champ

Im not quite getting this? Why do they need cash in before they buy players?
Because they haven't been able to generate cash for the past few months, and prior to that the bank balance wasn't great.
Recently Chelsea have relied on outgoings and loans to generate income, that hasn't been able to happen which means they have been eating In to their cash reserves.
The new owner may be able to plough some cash in, but I doubt enough for player purchases.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Selling him makes no sense. If Chelsea are in dire need of cash, as you say, there are other more established players like Jorginho, Werner etc that could generate far more than Colwill, except the established players won't triple in value in the next couple of years the way Colwill will. There's already huge regret about the way we sold Guehi for the low price you're saying and we're now stuck having lost 2 further CB's for free.

And anyway, you're forecasting a very gloomy future. I'm not sure I agree with that outlook on Chelsea in the short/midterm.

Last edited:

Flexdegea

Can't believe the 21st century Nostradamus turned out to be a newbie on redcafe who signed up in 2013.

I can't get off the newbie status as I don't post too much, but nothing Nostradamus about an owner having to sell who has banked yous to the tun of billion and a half or whatever it was.

Think it's safe to say yous aren't going to get it better again.

It's great to see,

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Nothing to stop the new owners dropping £200m+ on new players, if they want to and have the money. Why would you think otherwise? City are the best example of what can be done, if there's a will.

It remains to be seen who buys us and what their plans are. The other big question is what the sale price will be, in reality, and where the money actually goes...

Champ

Selling him makes no sense. If Chelsea are in dire need of cash, as you say, there are other more established players like Jorginho, Werner etc that could generate far more than Colwill, except the established players won't triple in value in the next couple of years the way Colwill will. There's already huge regret about the way we sold Guehi for the low price you're saying and we're now stuck having lost 2 further CB's for free.

And anyway, you're forecasting a very gloomy future. I'm not sure I agree with that outlook on Chelsea in the short/midterm.
My point being there's not many clubs who would want to splash the cash on Werner, Jorginho types of players right now, also I get the impression that Werner has improved immeasurably in the past few months to warrant Tuchel keeping him on.

It's far less of a risk to sell the younger players to generate cash, what's to say Colwill will end up being an average player? There's no guarantees he'll make it at the highest level.
You could easily sell Gallagher and Colwill for a combined £50m plus and get a ready made CB, or you could sell Werner for £40m, and be light up top again and then need to replace him, and rely on a young inexperienced CB.

Unless the plan is to utilise the loan players who are coming back, in which case it's a massive gamble to then sell the established senior players.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
My point being there's not many clubs who would want to splash the cash on Werner, Jorginho types of players right now, also I get the impression that Werner has improved immeasurably in the past few months to warrant Tuchel keeping him on.

It's far less of a risk to sell the younger players to generate cash, what's to say Colwill will end up being an average player? There's no guarantees he'll make it at the highest level.
You could easily sell Gallagher and Colwill for a combined £50m plus and get a ready made CB, or you could sell Werner for £40m, and be light up top again and then need to replace him, and rely on a young inexperienced CB.

Unless the plan is to utilise the loan players who are coming back, in which case it's a massive gamble to then sell the established senior players.
Well we sold Tomori, Guehi, Tammy, Livramento to fund Lukaku. Working out well so far isn't it? Lukaku is a disaster and we're on the market for new CBs again.

Selling Gallagher and Colwill to fund one CB is literally the height of disastrous squad mismanagement. These players will be incredible players for years to come. I don't agree with that kind of short-sightedness.

Champ

Well we sold Tomori, Guehi, Tammy, Livramento to fund Lukaku. Working out well so far isn't it? Lukaku is a disaster and we're on the market for new CBs again.

Selling Gallagher and Colwill to fund one CB is literally the height of disastrous squad mismanagement. These players will be incredible players for years to come. I don't agree with that kind of short-sightedness.
So you've done it once before (certainly not the first time either), so what makes you think you won't do it again?

There's no guarantees that Gallagher and Colwill will be great players next season or ever, it's a massive risk, and one I'm sure the new owners wouldn't want to take, as I'm sure they'll want a return straight away.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
So you've done it once before (certainly not the first time either), so what makes you think you won't do it again?

There's no guarantees that Gallagher and Colwill will be great players next season or ever, it's a massive risk, and one I'm sure the new owners wouldn't want to take, as I'm sure they'll want a return straight away.
If it is Boehly’s group taking over, he has said that he wants to promote from the academy and supplement with the transfer market. It is an approach that has been very successful with the Dodgers. Bring in players from your system and go get a couple splashy buys.

https://dodgerblue.com/dodgers-prom...ackson-landon-knack-prospects/2021/08/02/amp/

Status
Not open for further replies.