Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Pulisic being asked about the "gun situation in America" in his preseason press conference.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Koundé would be an excellent signing but it’s difficult to get too excited when Barca are throwing their weight around.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Is Kimpembe THAT good? Seems odd PSG are happy to let him go if so.

Id probably agree with @Berbaclass that Ake, Kimpembe and Koulibaly are about equal with Rudiger, Christensen, Azpilicueta.

It doesn’t scream title charge or huge upgrade and I’d still say Rudiger is the best of the lot?
He ain't worth it. Prone to mistakes frequently

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think you should be happy if Barca "steal" Kounde from you. Just like Kimpembe he's massively overrated and not worth the kind of money rumoured.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Is Kimpembe THAT good? Seems odd PSG are happy to let him go if so.

Id probably agree with @Berbaclass that Ake, Kimpembe and Koulibaly are about equal with Rudiger, Christensen, Azpilicueta.

It doesn’t scream title charge or huge upgrade and I’d still say Rudiger is the best of the lot?
Koulibally is better than Rudiger in my opinion. Agree with the rest though

Vapor trail

Koundé would be an excellent signing but it’s difficult to get too excited when Barca are throwing their weight around.
Kounde for me would do better in the league than De Ligt. He's a very underrated defender excellent in possession as well.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
I think you should be happy if Barca "steal" Kounde from you. Just like Kimpembe he's massively overrated and not worth the kind of money rumoured.
He’s one of the best young defenders in Europe. What’s overrated about him?

Absolutely tailor made to slot into a back 3. If he was being brought in to play in a back 4 I’d be more cautious.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He’s one of the best young defenders in Europe. What’s overrated about him?

Absolutely tailor made to slot into a back 3. If he was being brought in to play in a back 4 I’d be more cautious.
I just think he's overdoing the "playing out from the back" thing and goes on very risky runs. His technique and ball control isnt good enough to play that way so often.
Would he be in the middle or the RCB ? With James going up he'd have to control hismelf not to leave a huge gap.
Maybe that's the way Sevilla is set up that allows him to do that and Chelsea will use him differently but i'm suspicious about him.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I just think he's overdoing the "playing out from the back" thing and goes on very risky runs. His technique and ball control isnt good enough to play that way so often.
Would he be in the middle or the RCB ? With James going up he'd have to control hismelf not to leave a huge gap.
Maybe that's the way Sevilla is set up that allows him to do that and Chelsea will use him differently but i'm suspicious about him.
We have specific pattern of play when we attack. Its not always Reece do attack in opposition box. We always maintain our structure unless individual made silly mistake we rarely exposed.

We are compact and despite our deficiency in personal even kid like chalobah able to perform without much experience.

Kounde s ability will improve our defence.If he joins I will be happy. We won't care about money in this window.

We need to set things straight after last season and manager approved transfer window this. If this window worked out well we will set for minimum three years. So have to back manager.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think you're wrong with respect to the risk inherent in his game - it pops up in the data as well (e.g. his dribble success %, dispossessions, etc.)

I guess I just don't think that's enough to call him overrated and I don't think firm conclusions can be drawn as to whether that's an inherent problem with him or a quirk of Sevilla's approach - he's not a perfect player, but he is excellent on the ball and generally pretty good defensively. There's also the added bonus that he's tailor-made to play as a RCB in a back 3 - given how comfortable he is in the right channel and in 1v1s having spent time at both RCB and RB. I would agree though that there are more question marks over him in a potential back 4.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Declan Rice randomly pops up in Chelsea/Dodgers promo videos. I know he and Mount are joined at the hip but him making appearances at official Chelsea promo business is a bit weird :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Declan Rice randomly pops up in Chelsea/Dodgers promo videos. I know he and Mount are joined at the hip but him making appearances at official Chelsea promo business is a bit weird :lol:

It’s odd but I read it was footage from a few weeks ago when he visited with Mount.

Not sure why they’ve included it!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s odd but I read it was footage from a few weeks ago when he visited with Mount.

Not sure why they’ve included it!
It was a few weeks ago, as in Rice wasn’t there with the team during Chelsea’s preseason tour, but I think Mount was still there to shoot official club promo. All a bit funny. His move to Chelsea just feels like the worst kept secret in the world, whenever it happens.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
It was a few weeks ago, as in Rice wasn’t there with the team during Chelsea’s preseason tour, but I think Mount was still there to shoot official club promo. All a bit funny. His move to Chelsea just feels like the worst kept secret in the world, whenever it happens.
It's a terrible secret isnt it haha Rice to Chelsea is inevitable. Next summer or the one after.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If this Kounde deal is as close to being done as reported today, and of course it happens, then our defence has certainly had an upgrade. Ac/Rudi/Silva to Silva Kounde Koulibaly

Wants a couple more in TT said today, not sure Kimpembe is a goer so maybe Kounde and KK will be enough. Focus on other areas then, perhaps RWB

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

Rice is a bona fide Chelsea fan and isn't exactly coy about it; I half suspect he sleeps in Chelsea PJ's in his Chelsea bed set. I am always amazed when people think he may go elsewhere when he leaves West Ham.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
If this Kounde deal is as close to being done as reported today, and of course it happens, then our defence has certainly had an upgrade. Ac/Rudi/Silva to Silva Kounde Koulibaly

Wants a couple more in TT said today, not sure Kimpembe is a goer so maybe Kounde and KK will be enough. Focus on other areas then, perhaps RWB
Barca are like parasites give promises to players they can't deliver and agents just constantly on players ears about this and that. I am not sure we will get kounde as well. We will see.

Seville also tough club to negotiate as our previous board found about them when try to get him last season itself.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

The information from @gerardromero
that Chelsea offers Kounde a millionaire contract of 60 million euros net in 5 years is not true. He prefers to launch this outrage to justify not going to his team that would offer half.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
So it look like you'll finally get Kounde. Kounde - Silva - Koulibaly looking good on paper, with Chalobah and Colwill as options maybe. Will you go for another centre back, I seen links to Gvardiol?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
So it look like you'll finally get Kounde. Kounde - Silva - Koulibaly looking good on paper, with Chalobah and Colwill as options maybe. Will you go for another centre back, I seen links to Gvardiol?
I think we may switch priority to a wing back or forward after Kounde.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
It's been said Tuchel wants three new CBs in this summer but of course it hasn't yet been completely ruled out the last of them could be one of the returned loanees. Levi Colwill and Ethan Ampadu are the candidates from the loan group and Tuchel probably wants to train with them a little bit longer before making the final decision. Out of the loanees Colwill missed some training sessions with a minor injury so I don't think anything's been decided yet.

Ampadu recently said he's willing to do whatever it takes to get a place in the squad so who knows, maybe in the end he could be this year's 'Chalobah' who joins the main squad as a rotation player after impressing Tuchel in pre-season and Colwill will go the route of Marc Guehi and look for a guaranteed key role elsewhere? Colwill is obviously the more talented of the two, just like Guehi was more talented than Chalobah, but Ampadu seems to have impressed Tuchel in training and his attitude seems top notch so he could yet earn himself a surprise spot in the team.

I don't think Gvardiol is going to leave Leipzig this year so if another CB is signed from outside the club's currently contracted players it will probably be Kimpembe.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

The information from @gerardromero
that Chelsea offers Kounde a millionaire contract of 60 million euros net in 5 years is not true. He prefers to launch this outrage to justify not going to his team that would offer half.

It's for their politics.
We have chalobah,ampadu and colwill in back up slots. So may be not.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Barca's 2nd lever comes into effect tomorrow... I'd hold fire on thinking Kounde is almost done..

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Barca's 2nd lever comes into effect tomorrow... I'd hold fire on thinking Kounde is almost done..
Ultimate wumming from Barca. Get Christensen and Azpilicueta from Chelsea AND steal the replacement :lol:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Based on their current transferwindow I don't see them as a title challenger. Sterling seems done as a top player and Koulibaly didn't add additional quality but replaced Rudiger. Rest is meh.

Who is going to be the main goalscorer? Werner? He'd have to stop missing so many chances.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Based on their current transferwindow I don't see them as a title challenger. Sterling seems done as a top player and Koulibaly didn't add additional quality but replaced Rudiger. Rest is meh.

Who is going to be the main goalscorer? Werner? He'd have to stop missing so many chances.
While I agree the title is a long shot we actually have a lot of goals through the team despite the lack of a standout one.

Last season was our third highest goal haul in PL history and only Sarr out of our regular outfielders didn't score at some point.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t think any Chelsea fan is expecting a title challenge.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
God, these levers are annoying. :)

Title challenge is a long shot but who knows who City brings in on top of their business. Haaland could very well miss a good chunk of games and who knows how Liverpool does this season.
Disagree on Sterling being a finished player though and if Koulibaly can somewhat replace Rüdiger and we get at least another one like Koundé in I think we're better off than last season.

Could live with a swap for Ziyech though. Gallagher makes me curious - hope he finds his spot. A good attacking mid - box-to-box player was missing for some time. Wouldn't put it past Boehly to sign Rice last second as well and then we're on another level regarding possible tactical setups.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
God, these levers are annoying. :)

Title challenge is a long shot but who knows who City brings in on top of their business. Haaland could very well miss a good chunk of games and who knows how Liverpool does this season.
Disagree on Sterling being a finished player though and if Koulibaly can somewhat replace Rüdiger and we get at least another one like Koundé in I think we're better off than last season.

Could live with a swap for Ziyech though. Gallagher makes me curious - hope he finds his spot. A good attacking mid - box-to-box player was missing for some time. Wouldn't put it past Boehly to sign Rice last second as well and then we're on another level regarding possible tactical setups.
I have some slight hope with the fact I feel City and Liverpool will need some time adjusting to having out and out 9s in their set up, especially the latter, but I think we will still fall short.

Could be a pretty meh season league wise in terms of tension as I think Tuchel is too good a coach to have us miss out on top 4 which we'll make pretty comfortably.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

People are raving about Spurs signings having them as a potential challenger, but id rather have Kounde or Koulibaly to Lenglet, and I'd rather have Sterling to Richarlison. And I don't think Chelsea will be finished there.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
People are raving about Spurs signings having them as a potential challenger, but id rather have Kounde or Koulibaly to Lenglet, and I'd rather have Sterling to Richarlison. And I don't think Chelsea will be finished there.
For real. People are massively overhyping Spurs. Not a single one of their new signings gets into our starting XI at Chelsea. Conte is a great coach but he isn’t a miracle worker. I still expect them to be Spursy come the business end of the season. Especially with the added CL matches.

I would bet any amount of money that we’ll finish above them again.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
No one should get close to City with their signings, if they add 10-20 goals as a team, they'll smash the league record. 100 points is surely expected there.

Closing the points gap and finishing 2nd or 3rd is the best we can hope for.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
No one should get close to City with their signings, if they add 10-20 goals as a team, they'll smash the league record. 100 points is surely expected there.

Closing the points gap and finishing 2nd or 3rd is the best we can hope for.
Can actually see you guys dropping out of top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.