Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I was shocked to read he scored 92 in 163 for them. That's a fantastic record. Better than 1 in 2 in the league as well. I would have bet it was like 60 in 160.
And that's considering the fact that he was basically awol for the last 6-12 months of the time at Arsenal, he barely scored and he was beefing with Arteta behind the scenes. The first 3-ish years there he was as elite as it gets.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The amount of stale possession they have in games is a concern.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Also a bit Jekyll and Hyde, looked well up for that Spurs game at the bridge, thought they were very good in that match. But then in other games don't look like they give a t*ss.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Prescient so far today...

People can tell me we're better with Sterling than Werner but my eyes tell me we're not.

Chief123

How have Chelsea managed to become more boring than Spurs?

Surely the toothless attacking must be worrying Tuchel. Even if they win this somehow, there’s plenty of issues with their attack.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
6th place after 6 games in the Prem isn't that bad. I know the performances are even more concerning than their position in the league but I don't think he's quite near sacking territory yet.

rajds89

All that money spent just to look this shite. Long may this new era continue.

DavyJones

Supports
Chelsea
Freaking disgraceful stuff really. We play the worst football of the top 10 teams in the league right now. If you can't coach a team to break down a packed bus then what the feck really do you expect to achieve with a team like Chelsea? We are not playing Spurs, City, Liverpool every game. In fact those teams should probably just be defensive and counter when they meet us, will raise their odds of winning to 85% instead trying to outpass and outpossess us. Just park a bus and we fold like toilet paper. Disgraceful.

Shinjch

They play really uninspiring football at the moment. Not sure what changes it either.

TheReligion

Abusive
The club handled this window so so badly. Terribly unbalanced.

Spent a phenomenal amount and by far more than anyone else only to be still turning to Ziyech and Pulisic to try and change a game?

Bought lots of expensive players for the future but neglected everything other than the defence.

Next year they are going to need to replace Kante and Jorginho whilst looking at some more forwards and a number 9. Going to be a tough ask.

Have no idea how this team needs so much investment still!

marktan

Such a poor transfer window, one of the worst I've seen and no surprise they're struggling.

Someone

Something
Feels like Tuchel won't make it this season. They've spent a lot but you don't really feel it.

Djemba-Djemba

They look like they might be on the edge of a manager sacking meltdown. Similar to us at the start of last season.

Played well once all season, defence looks shaky, heavily reliant on defenders for goals which isn't really sustainable.

Chief123

They look like they might be on the edge of a manager sacking meltdown. Similar to us at the start of last season.

Played well once all season, defence looks shaky, heavily reliant on defenders for goals which isn't really sustainable.
What we haven’t seen yet is whether Todd is as trigger happy as Roman. Will have to see whether he stands by him even if they have poor results.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's just bizarre. I love the way they can play out from the back at their best, but even last year it seemed like they'd just run out of ideas going forward if whipping in crosses wasn't working.

You don't really feel threatened by them going forward like you might with City/Liverpool/Arsenal and hell even some smaller clubs like Brighton. And now that the defense has become a bit leaky (although Fofana should help) the team is struggling.

Chelsea when Tuchel first came in seemed like they would basically never concede, score off a corner, and then suffocate you with that 3/5atb to a 1 or 2-0 result.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I don’t think they’ve had as poor a window as everyone is saying, but something is certainly off at Chelsea atm.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That was awful to watch.
Truly dreadful. The funny thing is I thought the Havertz Sterling Auba trio were connecting well together early on. Until they scored. Heads dropped after that.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don’t think they’ve had as poor a window as everyone is saying, but something is certainly off at Chelsea atm.
I think it’s poor because it’s been so unbalanced and overly expensive. I like the players they signed individually, even if Auba is a panic buy, but it seems there’s been very little planning.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I think it’s poor because it’s been so unbalanced and overly expensive. I like the players they signed individually, even if Auba is a panic buy, but it seems there’s been very little planning.
Tbf, that's not surprising considering they changed ownership this summer and the whole football department is now being run by an American who's never been involved in football before.

TheReligion

Abusive
Tbf, that's not surprising considering they changed ownership this summer and the whole football department is now being run by an American who's never been involved in football before.
Sure. I’m well aware. Similar to what’s been going on at United behind the scenes really although Chelsea have had the benefit of Tuchel being at the club longer.

cyberman

Tucel won’t see the World Cup as Chelsea manager imo. Then I can’t see what another manager does with this lack of creativity

lex talionis

The cracks will widen at the bridge. Chelsea might scrape top four in the PL this season but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.