Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think working with Boehly and trying to explain the rules of football repeatedly is taking its toll.

By next season he’ll look like Warnock and have no eyebrows.
:lol:

Wait, I think the opposite to you. I’m saying he looks better with the beard and the neat haircut.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
:lol:

Wait, I think the opposite to you. I’m saying he looks better with the beard and the neat haircut.

He doesn't half, he looks a bit like Eyeball Paul from the Kevin & Perry film in the first picture.

Much beefier now. :D

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I like this Potter idea of scoring more than one goal in a win!

Vapor trail

Was more reminiscent of the Potter football that was on display at Brighton. He seems to be utilising the squad I'm sure the younger players are excited to have an opportunity. Early days but there's good signs they can go in the right direction.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Yes we have been playing so much better but we need to be more clinical. We are so wasteful that it could cost us in the long run.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not surprised he's hit the ground running.
Great to see. Genuinely great to see. Have always liked Potter and have always wanted him to get his chance at a big club. That it’s at my club is just superb.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Still early days but Potter looked good. Very impressed to get the performance from team with seven changes the way he did with formation change as well. Azpilicueta put up his best performance after long long time.

When team was announced i was bit worried. Front three before today scored total of 1 goal this season. Very good result but enough rest given to some key players for important cl game coming up.

Mr. Robot

Potter is a very talented manager and one that I really didn’t want Chelsea to hire. If they give him time then I can see them having a very stable setup for years to come, plus an actual attractive, defined style of play.

I really rate him. I don’t want Chelsea to do well but I like Potter - good luck to him.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Great to see. Genuinely great to see. Have always liked Potter and have always wanted him to get his chance at a big club. That it’s at my club is just superb.
I felt the same way! Especially considering his less than glamorous playing career combined with the unusual route towards top flight management. I think he's definitely earned this opportunity and it's going to be interesting seeing how he does.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Damn..... Vivell and Shields would be a very good appointments for them.
Interesting. I don't really much about these guys, but yeah, interesting. The infrastructure is slowly taking shape.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Shame that Reece is so injury prone, I really like him. He's Chelsea's Joe Gomez. If both players were built of granite England would have had an outstanding defence for years.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Shame that Reece is so injury prone, I really like him. He's Chelsea's Joe Gomez. If both players were built of granite England would have had an outstanding defence for years.
His last 3 seasons for us (not including this one). 37 games, 47 games and 39 games.

Joe Gomez's last 3 are 43, 12, 21.

Not quite the same!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
James’ injury isn’t as bad as initially feared anyway. Sounds like he’ll be out for a week and be back for the United game.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Mount has adapted quickly to Potter. There was quite a lot of players in this Chelsea side I thought Potter would enjoy working with, but Mount was definitely at the top or near enough of that list. As well as being very technically proficient and hard working he's also very good at following instructions and being flexible in general. Very useful to have a player like, especially for someone like Potter.

What's the general season targets from the Chelsea supporters on here?

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Don't think anyone can challenge Man City in the league so for this season a comfortable top4 finish would be a solid enough 'achievement' if you ask me. Improving our consistency in the league should be target number one going forwards.

Aside from that I'd very much like some good cup runs in the FA Cup and the UCL. Like under Tuchel I still think our team is pretty well equipped for the cup competitions and I'd fancy our chances against most teams in a two legged CL tie. With a bit of luck in the draws (mainly avoiding Man City, Bayern) I could see us reaching the semis.

For next season the hope would be that Potter is fully backed and we'd get a little bit closer to City in the league.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Mount has adapted quickly to Potter. There was quite a lot of players in this Chelsea side I thought Potter would enjoy working with, but Mount was definitely at the top or near enough of that list. As well as being very technically proficient and hard working he's also very good at following instructions and being flexible in general. Very useful to have a player like, especially for someone like Potter.

It might not mean that much to others, but I really hope we can take the FA Cup. It has gotten away from us recently when we had really good opportunities to win it. I want that streak to end. I think top 4 is minimum expectation, but it seems impossible to match the depth and quality City have to win the League.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
The target is to finish as close to the top as possible. We can see the flexibility Porter has given us and I’m sure he will keep refining that. I very much enjoy us changing formations throughout 90 mins and I think it’ll give us an edge over more linear teams. For me the key is not to assume anyone has won the league just yet as the World Cup will definitely ruin momentum and form for a few teams.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The target is to finish as close to the top as possible. We can see the flexibility Porter has given us and I’m sure he will keep refining that. I very much enjoy us changing formations throughout 90 mins and I think it’ll give us an edge over more linear teams. For me the key is not to assume anyone has won the league just yet as the World Cup will definitely ruin momentum and form for a few teams.
You're kidding right? That's the month Haaland gets a break!

romufc

If you look at Potter's journey, he has been a success story wherever he has been. Always rated him highly for the work he done at Brighton. I only saw a few weeks ago he took a team to the Europa League and beat Arsenal.

In respects to the WC, City still have the edge as Haaland will get a rest.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
If you look at Potter's journey, he has been a success story wherever he has been. Always rated him highly for the work he done at Brighton. I only saw a few weeks ago he took a team to the Europa League and beat Arsenal.

In respects to the WC, City still have the edge as Haaland will get a rest.
It’s a good point on Haaland. Stranger things have happened though, even if City remain clear favourites. As for Arsenal, still not sure about them. They didn’t really scream Champions when beating an out of sorts Liverpool. Most their points are from teams I expect to be in the bottom half come the end of the season.

romufc

It’s a good point on Haaland. Stranger things have happened though, even if City remain clear favourites. As for Arsenal, still not sure about them. They didn’t really scream Champions when beating an out of sorts Liverpool. Most their points are from teams I expect to be in the bottom half come the end of the season.
Ofcourse, but no team can go into the WC break being too far off city if they want to win the league.

Also on Arsenal, I have said it many times in the past, when a team can field the same 10/11 players week in week out, they will do well.

We have seen this with previous league winners, Chelsea under Conte, Leicester, Liverpool.

Its when you have a bigger squad and injuries, that's when the test will come.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Don't think anyone can challenge Man City in the league so for this season a comfortable top4 finish would be a solid enough 'achievement' if you ask me. Improving our consistency in the league should be target number one going forwards.

Aside from that I'd very much like some good cup runs in the FA Cup and the UCL. Like under Tuchel I still think our team is pretty well equipped for the cup competitions and I'd fancy our chances against most teams in a two legged CL tie. With a bit of luck in the draws (mainly avoiding Man City, Bayern) I could see us reaching the semis.

For next season the hope would be that Potter is fully backed and we'd get a little bit closer to City in the league.
It might not mean that much to others, but I really hope we can take the FA Cup. It has gotten away from us recently when we had really good opportunities to win it. I want that streak to end. I think top 4 is minimum expectation, but it seems impossible to match the depth and quality City have to win the League.
Think those are all reasonable and viable targets. I echo the sentiments about your team and manager having an edge in cup competitions, especially in regards to the flexibility you guys possess. Definitely a useful thing to call upon

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

We will be happy with cl place and deep cl run. Still not sure about Potter especially in cl. So deeper run in cl and good pl finish in top 4 will be great.

Basically don't know what this team s capability. I thought we could fight for title last season but unable to keep the form of early season.

Signed 300 mn worth players then Tuchel was sacked now potter looked like he is settled. May be new manager bounce. We will get tougher challenges but spirit and majo coming back.

Have to wait till world cup window to see where we are before setting targets realistically.So for we are feeling steady with potter in last few matches albeit against relatively easy opponents except Milan.

123PlayCard

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea has not played a top 6 six team yet bar Spurs in early round. Also their toughest CL opponent is a Milan without many first team players.

So hard to know where they are comparing to a in form Arsenal or champion-favorite City

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You're kidding right? That's the month Haaland gets a break!
The funny thing is, for all the records he's breaking City could find themselves 4 points off the top come this weekend!

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea

For me, the season targets are intermingled with the overall project. Ending in the top 4, obviously. But also transforming the team and sending a message to people that Chelsea have a good brand of football.

Goals would include fully integrating all the key people into their positions with the club, clarifying one way or another the contract issues that are hanging out there, having an excellent Winter and Summer, and then being set to truly compete for everything at the start of next year.

When I say top 4 though, I think the goal is to play well enough that people are at least mentioning the team as a challenger should anyone slip up. Getting out of the group stages and through to the quarters or semis at least of CL would be great.

Allowing younger players like Carney to play extensively in the cups, and doing well in those should be a goal.

I would also like like to see Mount continue to shed the paranoia that was drilled into his play. The course he’s been on the last couple of weeks has been promising.

I would like to see Broja bully his way into regular minutes. He doesn’t necessarily have to finish taking those next steps this season, but he should progress far enough that his place in our future plans is solidified.

If we get most of that I’d be pretty happy.

TheReligion

Abusive
Kante out for 3+ months, James possibly the season and then Fofana not back until after the WC.

Big squads needed this season

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Kante out for 3+ months, James possibly the season and then Fofana not back until after the WC.

Kante didn't play for us after spurs, second game of the season. Rlc looked ok in midfield and chukwuemeka also got debut. Kovasic,jorginho ,Loftus-cheek, Zakaria all can play in our midfield.

James was a big loss. Rumour is some youngster from development squad trained with first team as rwb. Azpi and him will provide cover for James. Yes quality wise they are not equal to James but we can manage it i assume. Before world cup we have only two big games. If injury to James long term we will get cover in January window.

Edited:Youngster name is Dion Rankine. Has pace and ability to dribble. Too soon for kid but could be handful if we manage to create space for him run into.

Fofana cover Chalobah did well and didn't lose a game when he started since last season.

Further injury to our defense then we will be in trouble. As of now we can live with it.

Last edited:

Chelsea is MAD

Where did you hear James is possibly out for the season? Can you link it on here? Max out i have seen is 8 weeks at a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.