Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Does he have it in him to be prolific?

His figures are quite underwhelming. Definitely needs games but will he get them with Auba?
Got unlucky with injury during preseason and again got knock after second game. I don't think he is prolific yet but genuinely think tuchel will like him.

He has pace,power,good technique, can shoot with either foot and work rate and always remind me of costa with his style of play like fight for every ball.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

His figures are quite underwhelming. Definitely needs games but will he get them with Auba?
He has all the tools. He was pretty prolific at youth level but hasn’t yet translated that to the pro level.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

Auba is a stop gap for either Broja to progress, or to bring in a better striker. You know how Chelsea is, Broja has a small window to show he can lead the line or he will be loaned or sold.

Broja was on a purple patch last year but his production dried up in the second half of the season for Southampton. He has all the tools to succeed, but it takes that something extra to really lead the line in the PL. Jury is still out. I hope it all comes together for him. Thankfully he didn’t ask for number nine.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
And the good news keep rolling in.

Robbie Boy

In other news; I see you guys sold Gilmour to Brighton. I have to admit, I never really saw the crazy hype Chelsea fans gave him.

However, if he's anywhere near as good as you lot have made out; no better man than Potter to unlock that potential.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Well deserved, obviously! For me, he's streets ahead of TAA. I'm pretty sure AWB is on more than him, which is absolutely ludicrous :lol:
Yeah he’s still on the wages he got when he signed an extension the season he broke through under Lampard, around £60k a week which is crazy low for player of his quality and status within the team. TAA earns about 3 times as much, and yeah even AWB is on more.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
In other news; I see you guys sold Gilmour to Brighton. I have to admit, I never really saw the crazy hype Chelsea fans gave him.

However, if he's anywhere near as good as you lot have made out; no better man than Potter to unlock that potential.
Gilmour lacks physical attributes. He is good technically.Need to strengthen his physical attributes.

Tuchel didn't able to guarantee him play time. Kid wants to play more than anything and chelsea didn't stand in his way.

Will have to wait and see how he develops.

Robbie Boy

Yeah he’s still on the wages he got when he signed an extension the season he broke through under Lampard, around £60k a week which is crazy low for player of his quality and status within the team. TAA earns about 3 times as much, and yeah even AWB is on more.
Madness!! TAA is a total system player, which is why he just can't nail down a spot for England. When Klopp leaves, the next manager may fail to get the best out of him, due to his deficiencies, that Klopp compensates for. When Liverpool are given the freedom of the pitch - like against Bournemouth - TAA is unreal. However, when he's pressed and asked to defend, he's a mess.

James is the epitome of the perfect WB/FB; he's a brilliant defender, and equally adept at going forward. No matter who the manager is, they will always fancy James. That's the big difference for me.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
James signing new deal is the best business they have done in years. Best in the world and could go anywhere he wanted

Robbie Boy

Gilmour lacks physical attributes. He is good technically.Need to strengthen his physical attributes.

Tuchel didn't able to guarantee him play time. Kid wants to play more than anything and chelsea didn't stand in his way.

Will have to wait and see how he develops.
I agree, and it's totally understandable that he wanted to move. I never got the crazy hype; but it's obvious he's a nice technical player, if someone can fit him in.

Brighton was a great choice of clubs. Do you guys have a buy back clause?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Madness!! TAA is a total system player, which is why he just can't nail down a spot for England. When Klopp leaves, the next manager may fail to get the best out of him, due to his deficiencies, that Klopp compensates for. When Liverpool are given the freedom of the pitch - like against Bournemouth - TAA is unreal. However, when he's pressed and asked to defend, he's a mess.

James is the epitome of the perfect WB/FB; he's a brilliant defender, and equally adept at going forward. No matter who the manager is, they will always fancy James. That's the big difference for me.
I really rate TAA to be fair. I think he’s fantastic, but yeah would love to see how he functions outside of the only system he’s ever played in, that said he is brilliant in that system, and I did honestly notice him making strides to improve on his weakness last season but feels like he’s gone a bit backwards again this season.

I obviously agree with your assessment of James. He’s such a godsend, the best RB we’ve had in my lifetime, and we’ve some really great ones (Petrescu, Ivanovic, Azpi etc). He deserves to be one of the highest paid players on the team.

Robbie Boy

I really rate TAA to be fair. I think he’s fantastic, but yeah would love to see how he functions outside of the only system he’s ever played in, that said he is brilliant in that system, and I did honestly notice him making strides to improve on his weakness last season but feels like he’s gone a bit backwards again this season.

I obviously agree with your assessment of James. He’s such a godsend, the best RB we’ve had in my lifetime, and we’ve some really great ones (Petrescu, Ivanovic, Azpi etc). He deserves to be one of the highest paid players on the team.
Oh don't get me wrong; TAA is obviously unreal. As a pure footballer, he's on another level. However, I feel he can often be a weaklink for Liverpool when he's targeted. We got at him, and Elanga managed to skin him a-few times and get him booked, and Elanga is very average.

James, for me anyway, is on a different level. I would absolutely love him at United!

mu4c_20le

Contracts don't mean much these days, he can still go wherever he wants anytime.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Yeeey, top two! Get in! Thank God we are not first, otherwise media would never stop talking about it.
Not just the media. Wonder what the count would be in here of how many posts mentioned Arsenal spent the most in Europe last summer. That amount wouldn't have us top 5 this summer.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Not enough gets made of how far Chelsea are behind City and Liverpool (when they're on peds)

They've scraped through today it seems but only just (saved by VAR). They'll coast along until Tuchel goes and they can new manager bounce their way to a trophy and a good FA cup run facing the likes of Craggy Island and Met Police along the way.

Telsim

Think Chelsea did really well today. Scored two goals and they've definitely addressed their problems in defense, particularly the signing of Andy Madley. MotM performance by him.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
If they can get the refs to remove an opposition goal every game they've got a real chance at 2nd place.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Great game. Never in doubt. Supreme Chelsea again today.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They have nothing. Awful team.

One if the worst refereeing decisions for a long time to gift them 3 points today. Ref should be ashamed, truly shocking.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They have nothing. Awful team.

One if the worst refereeing decisions for a long time to gift them 3 points today. Ref should be ashamed, truly shocking.
He booted him in the chest. It was a great decision. West Ham should think about scoring legitimate goals if they want to win.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Chilwell will surely start now. Kepa will surely get a game. Mendy was awful again and sooo lucky, James too with the back header. What's he doing.

I can see us kicking on after that. Dreadful 70 mins, Broja, Havertz and Auba can give us hope.

Great use of the 5 subs by Tuchel have to say.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Aubameyang absolutely has to work for them otherwise they are fecked.

GlasgowCeltic

James playing the twat with that lash out at Antonio, kid needs to relax and go replace Carvajal

Status
Not open for further replies.