Chelsea vs. Manchester United

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
The offside goal was the only really horrible decision in my eyes and that's the lono's fault rather than the refs.

Torres did get clipped but he was looking for it and that's always a dive for me.

I was pleased at our response to going 2 down though. Oh well, the league cup is the one I really wanted to win anyway.
Fair play.

DevilRed

Great start to the match for us! For the first 25 minutes seemed like we would slaughter a very weak chelski defence. Robin Van Persie was top class with his finishing and some great wing play from Valencia too. Then as expected, we started to lose posession and allowed chelski to get back in the game and they punished us right before the half. Rooney giving away a needless freekick which allowed mata to score an absolute pearler.

I thought we were always going to struggle from there on out as chelski started getting the better of possession and squeezing out our midfield. Carrick was not as his best and clearly was a step slower than the fleetfooted midfielders like mata, hazard etc. Even ramires clearly had him beaten for pace on one or two occassions. Very disappointing in my eyes and maybe a sign that it might be time for him to be replaced soon.

Then came the red card for ivanovich which was fully deserved. Thought the referee got that spot on and Ashley Young made a great run through the middle. Ashley didn't do too much in this match but its understandable since he has just returned from injury and gets thrown into the fire. However, he made a few good runs (the one which got ivanovich sent off being absolutely crucial) and never shirked from his defensive duties.

I thought the torres sending off was very harsh though and the referee should have used some common sense on that occassion. I understand punishing divers, but Evans seemed to have caught a bit of him. Speaking of Jonny, I thought he was very shaky today and the second goal was indirectly his fault for not dealing with the aerial ball which mata then controlled superbly and pretty much bent us out of shape with his cross. I really don't think Jonny is capable of playing for us week in week out and its not coincidence we are conceding so many goals as a result of him playing at centreback.

All in all it was a fantastic result and we were quite lucky to get the third goal as Chicharito seemed a shade offside. Plenty of conspiracy theorists will be crying about the referee today but I'll take the 3 points thankyou very much. Crucial victory for us but once again we showed how vulnerable we are in defence. As good as chelski are, we just can't afford to throw away 2 goal leads in that fashion.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Great start to the match for us! For the first 25 minutes seemed like we would slaughter a very weak chelski defence. Robin Van Persie was top class with his finishing and some great wing play from Valencia too. Then as expected, we started to lose posession and allowed chelski to get back in the game and they punished us right before the half. Rooney giving away a needless freekick which allowed mata to score an absolute pearler.

I thought we were always going to struggle from there on out as chelski started getting the better of possession and squeezing out our midfield. Carrick was not as his best and clearly was a step slower than the fleetfooted midfielders like mata, hazard etc. Even ramires clearly had him beaten for pace on one or two occassions. Very disappointing in my eyes and maybe a sign that it might be time for him to be replaced soon.

Then came the red card for ivanovich which was fully deserved. Thought the referee got that spot on and Ashley Young made a great run through the middle. Ashley didn't do too much in this match but its understandable since he has just returned from injury and gets thrown into the fire. However, he made a few good runs (the one which got ivanovich sent off being absolutely crucial) and never shirked from his defensive duties.

I thought the torres sending off was very harsh though and the referee should have used some common sense on that occassion. I understand punishing divers, but Evans seemed to have caught a bit of him. Speaking of Jonny, I thought he was very shaky today and the second goal was indirectly his fault for not dealing with the aerial ball which mata then controlled superbly and pretty much bent us out of shape with his cross. I really don't think Jonny is capable of playing for us week in week out and its not coincidence we are conceding so many goals as a result of him playing at centreback.

All in all it was a fantastic result and we were quite lucky to get the third goal as Chicharito seemed a shade offside. Plenty of conspiracy theorists will be crying about the referee today but I'll take the 3 points thankyou very much. Crucial victory for us but once again we showed how vulnerable we are in defence. As good as chelski are, we just can't afford to throw away 2 goal leads in that fashion.
I agree.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think that Atkinson's wrong decisions now are even. Horrendous performance by referee in Torres case and in Chicha's goal.

Anyway, a shit performance from us after we scored 2 times. Defense this season is our worst part of the game.

Still, good 3 points but although we win for the first time after a decade in SB, I am far from happy from the performance.

Denis' cuff

I'm glad we won but our midfield was exposed and we would never have won without the sendings off imo.
Young would probably have scored to make it 2-3 had Ivan not brought him down

the defence issue was self inflicted due to the way we sat back and gave them possession. When the feck is Fergie going to stop them sitting back and surrendering possession? It has cost us umpteen times in the past couple of years and we still do it. We are not competing in mf yet hilariously won at Liverpool and here with similarly crap performances.