Wembley

Kick-off
Sat, 19 May 2018 @ 5:15pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Surely mentally Chelsea won't be in a good place, manager likely leaving, no CL, and alot of players eyeing up moves, you could argue that gives them nothing to lose, but not sure they'll be up for it as much as us, would love to win this cup again.

Form goes out of the window in these games. Chelsea will up for it and it's gonna be a tough game.

I'm always dodgy when playing Chelsea but I think this will be an easy game. 2-1 or 3-1 win without looking like losing. This trophy is much bigger to us than Chelsea, we need a win to keep any hope alive in our squad of competing next season. We need that winning mentality.

Bring it on :devil:

Ill go 1-1 with us winning on pens. I think we need Chelsea to score first so we carry the game to them and have an half decent (by the 2 teams standards) game. If we scored first Mourinho would park the bus all 2nd half.

Going to be very tough, but Mourinho is one hell of a final manager. He's probably been thinking about this match for a couple of weeks already.

De Gea has to start, fecking criminal if he doesn’t.

We must start this game on front foot. Put Chelsea under pressure from minute 1 and we could actually finish this game in first half but knowing jose , he will make it a cagey affair , giving Chelsea players some confidence. I still think our players will be up for it more and we would get it done. But again it's a final , form goes out of window.

Mourinho won't want to lose a final to fecking Chelsea. We'll scab a 1-0 win, followed by posts of "I'm glad we won but our playstyle is horrific. Another day we'd have lost."

I'm not sure whats going to happen in this game. It won't be easy for Utd at all, Chelsea will be up for this and always do well against us. On paper and based on this season we should win, but you get that horrible feeling Chelsea will spoil the day. Lets hope not.

Surely mentally Chelsea won't be in a good place, manager likely leaving, no CL, and alot of players eyeing up moves, you could argue that gives them nothing to lose, but not sure they'll be up for it as much as us, would love to win this cup again.

Their fans were not very optimistic yesterday on twitter. I scrolled through some threads and it was doom and gloom. ‘Manager is awful, need to get rid of the deadwood, need 4 or 5 new players in, will lose the FA cup final etc’. Let’s hope they’re right.

Good chance I won't see a lot of this game as it's slap bang in the middle of my stag weekend in Portugal! Hopefully I'll be able to make out what's going on with the blurry shapes enough to have some idea of the scoreline! Come on United! Need to win this to be able to call it a half decent season!

I'm expecting a Chelsea victory, with their star players turning up. Can't see us scoring more than one goal either. So I'm gong 2-1 Chelsea and the cunte Conte going nuts at full time, with Jose having to be held back.

Hope I am wrong of course, and being me there's a great chance!

Not finishing in top 4 could have a detrimental effect on Chelsea especially with the loss to newcastle. Fingers crossed, Conte doesn't leave on a high.

We haven't been exactly free scoring in recent games. I just have the feeling we won't score

I think that has something to do with the fact the league is over and we’ve been pretty much confirmed 2nd for sometime now. Im guessing both players and management were just looking to the final and nothing else.

I’d say the last game we actually played well in was a game that also meant more than a league game, the semi v Spurs.

We haven't been exactly free scoring in recent games. I just have the feeling we won't score

I think that was due to nothing left to play for in the recent matches. Whatever Jose parades around, I think most know who will and won't start the final barring injuries. I agree somewhat though, all your goals have not been about domination but being more clinical.

I think that has something to do with the fact the league is over and we’ve been pretty much confirmed 2nd for sometime now. Im guessing both players and management were just looking to the final and nothing else.

I’d say the last game we actually played well in was a game that also meant more than a league game, the semi v Spurs.

Goosebumps. We posted that almost at the same time, didn't we?

Gutted I can't watch this live. We're having my mother's life celebration party so I'll be entertaining about 80 guests and not one of them watches football. :(
    What's a life celebration party?

Is there really no one better than Michael Oliver to referee the game? At least VAR might negate some of his worse decisions...

My biggest concern is Jones - Smalling pairing up. Should be a back three or Bailly included
    I'd go Bailly and Jones or Bailly and Lindelof (yes, Lindo instead of Smalling. In fact, a goldfish rather than Smalling)

I'm expecting a Chelsea victory, with their star players turning up. Can't see us scoring more than one goal either. So I'm gong 2-1 Chelsea and the cunte Conte going nuts at full time, with Jose having to be held back.

Hope I am wrong of course, and being me there's a great chance!
    with Hazard suddenly returning to being a genius... :(

Their fans were not very optimistic yesterday on twitter. I scrolled through some threads and it was doom and gloom. ‘Manager is awful, need to get rid of the deadwood, need 4 or 5 new players in, will lose the FA cup final etc’. Let’s hope they’re right.

Are you sure they weren't United threads you were browsing?? We ain't any better to be fair.

Conte has got to be thinking about his own résumé now though surely? Not what he owes players he won't be managing next season

Win or lose Conte is likely off so I doubt he cares tbh.

He's been willing the board to sack him for months

Chelsea are the sort who can be abysmal one week and turn it on the next. They have a tendency to choose when to play well or not.

It will be a tough game despite Chelsea's poor form.

Jose will set up not to lose (shock) defend like we are Stoke playing Barcelona (shock) and the game will be a complete dud with two poor teams out of form cancelling each other out with no attacking threat whatsoever (unless Hazard decides to have a good game)

With Chelsea low on confidence - we should start with a high tempo and attack and kill them off early. But with Jose in charge and based on how we've played under him since he took the managers job, I highly doubt we'll see anything like that

Going to be tough. Need a bit of luck to go our way. Will be a cagey match I think.

I'm a little tensed about this game. We are definitely favourites but not by much. We need to be on the front foot and take the initiative instead of sitting back like we usually do.

What's a life celebration party?
    Sort of like a wake. My mother was cremated when she passed back in January. She didn't want a conventional wake/viewing so we opted to have a life celebration party at my house in May.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 367 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw