g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Chevrolet Logo Discussion (Manchester United Kits 2015/16)

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
The black and red third strip doing the rounds again. Please be this one..

Raptori

Special needs

You can tell that's a photoshop because the chevy logo looks fiery orange instead of golden yellow. Sucks, cause it looks a hell of a lot nicer in red. :(

diarm

If they were producing this as the 3rd kit, I don't think they would have launched this as a training kit:

Spoony

The People's President
just reading the article and the designer says it was indeed based on the 1982 shirt for the vintage vibe, paying attention to getting the right 'red' associated with the past. Also a subtle reference to the 92 away shirt on there somewhere. Cant wait to see it at old Trafford next Saturday, bring it on!
just reading the article and the designer says it was indeed based on the 1982 shirt for the vintage vibe, paying attention to getting the right 'red' associated with the past. Also a subtle reference to the 92 away shirt on there somewhere. Cant wait to see it at old Trafford next Saturday, bring it on!

The plain look, colour and arm bands(?) are similar to 82 but the neck line is like the 83 design.

saivet

My sister works for United. Only now she tells me that she saw the kit a few months ago but she decided to keep it quiet and not take any pics. I was nearly ITK

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's on that funny flap at the bottom of the shirt, they've gone for the adidas leaf print slightly on the bottom.

Zen

What's with the shocking price? admittedly I haven't bought a kit in 6-7 years, but these have gone up more in price than train tickets.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Just got the new kit with Carrick on the back. Will get the away with Schweinsteiger when they release it.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Last year when visiting the MegaStore I noticed the superior quality of the kids kit in comparison to the SportsDirect version my little brother had on at the time.

Even the quality of the prints on the back were better.

I presume this is why they have always been priced higher.

Shiva87

I'm not sure these days whose name I would get on the back of our shirt. About 3 seasons ago there were probably about 10 players I felt a strong affinity to :(
So true! I guess our options are:

1. Carrick (understated, long serving, and great player)
2. Depay (Young, exiting, and hopefully here for the long term. No dreams of Madrid yet.)
3. Shaw (same reasons as Depay + English - Madrid is less likely)
4. Hererra (just because I really like him).

Raptori

Special needs
So true! I guess our options are:

1. Carrick (understated, long serving, and great player)
2. Depay (Young, exiting, and hopefully here for the long term. No dreams of Madrid yet.)
3. Shaw (same reasons as Depay + English - Madrid is less likely)
4. Hererra (just because I really like him).
If he just had "Herrera" on his back I'd get that, but it looks shit with his full name there. I'll probably get Mata.

Last edited:

Jerch

I will go with Rooney or maybe Schweinsteiger. Great kit and, i prefer Adidas to Nike. Can't wait to get Adidas hat to.

Raptori

Special needs
Only reason why he is at 4 on my list! Hoping the font on the new kits makes it look better!
Yeah true, in that (fecking awful) video it looked like it might fit in a straight line across the top, which would be miles better. It's the curve that makes it look shite I think.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If he just had "Hererra" on his back I'd get that, but it looks shit with his full name there. I'll probably get Mata.
It seems to look better with the lettering straight across. The way he had last season made it look like his name was disappearing under his armpits. I bought a full kit for the little lad yesterday. The top is a couple of sizes older (he is 8), it is not overbig on him at all. If I had bought the correct size it might have actually been too small. When I went in the afternoon to D W Sports there were hardly any shirts left.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Home kit is much better than I expected, can't wait to see more pics of players wearing them. Is there anything else than official ManUtd site?

Raptori

Special needs
It seems to look better with the lettering straight across. The way he had last season made it look like his name was disappearing under his armpits. I bought a full kit for the little lad yesterday. The top is a couple of sizes older (he is 8), it is not overbig on him at all. If I had bought the correct size it might have actually been too small. When I went in the afternoon to D W Sports there were hardly any shirts left.
Haven't seen the new lettering other than the tiny glimpses in that video, so that's good to know! :)

I like the video.
Loads of people seem to. I think it's hilariously bad. :lol:

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Never bothered with having any names on the back until we signed Jones, then I did but that's because it's my surname not that he's my favorite player!! ;)

RUUD_10_LEGEND

Edit: I've had a proper look at this and it seems you can only use one of the below methods at a time

A little tip for anyone wanting to save money on the shirt:

1) Go to kitbag.com and at the bottom, sign up to their mail list, and you'll get 10% off your first order.
2) Buy a pack of Kitbag promo Carling Beer (tastes like piss I know...but it's beer I guess) for <£10 and you'll get a code to save £10 off a football shirt.

Use the two methods above and you should get it down a bit, even if you have spent a bit on beer, but probably worth it overall. (I haven't actually tried using both codes just yet because I'm waiting for the squad numbers to order Schweinsteiger.)

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
So apparently people are outraged at the plunging neckline of the womens version of the kot, claiming its sexist..I've not seen it so couldnt possibly comment on it. Hopefully our resident hotties ( that means you red_devil, quack.quack, and melvyn) will be along shortly modelling said shirt so I too can be outraged.

Sheldon69

If they were producing this as the 3rd kit, I don't think they would have launched this as a training kit:

Good thinking batman !
I would say it will be black with white stripes . A blue 3rd kit would look too similar to Chelsea's home

Spoony

The People's President
I hope we're keeping the home for two seasons. Anyway, I'm not a fan of Bayern's kit, it looks like some casual adidas t shirts I had in the 80s - plain crew neck and three stripes.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Last year when visiting the MegaStore I noticed the superior quality of the kids kit in comparison to the SportsDirect version my little brother had on at the time.

Even the quality of the prints on the back were better.

I presume this is why they have always been priced higher.
They're the exact same shirts, unless you were looking at the match spec ones!

Also, that Schweini shirt next to Valencia and Herrer's looks fake for some reason... it looks lower down than the other two and more curved than the print on his shirt this year (on the tour).

Andy_Cole

They're the exact same shirts, unless you were looking at the match spec ones!

Also, that Schweini shirt next to Valencia and Herrer's looks fake for some reason... it looks lower down than the other two and more curved than the print on his shirt this year (on the tour).
Actually about sports direct. They do apparently buy fakes. I know this because I know some fake dealers. Not necessarily football shirts but brands like Bench and Firetrap. Apparently Bench/ Firetrap don't mind because its publicising their brand or something.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Actually about sports direct. They do apparently buy fakes. I know this because I know some fake dealers. Not necessarily football shirts but brands like Bench and Firetrap. Apparently Bench/ Firetrap don't mind because its publicising their brand or something.
Yeah but who buys everyday clothes from sports direct? Their sports lines such as boots, kits and equipment are the same as you'd find in any Nike/Adidas/megastore shops.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
On some of the vids the font looks great but then I see pictures of people's purchased ones and it's the shitty spaced out one again.