Chicago Mayhem

AlPistacho

Feel bad for the law abiding people of Chicago. The frightening thing about this is I can see it happening in major U.K. cities (minus the guns). We regularly see havoc around shopping malls, or a recent trend in Central London has been teens raiding shops etc. It’s obviously never been anything close to what’s going on in Chicago, but the potential is there.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
New mayor: "Our city must work together to create spaces for youth to gather safely and responsibly, under adult guidance and supervision." :lol:

Have these people ever been teenagers?

Anyway, Teen Age Riot is a great song.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Feel bad for the law abiding people of Chicago. The frightening thing about this is I can see it happening in major U.K. cities (minus the guns). We regularly see havoc around shopping malls, or a recent trend in Central London has been teens raiding shops etc. It’s obviously never been anything close to what’s going on in Chicago, but the potential is there.
It already happened once in London, bed store set on fire, looting, etc. The punishment was severe and swift. Most people with criminal records now regretting stealing one half of a pair of shoes from JD.

The one thing with the UK is there are hardly any laws preventing setting up CCTV anywhere and everywhere. I know in America there is a lot of legislation against it. Bag and tag in the UK. :)

Keep doing it and Cruella will find out your origins and deport you to that country, via holding area in Rwanda.

AlPistacho

It already happened once in London, bed store set on fire, looting, etc. The punishment was severe and swift. Most people with criminal records now regretting stealing one half of a pair of shoes from JD.

The one thing with the UK is there are hardly any laws preventing setting up CCTV anywhere and everywhere. I know in America there is a lot of legislation against it. Bag and tag in the UK. :)

Keep doing it and Cruella will find out your origins and deport you to that country, via holding area in Rwanda.
I agree the punishments following the 2012 riots were swift and meaningful. But I like now, in the past 8-9 months a lot of the riot type behaviour but in isolation has been ignored by the police. This might give those doing it the “balls” to do it but in larger numbers.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I spent a few weeks reading a subreddit called Chiraqology and it is terrifying. Young kids not afraid to identifiy themselves, counting kills, etc, many murders on video. After a few days I could recognize some gang members by name, all extremely young. I remember reading about a 17 year old girl whom when murdered already had something like 8 or 9 kills to her name. The whole thing made The Wire characters look like boy-scouts.

Social media must be partly to blame for this. I'm not a fan of hip-hop so wouldn't like to go into it and it's social implications but that Drill thing also seems to suround the whole thing.

Last edited:

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I spent a few weeks reading a subreddit called Chiraqology and it is terrifying. Young kids not afraid to identifiy themselves, counting kills, etc, many murders on video. After a few days I could recognize some gang members by name, all extremely young. I remember reading about a 17 year old girl whom when murdered already had something like 8 or 9 kills to her name. The whole thing made The Wire characters look like boy-scouts.

Social media must be partly to blame for this. I'm not a fan of hip-hop so wouldn't like to go into it and it's social implications but that Drill thing also seems to suround the whole thing.
The UK employs rap translators in criminal trials to show juries that the lyrics of those pesky drill musicians actually mean they should be imprisoned.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Yeah there's one for Toronto as well. Shocking reading in those subs.

AlPistacho

Could be that the ‘gangster’ (or whatever you want to call it) life is about money & violence. The latter usually comes after the former. But when people are chasing that image whether it be because of music or peers etc then it’s easier to just go to the violence part.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

As in Jacques?