Chicharito Loan Watch | Real Madrid

Deleted member 78215

We're not going to get anymore than £15-20m for a 26-year old who scored 4 goals in the Premier League last season. The only time you would is if the player has been considerably world class before, which Hernandez hasn't been, despite being a very good striker. We'd be laughed off by most clubs if we demanded £20m for him.

:nervous: Di Maria...

botond

the question is as someone who wants more game time why madrid ?

Red_Aaron

its a great move for him and i really hope he does well but you do wonder if anyone at madrid has even watched him these past 2 years as he's been absolutely awful for the most part. i generally don't buy the whole 'marketing reasons' that some fans bang-on about during transfers but I do have to wonder on this one
still, thats all irrelevant really, he was great in the first 12-18mths for us and he seems an absolutely top bloke so i wish him all the best

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Heard people talking about a £1.5m fee on top of wages. Has that been metioned anywhere reliable?

Hed Zitin

Nice lad, good luck to him. With the service he'll get he'll score loads.

Real will enjoy the shirt sales, which I can't help but feel this is what it's all about for them.

Esquire

Have a good year No. 14. Hope you improve tremendously at RM and come back a more complete striker. We could use you at your best!

Get In Scholesy

Why can't we just sell them outright? What's with all these loan deals. By the end of the season we will have all of them coming back like Ando again.
It might be strategic by the club. We sign Falcao on a loan deal with an option to buy. If in that year he does not impress or he has injury troubles then we can elect not to sign him come the seasons end, which will allow us to hold on to Chicharito for season. I think these two loan deals are definitely connected, if they both work out then Falcao will be a permanent United player and Chicharito will be gone, but as of now I think the club is gauging how things will go over the course of the season before making permanent deals for both players.

Thus proving Falcao is definitely not a panic buy nor a luxury signing.

TheReligion

Abusive
I find it fitting that as I created the initial thread on Hernandez I say this:

Thanks for the memories, all the best in Madrid, you will always be loved and welcomed back here at Old Trafford!

one340

It's sad that my Compatriot and the first of our nation played to for the club that I support has to leave. Hopefully he shines at RM and returns to his best here

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He really should of learned to play football at some point during his career.

His first touch, control, passing and virtually everything else outside of beating the offside trap (or not at all in the last two seasons) and being able to improvise a finish are crap.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Why can't we just sell them outright? What's with all these loan deals. By the end of the season we will have all of them coming back like Ando again.
Hopefully a case of wanting them for when we are back in the CL. This way he gets playing time and such and when we need a bigger squad we have the players all coming back to fill it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I told you already to ask everyone else about that 16 million. And I'm sure they will disagree with you. Discussing with you about Hernandez won't end. Too biased.
Clearly hernandez is 4th. Welbeck came from injury and LVG picked him as our third choice striker. The same thing during Moyes. Even during Fergie era in 2012/2013 Welbeck is being rotated with Rooney.
Ok then. I'll just go ahead and PM everyone else :wenger:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Strikes me as a poor career move. Still, it's Madrid.
How can a Latin player moving to Real Madrid be a bad career move?! It's a dream muppet scenario for Hernandez. Personally delighted for him.

Benzema has some interesting competition for places!

How can a Latin player moving to Real Madrid be a bad career move?! It's a dream muppet scenario for Hernandez. Personally delighted for him.

Benzema has some interesting competition for places!
Exactly and that's the thing for Hernandez. There's only really Benzema in front of him, and Benzema has games where he couldn't hit a barn door. At United there was always gonna be at least two big name players ahead of him. With the games Real play in a season, even just for rotational purposes, Chico is bound to get more playing time.

Ixion

Surprised he wants to go somewhere to sit on the bench at this stage in his career.

bishblaize

Sad that it didnt work out for Hernandez. Very likeable guy, and we owe him being the difference in the 10-11 season.

But for various reasons he'd gone off the boil in the last two years. Hopefully this'll be the change he needs to get his mojo back.

First question was probably "How come you always scored against me when I was Chelsea manager?"

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pleased for him. If he left for us the only other club that isn't backwards is Madrid.

Moonred

Good luck to the boy, very likable character. At the end of the day he can be proud of what he has achieved already playing for two of the biggest clubs in the world.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I think he'll score plenty, but I wonder if that'll be enough. I can imagine Perez will be in the market for a marquee striker next summer.

Shame it didn't work out for him here. I strongly believe that, had we built a team with him as the starting striker, we would have been stronger than we were last season, but poachers are a dying breed in football because managers want their strikers to do everything.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Will be weird seeing him in Madrid. I could hardly look whenever he scored for Real on my manager save. Not sure why anyone would question he decision to go there, its Real Madrid.