Chicharito Loan Watch | Real Madrid

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mexico's national team manager Miguel Herrera believes striker Javier Hernandez should leave Manchester United this summer.

The 25-year-old was limited to just six starts in the last Premier League campaign, and has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford - with Inter Milan reportedly interested.

Hernandez contributed nine goals in a largely disappointing season for the Red Devils and faces another season under a new manager following the appointment of Louis Van Gaal.

Herrera, who has included the former Guadalajara striker in his 23-man squad for the World Cup, believes Hernandez should consider leaving United.

"In the case of 'Chicharito', I believe it'd be in his interest to leave so he is taken into consideration to play," he said.

The striker told 'Record' that he is focusing on Mexico's World Cup campaign for now, and will consider his options after the tournament.

"There is obviously uncertainty [regarding my future], but right now I am fully focused on the national team," he said.

"My agent and my staff help me work it all out.

"My future could be decided tomorrow, a little after or within three months. (I could) stay there (in Manchester), I really don't know."
Sky Sports

Brightonian

I'd hate to lose him, but at the same time having Wilson ready to step in as a perfect like-for-like replacement would be a pleasant compensation. And part of me does feel like it's a waste that Hernandez isn't bashing in goals every week somewhere.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a good option to have off the bench but he's nowhere near good enough to be starting for us. If he's looking for first team football elsewhere then fair enough.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
The thing with Hernandez is that he is one of the players that we have that could attract a decent enough fee. If there is a bid, it will and should be considered.

Jaxa

I love our Chico, i really do but I feel it's best for him to leave preferably to a team like Atletico and he can get more playing time, there's no way he will get in front of a fit Rvp or Rooney and then we have Welbeck and possibly Wilson, he is a great play maker and has a great impact of the bench but has quite a poor record when starting, never seems to lift our team like Robin does,

Fingers crossed he has a good world cup and it boosts his value a little.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I really like Hernandez. I have a soft spot for any player who genuinely loves playing football, and in particular for us. He's such a likeable guy too. But that said, is he good enough to be our regular first choice striker? Potentially not. Not everyone likes sitting on the bench and being a backup. As much as I'd hate to see him go, he deserves to play week in week out and I won't begrudge him for that.

Anduin

He'll probably score 25 goals per season for a decent La Liga team (Atletico? Though they are obviously more than just decent, Valencia, Sevilla et al.), but I don't think we would regret letting him go. Our riches upfront are ridiculous, and Wilson looks ready to break through. Great servant to the club, he really seems to love United and has kept quiet most of the time despite being benched a lot, but maybe the time has arrived to part ways.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I really like Hernandez, but he needs to leave foe his own good. He should go to a team like Valencia.

Bojan11

Valencia would be the perfect club. They apparently have money to spend.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Atletico does seem to be the obvious option when Costa goes to Chelsea.

He was a good man for the club but he should leave us for the sake of his career.

NMF

Spain will be the obvious choice, my guess would be either Atletico or Valencia. Hopefully we can get around 15-18 Million for him.

steeeb

He's very likable.

I'd love to see him involved more, but with RvP and Rooney - it just isn't really going to happen without them being rotated, which hasn't been the case.

Being so likable I'd like to see him getting first team football elsewhere than being here and not really contributing.

We should loan him out for a couple of years to regain some form and then see where we are then with RvP then being 32.

Shark

@NotShark
If he has a good World Cup, I'd say we could fetch around 20m for him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Atletico does seem to be the obvious option when Costa goes to Chelsea.

He was a good man for the club but he should leave us for the sake of his career.
Great shout. They have the tendency to get the best out of their forwards (Torres, Aguero, Falcao, Costa) and he'd suit their style.

Raw

I do feel bad for him, he's very talented and he's never ever getting a good run of games because of Rooney and RVP. If he goes, thanks for the wonderful last minute goals and that fantastic debut season!

steeeb

Spain will be the obvious choice, my guess would be either Atletico or Valencia. Hopefully we can get around 15-18 Million for him.
I doubt we would, actually. To me he is worth that or more, but we always sell these kind of players for peanuts.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I have no issue with him leaving, shame however with Wilson coming through the ranks I'm not fussed, plus I think Wellbeck is good enough to be the 3rd man.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If he has a good world cup, I'd say we could fetch around 20m for him.
Perhaps. I'd expect a few in the region of £12m - £15m though.

I remember when someone absolutely ridiculed me for saying he was definitely not worth more than £25m about two years ago. Apparently he was a £30m+ striker back then.

I love Bruno and don't want him to leave but it'd be the best for his career. He cannot be a supersub for much longer.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Too good to be 4th choice but not good enought to be a starter for us. We should let him go to a team where he's starting all games while we promote a youngster

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I really hope he goes abroad. I'd hate to see him prosper for another Premier League club. I think he really could do so if he played every week.

As someone has said, he'd be a great fit for Atletico. He works hard off the ball, and he's good on the counter. His link up play has massively improved in the past year or two as well. I'd like to see him go there if he has to go anywhere. With RVP injured so much, and Rooney having alot of poor games, Hernandez really should have played more last season.

Bojan11

He should fetch £20m without having a good World Cup due to marketing.

ricky-romeo

we all love him but he is unlikely to get much time on the pitch. van gaal would probably favours a 4-3-3 formation with one CF and given the options we got it is likely to be RVP as first choice and when he is not fit/rested rooney is likely to step up to be the number 9. plus we got wilson coming through as well and looks pretty good.

if van gaal adds another attacker to the team, more likely to be wing forward rather than a centre forward, but it will still decreases hernandez's chance of playing time i can see him moving to spain perhaps. valencia or even atletico madrid could be perfect for him. reckon he can get himself 20 league goals a season at least by playing regular there. maybe an exchange with koke? would be extremely sad seeing hernandez off but could be the best for the club and hernandez himself.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
With no Europe next season players like Hernandez will most likely get less games, so it would make sense for him to leave.

bishblaize

I love the guy, but through all his time with us he's never really show signs of being anything more than an outstanding penalty box predator. Strikers at United tend to need a lot more than just that to be first teamers. I would love to keep him on the bench where he would be a fantastic weapon to use at the right time, but I can hardly blame him for wanting more games since he would be a first teamer at 90% of the teams in Europe.

Amir

He'll never be a regular starter for us, but it doesn't mean he can't be an important player and still play quite a lot. It depends on what Van Gaal things and tells him.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Wouldn't be surprised if he does leave. He isn't good enough to lead the line full time here, but he is easily better than being a bit part player as well. I wouldn't begrudge him leaving