Chicharito Loan Watch | Real Madrid

one340

I actually think with Van Gal coming he is 3rd choice honestly. As third choice 2012-13 he had plenty of games and a good scoring record. If he plays longer than 15 minutes a game which seems like all he did when he did play he will give your results. SAF gave plenty of games to all 4 strikers i'm sure you can keep 3 strikers happy without Europe. Also, Who knows if Rooney even stays if he isn't the top man up front under Van Gal. To many variables right now to actually think about selling him first.

one340

Was on another forum where a few Mexicans were wondering how Hernandez is still at a prestigious club. They don't want him near the NT as they feel he messes up every attack. Is he going to start for Mexico at the WC?
Which one? He has only played one game under the new manager and it was yesterday where he assisted a goal. He looked bad under De la Torre but to be honest everyone in the National squad looked bad those last 5-6 games under his reign.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If Hernadez leaves does that mean we sign a new striker as well? Attacking midfielders and strikers are a muppets dream.
Why would we? We've got Rooney, RVP, Welbeck and Wilson who can lead the line while Rooney, Mata and Kagawa can act as no 10. Not to forget Angelo Henriquez and Bebe (the latter has been a great revelation in the Portuguese league)

Glanville95

I think now is the ideal time toe Hernandez to leave, from from the perspective of both parties, so I do hope a deal comes to fruition from an opposition club this summer.

On Hernandez's side; his United career has been uncertain for the past two seasons due to game-time and considering van Gaal favours just the one forward and is always inclined to give youth (Wilson & Welbeck) an opportunity, it'll significantly reduce Hernandez's starts even further. He's 25 now and needs to be playing regular football, if only for his country and their prospects.

From the club side; Hernandez has hit an age whereby I don't think we will see his market value increase beyond what it currently would be. More specifically, he is a limited player with few quality attributes in his favour. One of those is pace and it is only natural to think that will regress, so he has only finishing and movement really in his favour then. If we cash in now, we could recieve £15M if we're lucky with Atletico being potential suitors. Additionally, his presence is to the detriment of Welbeck and Wilson's development here. If Hernandez was to leave, simply in order to give those two more first-team opportunities, so be it.

I appreciate everything he's done for us and he was an excellent signing, but if we make a significant - even a reasonable profit - it's an easy decision for me.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Hopefully Hernandez shines in this World Cup so that we can get the best possible fee for him. He needs to move on for his own good, no point rotting on the bench. As others say, too good to be fourth choice, but not quite good enough to be first choice for us.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Unfortunately for him, he has broken through at a time when changing football tactics have reduced his style of striker to a desperate last throw of the dice from the bench.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
He has developed his game a bit in regards to his link up. A lot of the time though, when he tries to do this his back is to the goal. If a team who use inside forwards snap him up he would be a real asset. He's able to move deeper and lay it off. When he moves deeper it gives the wide forward room to move in behind the defence or the defenders Hernandez drags out. Hernandez is very quick and so after he lays it off he gets in to a new position quickly. I just hope he finds a club where he is first choice and is the main man. He isn't exactly the most creative striker, but he is hard working and intelligent. In the right set up he will get teams 25 goals easily.

The fact that his all round game has improved a lot just shows how eager he is to improve. If he could play every week no doubt he can be a CL level starting striker. Just not for us sadly.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Moriarty

Unfortunately for him, he has broken through at a time when changing football tactics have reduced his style of striker to a desperate last throw of the dice from the bench.
Perhaps the new manager will have other ideas. I'd hate to see him leave without being given a chance by Van Gaal.

Perhaps the new manager will have other ideas. I'd hate to see him leave without being given a chance by Van Gaal.
Van Gaal loved Ivica Olic at Bayern and Chico sort of reminds me of Olic in the way he buzzes about making life difficult for people. I think there could still be room for Hernandez at Old Trafford yet. Moyes may have wanted him out but all bets are off now.

Moriarty

Van Gaal loved Ivica Olic at Bayern and Chico sort of reminds me of Olic in the way he buzzes about making life difficult for people. I think there could still be room for Hernandez at Old Trafford yet. Moyes may have wanted him out but all bets are off now.
I hope so. Wasn't it Scholes that said, when he saw Hernandez playing for his old club, that he'd get us 20+ goals a season? I've no doubt he could do that.

I hope so. Wasn't it Scholes that said, when he saw Hernandez playing for his old club, that he'd get us 20+ goals a season? I've no doubt he could do that.
Think it was Scholesy yeah. I remember hearing that, can't remember where.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Where did DDG get that pic from??

Hope he goes to Atletico. One more reason to cheer for them again next season!

Sparky Rhiwabon

No doubt he would. But can you afford to have a "goal poacher" in the modern game? It is almost like playing with 10 players until the point he taps the ball into the net. Then there is players like Welbeck who contributes so much more overall but struggles to hit a cows arse with a banjo in front of goal!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Think Olic had more to his game than Chico.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
No doubt he would. But can you afford to have a "goal poacher" in the modern game? It is almost like playing with 10 players until the point he taps the ball into the net. Then there is players like Welbeck who contributes so much more overall but struggles to hit a cows arse with a banjo in front of goal!
But he's not a goal poacher. Calling Hernandez a goal poacher is a lazy generalization.

Chelsea would have finished higher in the table with Hernandez or any decent poacher who can put goals away. I can't believe "only scoring goals" is a bad thing now.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I'd be chuffed for him if he goes somewhere else and gets 20-30 goals a season as first choice.

Macabre Wolf

But he's not a goal poacher. Calling Hernandez a goal poacher is a lazy generalization.

Chelsea would have finished higher in the table with Hernandez or any decent poacher who can put goals away. I can't believe "only scoring goals" is a bad thing now.
It's the amount of times he's caught offside that bothers me.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's the amount of times he's caught offside that bothers me.
Fair enough, but that is his style of play. He's constantly on the shoulder of the last defender and every now and then he will be caught offside. The benefits of that is that it pushes the defense back, allowing for more space for your wingers and attacking midfielders to operate in.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
If he thinks it's time to move on for regular games then I think we'll let him go for the right price.

I certainly don't think we'll be letting him go out on loan.
The only way a loan makes sense is to keep him happy while we don't have the extra European fixtures next season. He obviously was going to be getting next to no game time because of this, so a loan for one season would make a lot of sense. Just not sure he'd be happy with this arrangement.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

Exactly, every inch of space Hernandez finds himself in he creates himself with his movement off the ball, that includes when he only has an actual inch of space. He moves defenders around constantly and also gets them off balance all the time with his changes of direction and speed.

margarito86

I still remember the first goal he scored for united in the USA tour -

@ scholes comment, if i remember correctly, it was after this game when fergie asked him what he thought about chicharito now that he got to play with him.

Also - sadly for him, i think he is better off moving along. You can tell he grew a bit anxious to just get a chance to prove himself.. His rhythm suffered from the lack of play time. I always ask myself how he cant start at least one game a week when u have the likes of EPL, FA Cup, Champs during the year. Even one complete start every 2 weeks would keep him in great rhythm.

Gladiator

Fair enough, but that is his style of play. He's constantly on the shoulder of the last defender and every now and then he will be caught offside. The benefits of that is that it pushes the defense back, allowing for more space for your wingers and attacking midfielders to operate in.
It's important to realize that Hernandez's off the ball movement is negated when teams park the bus. As you say, when teams defend higher their defensive line shifts back to counteract Hernandez's movement. When a team's defensive line is already deep in their own half, it becomes easier to mark Hernandez out of the game because there isn't much space for him to move and he's inconsistent with his hold up play although it's improved throughout his time at United. When there's spaces to exploit this is where Hernandez thrives but apart from Mata and Kagawa, not many of our players spot his runs early enough or play a through a ball to release him before a team springs the offside trap.

forevrared

Unfounded rumors that Southampton want him as part of the Shaw deal to replace Lambert. Would really make sense for all parties, doubt it comes off, though.

RedRevongge

Hernandez is too good for Southampton. A makeweight in a Koke deal could be possible with Diego Costa leaving

Super Nani

Really hope we don't lose him. Fair enough he must be frustrated after the nightmare of last season but I think he will get plenty of game time under van Gaal. However much we hope van Persie stays fit most of the season it's probably not going to happen so having Hermandez next season could be very important. It really would be a shame to lose him but if we're going to promote Wilson then I guess it could happen.

forevrared

He's our fourth best striker any way you slice it, you can't fault him wanting to play more, but he's just not good enough to play any more than he does for United.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's our fourth best striker any way you slice it, you can't fault him wanting to play more, but he's just not good enough to play any more than he does for United.
The sad truth.

He had his spell as a regular starter, but it was different back then, he dovetailed well with Rooney, and we didn't have RVP either.

With less games to rotate in next season, hard to see how he'll get more games.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I hate the double standards with Hernandez. Whenever he receives consistent game time he has scored and his intelligent movement almost always gives more space for the midfielders and the #10 to play more freely in the final third. The same people who make a million and one excuses citing lack of game time in preferred positions for other players are the first ones to slate him as the fourth best striker and someone who doesn't deserve to start for United. The last time he received constant game time we reached the champions league final and won the league and there is absolutely no evidence that playing him weakens us in anyway. If we are going to adapt to playing with one center forward I'd rather him be the first back up than anyone else.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sell Rooney and there's room for Chicharito. If only..........

forevrared

He's a better finisher, that's about it. Welbeck offers much more to the team and link-up play.

Loublaze

ATLien
I hate the double standards with Hernandez. Whenever he receives consistent game time he has scored and his intelligent movement almost always gives more space for the midfielders and the #10 to play more freely in the final third. The same people who make a million and one excuses citing lack of game time in preferred positions for other players are the first ones to slate him as the fourth best striker and someone who doesn't deserve to start for United. The last time he received constant game time we reached the champions league final and won the league and there is absolutely no evidence that playing him weakens us in anyway. If we are going to adapt to playing with one center forward I'd rather him be the first back up than anyone else.
Never a first choice. Great finisher but physically weak, shocking first touch and ball control sometimes. And yes, plays better coming off the bench than starting games.