Chicharito Loan Watch | Real Madrid

Sad Chris

Great player, great attitude. I think he'd be outstanding in Spain. Diego Forlán wasn't anywhere near as efficient for us and yet he was brilliant in Spain. I'd expect Chico to do extremely well there, too and get the recognition he deserves. Sad that we have so many great attackers and not many great midfielders. I'd be sad to see him leave though.

ZDwyr

I really like Hernandez so it'd be sad to see him go but having said that, he is too good to be sitting on the bench and I'd love to see him do well elsewhere. So if we get a good offer and he wants to go then I think we should accept it.

SirAF

Ageist
Feel a bit sorry for Hernandez, he's too good to be a 4th choice, but not good enough to be first choice here at United. I think all parties would be better off if we sold him and replaced him with Wilson.

ZDwyr

Forgot to mention that having Wilson coming through as a replacement is also another reason to sell if we get a good offer.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Great player, great attitude. I think he'd be outstanding in Spain. Diego Forlán wasn't anywhere near as efficient for us and yet he was brilliant in Spain. I'd expect Chico to do extremely well there, too and get the recognition he deserves. Sad that we have so many great attackers and not many great midfielders. I'd be sad to see him leave though.
Forlan has more to his game though. Hernandez could do well at a Valencia doing the Soldado role however. I think it is time for him to leave, good striker but needs to be a starter somewhere.

redtilldead123

I don't think we should let him go. Just because he's a nice guy doesn't mean we should want the best for him over the club.

He's not an amazing player but he's pretty good and can still develop.

Last edited:

Nozzy

Needs to move on, with our love & best wishes. How's Henriquez getting on?

Nucks

RT History Department
He's a really good goal scorer. He isn't ideal for us because we expect our strikers to be more involved in build up which is where he struggles. Throw him into a team where the strikers are just expected to score, and can provide him consistent service and opportunities in the box and he will score a lot. He's got that "goal scoring instinct" which cannot be taught. He just shows up in the right place, at the right time, trips and knocks the ball in with his face!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If he was available for around 10m i'd love us to go for him. I have a feeling he'd thrive with us.

johnmufc

Really hope he will leave. The correct option for both player and club. He can make an impact off the bench, but he destroys our play when he starts. It is best for his career for him to be a starting player elsewhere.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
With Wilson and Henrique also coming through I do think we need to make room for the youngsters to get more playing time. Cashing in on Hernandez won't be the worst thing IMO.

devil in me

I would be gutted to see him leave, but he needs to for his own sake. He should be first choice for a big club. He would bang them in in Spain, and I can see him going to Athletico and being a big success. Would love to see him stay in the prem tho...

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Would be sad to see him go, but yeah, it would be understandable and definitely in the his own best interest.

We should hopefully get at least 12-15M pounds for him. Maybe Madrid could be in need of a 2nd/3rd choice striker and 2nd choice marketing tool :drool:

nemanja nemagic

Love him, completely understand if he left obviously though.

His first season was just insane

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Feel a bit sorry for Hernandez, he's too good to be a 4th choice, but not good enough to be first choice here at United. I think all parties would be better off if we sold him and replaced him with Wilson.
The last time he was first choice we won the league and went to the Champions league finals. He's good enough to be first choice here. The problem is we have two strikers who are better than him. Which is not an indictment considering there's not many better than those two.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Ideally i'd like him to stay with us but he needs to improve a lot, this season he kept missing loads of easy chances.
Could understand him going somewhere else though and if he did i'd hope for at least £20m

FacerTheRed

Hernandez will leave. He'll certainly not get any games now Van Gaal is manager considering his style of play is using a lone striker and Van Gaal will favor RVP. So Rooney is at risk not playing regularly so Hernandez will no doubt will get no games.

Sb_16

He's a match winner and a 15+ goalscorer. Considering he's a super sub at best here, thats a very good attribute. He can still be a Plan B in LVG's system.

I don't want him to ever leave but we've come to a stage where leaving is the best option for his career. I won't hold it against him. But if he does go we'll need to replace him (not like for like, CM or LW maybe) cause apart from RVP, Rooney and Mata we are short in match winners and consistent goalscorer.

Do we have a chant for him?

hungrywing

No CL football puts the staff in a bind as everyone's pointed out. Definitely good enough to keep, not nice to the player to try and keep.

Maybe LvG will play the 'We will be in CL football in eighteen months and you will once again be an invaluable player' card.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
He is such a nice guy that we all want him to just be happy. Whether it is by staying or leaving.

I would be gutted to say goodbye to him but leaving is the best thing for him to do. He could walk in to a hell of a lot of teams out there and be their star man. He is to good to be back up and deserves to be playing week in week out where he will likely bag at least 20 goals a season.

Whoever he plays for next season will be very lucky to have him.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
If Hernadez leaves does that mean we sign a new striker as well? Attacking midfielders and strikers are a muppets dream.
I hope not. We will still have Welbeck and RVP. Plus Rooney even if he is more of a No.10 nowaday. We also have Wilson and Henriquez waiting in the pipeline. I think even without Hernandez we are still pretty strong in that position. We all know that the money needs to be spent in midfield and defense.

Water Melon

Pretty much what everyone above said. Chicha is a true red, a real poacher, however, taking into account our state of midfield, I don't see LvG playing with two strikers. Hernandez should leave to reach the potential he has elsewhere, but it will be a sad day for me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surprised us all when he arrived, and did so well he kept Berbatov out to become a regular starter at one point.

VP ended his hopes of any kind of regular start though, and unlike Welbeck he doesn't have much versatility. So like a lot of others, the obvious solution is a parting of ways, however greedy we are wanting him to stay as backup.

With no champions league next year, there's even less games to give run outs in,

LR7

Love Chicha to bits but I wouldn't be against him moving on at all. I think he needs to.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was on another forum where a few Mexicans were wondering how Hernandez is still at a prestigious club. They don't want him near the NT as they feel he messes up every attack. Is he going to start for Mexico at the WC?

Litch

Hernandez goal scoring record per minutes is at present 3rd highest in the history of the prem. If he leaves, your going to lose something that that stat tells you is difficult to replace from any player coming of the bench.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hernandez goal scoring record per minutes is at present 3rd highest in the history of the prem. If he leaves, your going to lose something that that stat tells you is difficult to replace from any player coming of the bench.
Is it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...deadliest-striker-Premier-League-history.html

The article above seems to suggest the would be RVN, not sure how accurate the article is though to be honest. However where did you get that stat about Hernendez from?

Stretch

I'd hate to see him leave but for his own sake I believe he should be given the chance to look for a new home. He'd walk into most teams. l reckon we could fetch about 15m for him but we're well known for selling well below market value.

Lane

I think it's time for him to move on, really. United will make a good profit and Chicharito will have a more playing opportunities. He had a chance to develop, but sadly his first season was the best at United. After that it only went down.

Plugsy

One thing that annoys me is that whenever he plays we seem to treat him like Andy Carroll and he's constantly fed high, long and looping balls to control. It drives me mad.

NJM78

He will have a good world cup and we can probably make a good profit from selling him. I would keep him but he is not better than RvP or Rooney so if he is happy coming off the bench which clearly he is not then let's sell him and wish him all the best.

If we finally buy a goal scoring midfielder then I would be happy giving Powell a go or Wislon. Welbeck seems to have changed his tune and is looking to fight for a starting berth under Van Gaal so we would be fine letting him go imo.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
RvP isnt going to last forever - what if we loaned Hernandez out (Lukaku style) to a good club, in the PL or abroad. Get a solid season of being a starter under his belt.

I dont expect RvP to still be playing for us in the 15/16 season so rather than ditching Hernandez now and then next year looking for a striker, I think a loan could work for all parties.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hernandez really is too good to spend his career sat on the bench.

He needs to move on to where someone is going to give him some respect and play him every week.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Good player but not good enough to start week in week out.

For the sake of his own career, he should move on. As long as we goes to another league and we get 18-20 million from him I'd be delighted.

Rezyuz

To good to be 4th choice,

far to bad to be 1st choice, and unfortunately for him we got a great second choice also which he can't compete with.

If hes smart he just moves to a club where he can shine. Athletico, Dortmund etc. 15 mil and go.