Film Child actors that were in one successful movie and then seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth

Sara125

….or has a regular job now.

James and the Giant Peach is one of my favourite movie adaptations of a Roald Dahl book. Just had a nosey around and the actor who played James now teaches Maths at some sixth form in County Durham.

The actor that played Charlie (not Freddie Highmore, I mean the one from the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) now works in a vet. I think Charlie was his only ever role actually.

Last edited:

Eric_the_Red99

Jake Lloyd, who played Anakin in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, retired from acting shortly afterwards and has had legal and mental health problems as an adult. He was clearly unable to deal with the fame and didn’t have any real talent to fall back on. George Lucas basically ruined his life, when he should have cast a kid who could actually act.

stevoc

Jake Lloyd, who played Anakin in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, retired from acting shortly afterwards and has had legal and mental health problems as an adult. He was clearly unable to deal with the fame and didn’t have any real talent to fall back on. George Lucas basically ruined his life, when he should have cast a kid who could actually act.
Would have ruined the continuity of Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen and Mark Hamill if one of them could act.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
So many really. The two coreys - both i think said they were sexually abused when young by film excutives.

Halley Joe Osmond disappeared.

One guy from the mighty ducks franchise was homeless for a long time.

Fame ruins so many people. Look at the suicides of reality tv stars.

"More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones." Truman Capote. Who said the success of In Cold Blood killed him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He was clearly unable to deal with the fame and didn’t have any real talent to fall back on. George Lucas basically ruined his life, when he should have cast a kid who could actually act.
You mean his life was ruined as he suffered with mental health issues due to crazy, embarrassing, Star Wars super fan nut jobs terrorising him. They were the ones that ruined his life and blamed him for the failure of TPM.

You can't blame George Lucas for the behaviour of absolute idiots.

LARulz

TV show but Dewey from Malcolm in the middle. He basically vanished, by choice it seems

Kaos

Not really a movie star, but Jack Gleeson (Jeffrey from Game of Thrones). He 'retired' from acting after his role in the show seemingly to go into academia.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Remember him making a cameo on a few episodes of The Boys. He looks like he's been enjoying the pies.
He was also in the movie Tusk and also that movie with Zac Efron about Ted Bundy. I should know the name as I made the trailer but can't remember it :nervous:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
So many really. The two coreys - both i think said they were sexually abused when young by film excutives.

Halley Joe Osmond disappeared.

One guy from the mighty ducks franchise was homeless for a long time.

Fame ruins so many people. Look at the suicides of reality tv stars.

"More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones." Truman Capote. Who said the success of In Cold Blood killed him.
I assume you mean Haley Joel Osment - he is still acting, has been in tons of films and TV stuff

Yagami

Good post resistant
He was in a big movie before that with Arnold

Would have ruined the continuity of Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen and Mark Hamill if one of them could act.
Oi

You mean his life was ruined as he suffered with mental health issues due to crazy, embarrassing, Star Wars super fan nut jobs terrorising him. They were the ones that ruined his life and blamed him for the failure of TPM.

You can't blame George Lucas for the behaviour of absolute idiots.
I know it's the thing to do now in terms of blaming fans for everything, but it was apparently his schoolmates and the press that were the big problems.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The girl from Matilda and Mrs Doubtfire (she’s related to Ben Shapiro) stopped acting after Matilda I think.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The kid who played Damien in the Omen.

Also, the kid who played Damien in the Omen II.

cj_sparky

The young actor who player the QB's brother in Varsity Blues, Joe Pichler actually disappeared.

Big Andy

Bloke
The girl from Matilda and Mrs Doubtfire (she’s related to Ben Shapiro) stopped acting after Matilda I think.
I took my lad to a comic-con in April and the girl from Matilda was there charging £50 for an autograph and £70 for a picture.

Marginally cheaper than the £75 I paid for my lad to get his Stranger Things Vecna Funko Pop signed by Jamie Campbell Bower mind.

Big Andy

Bloke
That guy who played Zack off of Saved by the Bell. There were rumours he had died a few years ago so that tells you how active he’d been.