Chris Armas | New Staff Member

SATA

I’ve just watched his video where he was talking to his team in a huddle in some training session and I already can’t stand his accent. Just me though. Hope the players listen to him

croadyman

Not gonna lie I am worried by the fact he oversaw Toronto's FC biggest defeat, however if Ralf feels he's the right guy then gotta trust his judgement. I liked the look of that Jesse guy from his half time team talk at Salzburg.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
For just a second, I legit thought that the Caf was getting a new staff member and that the thread was created so we could welcome him in person.

thedvil

Only worry here is that Ralf could be scrapping the barrel of coaches he knows as the ones he wants are too good to be let go by their club half way through the season or United wont pay to get them.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Only worry here is that Ralf could be scrapping the barrel of coaches he knows as the ones he wants are too good to be let go by their club half way through the season or United wont pay to get them.
That’s the spirit!

R'hllor

Not sure what people expect, he already said that most ( i guess top on his list ) are already under contract, so everyone else are leftovers that wont mind being here for 6 months, now if they comming on longer contracts, that would be an issue for me.

Teja

Not sure what people expect, he already said that most ( i guess top on his list ) are already under contract, so everyone else are leftovers that wont mind being here for 6 months, now if they comming on longer contracts, that would be an issue for me.
Is it confirmed that it's only for 6mo? I don't think he said anything about hiring the backroom staff on a short term basis..

Nick7

Are other teams fans as obsessed with coaching staff as our fans are? It’s so bizarre, most don’t even know what the staff do yet have such strong opinions about them.

Eli Zee

Are other teams fans as obsessed with coaching staff as our fans are? It’s so bizarre, most don’t even know what the staff do yet have such strong opinions about them.
No I don't think so. If they dealt with what we did, they may. If their club(s) were on top a little over decade ago and then have been dealing with crap performances for many many years since, and multiple managers have been sacked, they may wonder about the other staff.

Blood Mage

He's probably only going to be here for 6 months so who cares? We'll have a new manager bringing in his own set of new coaches in the summer, might as well just get a couple of guys in on the cheap for now.

Nick7

No I don't think so. If they dealt with what we did, they may. If their club(s) were on top a little over decade ago and then have been dealing with crap performances for many many years since, and multiple managers have been sacked, they may wonder about the other staff.
The staff is only as good as the manager, really, the buck stops with him. So what’s the point obsessing over the staff?

R'hllor

Is it confirmed that it's only for 6mo? I don't think he said anything about hiring the backroom staff on a short term basis..
Dunno like i said, if its duration of his stint of 6 months and if other options are not available, then it is what it is.

Eli Zee

The staff is only as good as the manager, really, the buck stops with him. So what’s the point obsessing over the staff?
The staff is only as good as the manager? How about the manager is only as good as the staff?

The two go hand in hand and have a direct impact on the results of every game.

Nick7

The staff is only as good as the manager? How about the manager is only as good as the staff?

The two go hand in hand and have a direct impact on the results of every game.
because that’s utter bollocks.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
The puns are armasing in here

Eli Zee

because that’s utter bollocks.
I don't mean in literal terms, but the staff plays a huge role in getting the team ready to each game. To an extent, the manager is only as good as his staff because his players train with the staff, otherwise no manager would need a staff.... do you get what I'm saying?

Tactics aside, A good manager surrounds himself with great staff and gets great results, leading to him being great. Sure, the manager might be at the head of most team related decisions and tactics during games, but it still matters if you have a random Chad vs a goood coach running the sessions everyday

If you have the best manager in the world and his training is run by some shit coaches, guess what?? The staff is impacting the managers success.

You don't think that good coaches arent constantly looking on ways to improve training and the team and discussing it with the manager directly to see what he thinks? They are. If they're not, then they aren't worth what they're getting paid.

Strats

I’ve just watched his video where he was talking to his team in a huddle in some training session and I already can’t stand his accent. Just me though. Hope the players listen to him
Can hear him screaming "Yo J-Lingz, fecking press!"

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This must be Ole effect because i can’t remember last time when we were so obsessed who will be assistant coaches.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So he's the old New York Red Bulls coach but we also want the current one Gerhard Struber as well?

United in sin

He speaks better and more clear English than some managers in the league, why wouldn't they listen to him? For players I don't think it matters much as long as he's good at his job and communicates effectively

Will Singh

Ralf is pretty much hands on as a coach so getting other coaches in will just assist him. Look what the guy did in 1 (45 mins) training session so I trust him more then any manager we’ve had after SAF.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I like this… spot on! The manager has the final say… I don’t think ole listened to his staffs ideas and did everything his way. Look at how the team performed when carrick was the one in charge, wasn’t perfect but was 100% better then under Solskjær.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Ralf is pretty much hands on as a coach so getting other coaches in will just assist him. Look what the guy did in 1 (45 mins) training session so I trust him more then any manager we’ve had after SAF.
What is it you think he did? Made Fred world class?

Daengophile

At the end of the day, Rangnick will succeed or fail on his coaching appointments.

At the moment, as he has said, most coaches are tied up in contracts.

It's also the middle of the season

And whilst I haven't seen the terms being offered, I'd be surprised if they ran beyond Rangnick's 6 months contract.

He's bringing in people who are known to him and one assumes, people who know how to coach to his requirements.

So, whilst they may not be household names, I'm sure we wish them every success