Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Skills

Snitch
Getting him a right back is a bigger priority than a CB partner. His workload down the right is ridiculous.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
By far our best player today. Shaw good as well, but Smalling is standing our as one of the more consitently good players this 2nd half of the season.

Ekeke

Most weeks he has to do Valencia's job all game. Today he also had to do McNair's and half of Shaw's as well

Devil may care

He was running around trying to put out fires every time they broke as he had liabilities either side of him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Apart from when Lukaku sold him a stepover, he had him sussed pretty well for the whole game. He just doesn't seem to get beaten.

Did well on two corners as well, the knock down for Rooney and the header on target, just a shame it wasn't to the side of Howard. He's so dominant in the air.

Thisistheone

Was our best player today. I'd seriously consider making him captain next season. Not that it'll happen mind.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Stepping up big time, looking like a leader and he's thriving with van Gaal's coaching. Needs some help.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Can we put the questioning of him being our best defender well and truly to bed now? He saved our arses countless times in a heavy defeat today, if the two standing next to him were playing to half of what Smalling was then we may have had a less embarrassing scoreline.

#SmallingPlusOne more than ever.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Stepping up big time, looking like a leader and he's thriving with van Gaal's coaching. Needs some help.
Was just about to post the same comment, nice to see him taking the lead and marshalling around our other young defenders, with Vidic and Ferdinand going in the one window we needed somebody to step up and lead the defence, I thought it was going to be Ronnie Evans but I can see Smalling keeping his place no matter who we bring in now

Shark

@NotShark
Sign a quality CB to play beside this guy and we're laughing. Pity there's not many around at the moment..

m1y2

I liked one of his last ditch tackles today, it was on a counter and he literally got the goal from Lukaku waiting for a low driven cross. I thought to myself that would never happen with Hummels as he would never get there as quickly.. It's really strong asset to have such stature like Smalling - athletic and strong at once... great to see him showing some leader ship recently..

btw that was really funny to see how some people last time said how McNair is better player or some other weird calls how he's becoming soon ahead of him. First he needs to learn how to defend. Smalling's excellent defender and if he ads anything else to it I am okay to start him. McNair looked better agains Cheslea side waiting for us at their half..

legball

I've always liked him, put a calm head like Hummels next to him and we'll be mint.

ZDwyr

Only just realised that he got the armband after Rooney went off :drool:

FromTheBench

Jones and Smalling is our best pairing right now. Been saying it from start of the season and actually from England U21 days they've had a decent understanding.

They need a good run of games together but Injuries constantly disrupts that or Van Gaal starts messing up formations or going with his left footed right footed lark.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He is growing and improving. I can see him being vice-captain soon, he's becoming a leader for us

Trizy

He's really turned it around after the City game, I remember in my complete rage at his red card I wanted him sold (I don't think I was ever as angry at a player :lol:)

De Gea, Shaw and Smalling are quality if we add Hummels and a proper RB to that back 5 we'll have the best defense in the league. I would actually love Carvajal!

---------------De Gea
Carvajal-Smalling-Hummels-Shaw

:drool:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
He's really turned it around after the City game, I remember in my complete rage at his red card I wanted him sold (I don't think I was ever as angry at a player :lol:)

De Gea, Shaw and Smalling are quality if we add Hummels and a proper RB to that back 5 we'll have the best defense in the league. I would actually love Carvajal!

---------------De Gea
Carvajal-Smalling-Hummels-Shaw

:drool:
Clyne and Stones and have the full England back four!