6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Ekeke

Dont think he was great today but very nice that he's continuing to score goals. He always should have been a real threat and now he's become one

Bwuk

Dodgy as at the start. When we scored we took control of the game and we weren't tested much.

We are two central defenders off of being one of the top sides in world football.

Glanville95

Yeah, didn't think he was particularly very good either (shaky at the start and partially responsible for City's 2nd) but he's capable of so much more and I'm happy for his goal.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He was good, first half he had to cover for Valencia a bit too much but Valencia went into beast mode in the second half and he looked much better. He's a really good defender.

Sweet Square

Dont think he was great today but very nice that he's continuing to score goals. He always should have been a real threat and now he's become one
Yeah agree with that. Had a pretty solid game and scored a good header, but the 4th goal he completely lost Aguero.
Still can't complain too much.

Last edited:

Rossa

Yeah agree with that. Had a pretty solid game and scored a good header, but the 4th goal he complexity lost Aguero.
Still can't complain too much.
This pretty much. Not his best game. He made a couple too many mistakes, but he scored a nice goal. Defended well overall, but just a bit sloppy at times.

Hed Zitin

I wrote all of our CB's off shamed to say, but since coming back from the last injury he's been absolutely brilliant. Yes he's not the best passer, but he can defend and he's massively improved his coming out with the ball this season.

Devil may care

Strolled back in with confidence, think he's the one that should partner whoever we buy in the summer.

marlowe78

Smalling should want to strangle Valencia after today. He was left to cover so much on the right in the first half, it was ridiculous.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Smalling should want to strangle Valencia after today. He was left to cover so much on the right in the first half, it was ridiculous.
Yep. There were two or three times in the first half where on first viewing I thought Smalling had made mistakes in positioning or following a run, only to realise on the replay that it was actually Valencia doing the wrong thing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
:lol: at that stat.
He's brilliant though. Started the game shakily but grew in confidence. Such a shame all our defenders are so injury prone, you can see how good they get once they get a run of games.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Am I making this up, or are his most often goals are those like that one today, after set pieces from similar ditance/angle like today's? I remember him scoring couple after set pieces like today's. Didn't he also score similar goal against City two or three seasons ago too(when he was slightly offside)?

Raw

Am I making this up, or are his most often goals are those like that one today, after set pieces from similar ditance/angle like today's? I remember him scoring couple after set pieces like today's. Didn't he also score similar goal against City two or three seasons ago too(when he was slightly offside)?
He scored against City in the Community Shield back in 2011/12 where we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bad mistake where he let aguero in and Valencia saved us but good overall. He's improved on the ball hugely.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Same amount of goals as Welbeck despite playing 5 games or around 300 mins less. Better record than Ozil, Willian, Coutinho, Balotelli and Sturridge too.

settembrini

Pretty sure he's the top scoring centre back in the premier league.

I'm loving him this season, he's come on leaps and bounds. Credit to Van Gaal for improving his use of the ball and playing him consistently in his proper position.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yep, that's probably the one.
He scored a similar goal against Chelsea that season, which is probably the one being referred to. His goal in the Community Shield was with his foot.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He scored a similar goal against Chelsea that season, which is probably the one being referred to. His goal in the Community Shield was with his foot.
Oh, I can't remember anything now. It's late.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Was class, when we were under pressure he looked our only defender at times. Sign Stones to play next to him.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Paid extremely close attention to him today because I was really bigging him up to my Liverpool/Spurs supporting mates prior to the game.

I thought he was very, very good. Dodgy on the ball, gave it away a few times and when he headed the ball clear he often failed to direct it towards a red shirt, but his defending was almost impeccable. He had to cover a lot for Valencia who went missing a lot, particularly in the first half. At one stage it felt like he was doing all of the defending by himself.

I'm a big fan of Smalling and I think the penny has dropped with him. I don't really get nervous watching him anymore. Would like to see us just buy one centre back in the summer (Hummels) and playing Smalling alongside him.

Ekeke

4 goals from a CB who has started 15 games is actually a stupidly good record for Smalling. I didnt quite realise he had so many from so few games, I think we can point to him as one of the best targets for set pieces in the league this season

Vidic's best goalscoring season for us was 5 goals in 35 league starts. And then he went to like 1 a season.
Terry's best was 6 in 31 league games and also got 1 champions league goal that season, and he usually gets 3 or 2 goals a season.

Crazy. Well done Smalling

ZDwyr

He started nervously on the ball, and Jones did too I think. He also had to cover quite often for Valencia which didn't help him. He grew into the game though and was good. Switched off at the end which was disappointing, but I guess ultimately not too big of a disaster.