g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Chris Smalling image 12

Chris Smalling England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

I came at you? Honestly?
If you don’t like people commenting on your posts and have to resort to being condescending and name calling. Then maybe this isn’t the forum for you.

As for what I was looking for with an ‘erm Smalling hater’, simply pointing out that you were incorrect with your statement. It was 100% a header not a handball.
I never said it was a handball best you read back. You got your knickers in a knot over nothing.

Red_toad

I never said it was a handball best you read back. You got your knickers in a knot over nothing.
You said ‘near handball’. It was an actual header.

I see you’ve not taken onboard previous feedback on your posts. I’d suggest you try being a bit more grown up in your posts. As they’re coming across as very immature.

Ekeke

Calm down sunshine. It wasn't a handball but it was pure stupidity, even Neville said WTF was he doing.
So it was stupidity to head the ball and not use his hands? And you want to focus on that instead of actual bad defending that cost us goals during the match, or shitty buildup play that led to very few shots.

Okay then clearly what Smalling does and what you can try to blame him for is more important to you than the team.

Robbie Boy

You said ‘near handball’. It was an actual header.

I see you’ve not taken onboard previous feedback on your posts. I’d suggest you try being a bit more grown up in your posts. As they’re coming across as very immature.
Exactly I said ‘near handball’. Glad we’ve clarified this but how pointless....

Robbie Boy

So it was stupidity to head the ball and not use his hands? And you want to focus on that instead of actual bad defending that cost us goals during the match, or shitty buildup play that led to very few shots.

Okay then clearly what Smalling does and what you can try to blame him for is more important to you than the team.
It’s ok I was right we got to the bottom of it. Phew.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
People blaming him for the handball just shows the lengths people will go to blame him for everything. First of all, I am not sure it was even a handball, and most importantly, he was fouled for that situation, it was clear foul for everyone on the pitch except for the ref, and of course for people who don't like Smalling.

Zlatattack

He's our best defender and that says it all really. Our best defender that can't get into the England team and no one gives a shit, that alone should tell you how bad our defence is.

His passing out from the back is league 1 standard. Slow balls played behind his man and kill any speed in our build up.

In an ideal world we'll be shipping him off to Everton or something but there's at least 5 defenders who should be sold before him. That's how poor the personnel in our defence is.
100% agree.

People blaming him for the handball just shows the lengths people will go to blame him for everything. First of all, I am not sure it was even a handball, and most importantly, he was fouled for that situation, it was clear foul for everyone on the pitch except for the ref, and of course for people who don't like Smalling.
No one is blaming him for a handball

Ekeke

I mean, it was just a bit of gentle ribbing and I didn’t even comment on his actual performance. Yet some lost their shit, like they actually acted all flowery and outraged.
For me it was you making the comment that Neville called it stupid. He didnt handball I dont know what the issue is. So while the other one was light hearted, you did say it was stupid when he didnt actually do anything wrong.

Robbie Boy

For me it was you making the comment that Neville called it stupid. He didnt handball I dont know what the issue is. So while the other one was light hearted, you did say it was stupid when he didnt actually do anything wrong.
It kind of was as I have no idea why you would jump with your hand up like that. It would have been such a stupid peno to give away. Anyhow I don’t care about Smalling - like whatsoever - but I just found his jump with his hand in the air most amusing. It’s ok I’ll forgive him this time but next time....

Still no idea why you would take umbrage with what I said. I get that you love him or whatever but pick a row with someone slating him. Believe me, I don’t care enough to debate Chris Smalling.

Ekeke

It kind of was as I have no idea why you would jump with your hand up like that. It would have been such a stupid peno to give away. Anyhow I don’t care about Smalling - like whatsoever - but I just found his jump with his hand in the air most amusing. It’s ok I’ll forgive him this time but next time....

Still no idea why you would take umbrage with what I said. I get that you love him or whatever but pick a row with someone slating him. Believe me, I don’t care enough to debate Chris Smalling.
Because he didnt do anything wrong as you were just told. If he had handballed it then I would agree. He didnt.

So concentrate on things that actually matter like how we created next to nothing and defended poorly in other incidents.

Its like worrying about a tackle he makes on the edge of the box or inside the box where he got the ball. If he hadnt and given away a dangerous freekick or penalty then sure, its a mistake. But he won the header, or he won the tackle, so why on earth are you concentrating on something he didnt do wrong? Just shows an agenda.

Things he actually did wrong are far more important. Same with the rest of the team

Robbie Boy

Because he didnt do anything wrong as you were just told. If he had handballed it then I would agree. He didnt.

So concentrate on things that actually matter like how we created next to nothing and defended poorly in other incidents.

Its like worrying about a tackle he makes on the edge of the box or inside the box where he got the ball. If he hadnt and given away a dangerous freekick or penalty then sure, its a mistake. But he won the header, or he won the tackle, so why on earth are you concentrating on something he didnt do wrong? Just shows an agenda.

Things he actually did wrong are far more important. Same with the rest of the team
Yeah I don’t care. I found it funny that’s it.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Unfortunately for you, Smalling has always been one of those meh, boarderline irrelevant players for me. He’s just there...
Spoken like someone who cares.

Just joking, but found that whole back and fourth kinda funny. Smalling didn't do anything weird, he got pushed mid-air, lower back which makes your balance way off, which is why it was a free kick. That is also why his hand went up if you wondered, because it is natural and what happens when pushed mid air. You said you don't care, but here you are making shit up to entertain yourself.

Robbie Boy

Spoken like someone who cares.

Just joking, but found that whole back and fourth kinda funny. Smalling didn't do anything weird, he got pushed mid-air, lower back which makes your balance way off, which is why it was a free kick. That is also why his hand went up if you wondered, because it is natural and what happens when pushed mid air. You said you don't care, but here you are making shit up to entertain yourself.
Who cares?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Who cares?
Good answer:lol: Why even make posts? Why even care about religion or anything. You are onto something here, I hope more people in here posts with the lack of care you have shown. Impressive.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Good for him. Deserve more when compared to his teammates.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Deserves probably twice what next defender in the club makes.

Oldyella

Lot of money but it's just how our pay structure is. When you have Lingard getting 100k, then your first choice cb probably deserves a little more. Hopefully if we are renewing this, Jones is being shown the door.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a good CB. We'd be in a much worse spot without him currently, UNTIL we can sign somebody better.

He's the best of our current options at actually defending.

FireballXL5

He's a good CB. We'd be in a much worse spot without him currently, UNTIL we can sign somebody better.

He's the best of our current options at actually defending.
You don't realise how depressed I got reading that.

red4ever 79

No problem whatsoever with Smalling being extended. By far our best CB at the club, however whether he should be a starter or squad player going forward depends on the clubs ambition and who we can bring in.

Status
Not open for further replies.