Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I’m surprised by how static he was, normally you’d expect a player that is not physically endowed to be mobile and evasive but he lacks both.
He wasn’t the only one to be honest but it’s a problem in this squad that needs addressing.

The Substitute

Our worst player, absolutely a passenger. As soon as he went off we started winning the ball and get into dangerous positions.

No team has the luxury waiting for a single pass 90 mins

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He was a yard slow to everything, which would’ve been a problem even if he wasn’t playing a team of notoriously aggressive drugged up pressing monsters. Needs upgrading

Glorio

He actually noticed Gundogan was free on the corner, but was too slow to do much about it.

He's a liability off the ball, and loses almost every 50:50 he's in. I wonder what happens in training when he and Sancho contest a 50:50. The ball probably just rolls out of play

House Mkhitaryan

After a glorious start to the season, he's been van de beek levels since he came back from injury. Today was as one of the most anonymous performances by any United midfielder I can remember. Must upgrade for next season.

Kag

He struggled today, as he does in most of the bigger matches we play.

Ultimately, he’s been overused and neither he or Ten Hag are really to blame given the other options we have.

Hopefully next season we can use him more strategically. Up against the bottom half, especially at home when we have lots of the ball, and he’ll be just fine. We can’t play him in games like today, though.

I suspect Ten Hag knows this given the interest in Mount.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He actually noticed Gundogan was free on the corner, but was too slow to do much about it.

He's a liability off the ball, and loses almost every 50:50 he's in. I wonder what happens in training when he and Sancho contest a 50:50. The ball probably just rolls out of play
The contest is rained off

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Woeful today. Hindsight is a great thing, but we shouldnt have started him. And i think we would have done better had we not. Maybe move Bruno into the ten and play garanacho from the start. Or even mctominah.

MoskvaRed

I guess there is a huge amount of goodwill towards Eriksen after what happened at the Euros but….he’s not good enough anymore (and even at his peak, he was a level below the very top). The gap in strength and athleticism today was enormous.

The United

Anonymous today but he’s had a good season. I think he’s just knackered at this point which doesn’t help either. If we had literally anyone else they’d probably have played today.
He didn't have a good season. His early performances had the issue of losing steam after the first 45 minutes. Now he is not even doing anything decent in the first 45 minutes, and he has not been for a couple of months now.

The United

He struggled today, as he does in most of the bigger matches we play.

Ultimately, he’s been overused and neither he or Ten Hag are really to blame given the other options we have.

Hopefully next season we can use him more strategically. Up against the bottom half, especially at home when we have lots of the ball, and he’ll be just fine. We can’t play him in games like today, though.

I suspect Ten Hag knows this given the interest in Mount.
How has he been overused, though? He had a long break and always got subbed off in about 60 minutes. He did not even start in the last game if I remember it correctly. There are a few other players in this squad that we can use the word "overused" on.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He has been overrated since he signed for us. Taking into account his miracle come back since collapsing on the pitch and his free transfer he has done reasonably well, but really not the level we need.

Kag

How has he been overused, though? He had a long break and always got subbed off in about 60 minutes. He did not even start in the last game if I remember it correctly. There are a few other players in this squad that we can use the word "overused" on.
Overused as in being made to play in matches like today, where he clearly struggles.

If Ten Hag had better, more athletic options then Eriksen would play in more appropriate games.

Irwin99

Just wasn't in the game. I can see why he started because we don't have a lot of creativity in the team anyway but that wasn't evident in his performance today. Looked miles off the pace.

His first half of the season was great and I still think he can do a squad role for us but we need energy in the bigger games.

Hester_manc

He was so great for us and one of our most important players, until Carroll injured with complete premeditation. Since then he was not played at the same level for us. I hope he finds his form again after the summer break. Many fans have already forgotten, how he has played for us for most of the season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's had a good season overall but we've 'got away' with being dependent on him rather than it being sustainable. Our midfield is easily bullied.

OrcaFat

He was one of my favourite players a few months ago but even before he got injured he started dropping off very badly after 60 mins. Next he basically stopped playing at half time. Now he can barely get a kick from the off. He can’t get himself into position any more, it’s hard to watch.

The United

Overused as in being made to play in matches like today, where he clearly struggles.

If Ten Hag had better, more athletic options then Eriksen would play in more appropriate games.
We do though. Fred and Tommy. Obviously, ETH thought he could use Eriksen's passing ability here and that did not happen.

Cela shomana

I guess there is a huge amount of goodwill towards Eriksen after what happened at the Euros but….he’s not good enough anymore (and even at his peak, he was a level below the very top). The gap in strength and athleticism today was enormous.
This. quite frankly, even when people praised him before his injury. I thought he was just ok and the weaknesses of his lack of athleticism and pace were quite noticable even then

Ted Lasso

This is absolutely not true. His clubs dumped him and he went to bottom of the table fodder after having to prove himself in trainings. Played a blinder of a season and well earned the move to United.

He was not good today and hasn't been since the latest injury. But he had a good start to the season. We still need a better player but today's not a reason to make up stories.

The United

Fred and Tommy aren't good enough either.
But would have been worse than him in this kind of game? Evidently, not. And Tommy usually had some of his best games against City.

I would have used both Tommy and Fred to keep up with City's intensity in the first half, then put him in for the second half, where he didn't need to battle them physically anymore. His passing might have been better and more useful with the likes of Garnacho running behind. But, yeah.

fallengt

He's useless without the ball. Jebus
Since the injury, his legs are gone.

I don't know who else in the middle would have been any better, but my god he's hopeless defensively. I didn't think ETH would play him and if Antony had been fit I don't think he would have done.

Ralph1386

Woeful today. Hindsight is a great thing, but we shouldnt have started him. And i think we would have done better had we not. Maybe move Bruno into the ten and play garanacho from the start. Or even mctominah.
He’s basically the reason why today De Gea is being attacked in the other thread.

El Jefe

The biggest question mark before signing him was whether he had the legs and whether he was fit enough to play CM for us. I think those reservations have shown to have merit after his first season.

All in all he had a good-ish season but it's clear going forward he's not a player you should be relying on.

The United

I don't know who else in the middle would have been any better, but my god he's hopeless defensively. I didn't think ETH would play him and if Antony had been fit I don't think he would have done.
Scott McTominay certainly would have done better to match their intensity in the first half, which should have been our game plan.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Sadly his legs have gone and his level is no longer a top 6 club, woeful today and the game passed him by , he was outrun , outfought and rubbish.

Time to move him on or keep him as a third place back up.

MoskvaRed

This is absolutely not true. His clubs dumped him and he went to bottom of the table fodder after having to prove himself in trainings. Played a blinder of a season and well earned the move to United.

He was not good today and hasn't been since the latest injury. But he had a good start to the season. We still need a better player but today's not a reason to make up stories.
I meant among fans (including United fans), not clubs or managers. I notice a reluctance to criticise him (I don’t like doing it either). But his lack of pace and athleticism is not compensated for by his technical ability. Maybe he is ok to keep as a squad option but not a starting XI player. Brentford are hardly trash by the way (and he was struggling at Inter anyway even before his health problems).

TempusFugit

Probably the slowest player in the squad. These type of games are not for him, he just let Rodri do whatever he wanted.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He is quite obviously a great technical footballer and his set-pieces are high quality. Unfortunately without much of an engine, it's rendered useless in the games against teams of City's quality.

It's a position that needs attention.

Rake

This was an 1/10 performance if I've ever seen one. He was utterly terrible in every single aspect of the game. Really shouldn't have been on the pitch in the second half.

Physically he looked so out of shape that it was no surprise that the others aspects of his game suffered as well.

Baneofthegame

Looks like he can barely run anymore, which is a shame as he gets beaten in what seems like every duel and 50/50.

criticalanalysis

His decline and performances post injury has been quite sad. Mata-esque.

I'm sure he'll be fresher and be match fit next season where hopefully, he'll be a squad/rotational player only.

Status
Not open for further replies.