6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Absolutely not at the races today. I started calling for McTominay to replace him in the first half, that’s how bad I thought he was
Same :lol:
He looked lost and we know he always gets weaker second half.
Can see why Eth wants somebody like mount

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Hopefully he can get back to his early season form if he's used more as a squad player. He'll always struggle against high-intensity high-pressing teams, but he 'should' be a good option against weaker teams and to bring on late in other games. Since his injury he's been an absolute passenger.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He didn't have a good season. His early performances had the issue of losing steam after the first 45 minutes. Now he is not even doing anything decent in the first 45 minutes, and he has not been for a couple of months now.
I disagree, his early performances were good throughout. The injury seemed to take something out of him though, he hasn’t been as impactful since.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Still a fine player. You just can't expect him to play 3000 minutes in a season in which he was also out injured for three (?) months and look good.

The Mount signing (or whoever we sign if the Mount deal doesn't go through) will put him in his appropriate place within the squad.

Highfather_24

At the midway point I had Eriksen as the most important player in the team.

Lost steam in the end. Need another creative #8 like him who is not a defensive liability.

Rossa

He struggled today. It was far from a fast-paced game as City loves to take the tempo out of games - hate their playing style - but still he struggled. He looked ever so slow and off the pace. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

mikeyt

Great first half of the season, hasn't been right since the injury, still a top player but we can't rely on him to be our starting number 8, however Mount isn't the answer to replace him.

-Supreme-

He was useless without the ball as mostly have pointed out but is he really that good on the ball, particularly after his return from injury? Personally he’s been average at best, certainly isn’t something that should be compensated for his shortcomings.

Mindhunter

I was calling for ETH to replace him even during half time. The game simply passed him by. He has lost his legs. Needs to be used against teams that park the bus and put no pressure on the ball. Definitely not a starter for a cup final against city.

Trex

Most people point to his assist stats but really he's just not dynamic enough. He can do it against a wolves when they're sitting deep. But that's about it. Against teams who will contest the midfield he's absolutely a passenger. Having him as a sub is fine but we'll regress if he is counted on to start next season.

Moriarty

Coming back from that heart attack was a feat in itself. Then Carroll crocks him and he hasn't been the same since. He was never a midfield powerhouse before his injuries but he's really not up at the level we need for a full season. Keep him as a squad player to use when the situation calls for it otherwise we should move him on.

Bobski

He was a stopgap with a good news story in his recovery but it was always going to be a short term solution, especially when paired with another vet past his physical peak.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

He was useless without the ball as mostly have pointed out but is he really that good on the ball, particularly after his return from injury? Personally he’s been average at best, certainly isn’t something that should be compensated for his shortcomings.
He was quite good during the first half of the season. I believe he was pivotal after the first two games, when ETH ditched the high possession/high pressing tactics altogether. He put in a series of good performances, mostly with McTominay next to him, with the best one coming in the win against Arsenal. Afterward, as we gradually moved the lines a tad higher and attempted to build attacks from our third, he chipped in there, too. ETH really trusted him, even in the "easier" games. He's been poor since he came back from injury. We need a player there, that's for sure. But, i believe it was the right thing to sign him as a stop-gap option.

-Supreme-

He was quite good during the first half of the season. I believe he was pivotal after the first two games, when ETH ditched the high possession/high pressing tactics altogether. He put in a series of good performances, mostly with McTominay next to him, with the best one coming in the win against Arsenal. Afterward, as we gradually moved the lines a tad higher and attempted to build attacks from our third, he chipped in there, too. ETH really trusted him, even in the "easier" games. He's been poor since he came back from injury. We need a player there, that's for sure. But, i believe it was the right thing to sign him as a stop-gap option.
Agree and that’s why i said after his injury…

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If you follow his timeline from the start of the season until now, the way this has played out was inevitable, unfortunately.

Even at his best for us, he couldn’t deliver more than 65 hard minutes, as the games accumulated, this issue became more and more exacerbated with his effectiveness sliding down to around about 45 hard minutes prior to injury. He returned to the fold and has slipped further still - it’s like a PL campaign is draining the life out of him.

What it means is squaddie or low profile game features next season; not a big game starter nor someone we should be running into the ground.

He’s the appropriate level of a squaddie and rotation option, but not a permanent fixture in what represents a best xi of a club with our aspirations.

sillwuka

Eriksen is still really useful for us, he just needs to be used in the right games.

If we had the appropriate squad he'd be coming on at 70.

Fahad Jawaid

He is very good on the ball but very poor off the ball that it becomes a liability. He is so weak in challenges that he comes off as second best in 70/30 challenges (which are in his favor). We need a player with grit and determination of Fred and passing range of Eriksen to solve our issues, now the question is where is that player. Hopefully our scouts earn their money and find us some players with the required attribute. The only one I can think of is Frankie but that ship has sailed.

Eddy_JukeZ

He can't be a first XI option next season.

He's been brutal since returning from injury.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He had Dembele carrying the midfield at Spurs. Unfortunately, every single one of our midfielders are lightweight so he gets exposed even more here because Casemiro is just as bad under pressure as him so there's no outball to escape a press centrally.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
For me, Erikson is a player who should only start against teams we are going to dominate. In a game like today, Erikson should be an option off the bench. As much as many would disagree, I'd rather see McTominay starting today in the midfield, along with Fred and Cassemiro.

Oscar Bonavena

I like Eriksen but he got the runaround in midfield today. Just doesn't have the legs not just to cover the ground, but even to get little toe pokes in here and there to win the ball back was beyond him. City players were breezing past him and he wasn't tracking their runs off the ball.

Probably should have been subbed at HT to get more legs on the pitch while the game was still there to be won. Can't be one of our starting midfielders next year.

Marcus

Today, he looked like Yesterday's man. Thanks for everything but time to move on.

Judas

Open to offers
Shouldn't be starting next season. Squad option at best. Didn't think we'd get more than a season out of him, and if his performances since coming back from injury are anything to go by, we really need to be buying his replacement this summer.

ManRed

Will be an excellent squad option against low block teams and less pace opponents. He got few assists last few games of premier league. We need such players who can whip in good balls into the box. If we manage his fatigue and injuries then he can give us quality 15 games next season + off the bench apperances.

Yagami

Good post resistant
But they’re shit.
So is Eriksen.

Also, Ole beat Pep multiple times with a Fred/McTominay duo, or a Fred/Matic one, and he was nowhere near ten Hag's level as a coach. Both are much better suited for the bigger games than Eriksen who is not only bad, but an actual hindrance time and time again against good opposition.

Kag

So is Eriksen.

Also, Ole beat Pep multiple times with a Fred/McTominay duo, or a Fred/Matic one, and he was nowhere near ten Hag's level as a coach. Both are much better suited for the bigger games than Eriksen who is not only bad, but an actual hindrance time and time again against good opposition.
He clearly isn’t a shit footballer. Gonna call this now: I can’t be arsed to engage with you so I wouldn’t bother replying. You’re boring.

maximus419

Utd have to be ruthless and move him on, he's not really good as a squad player either because players like him need to play regularly in order for them not to regress further, he'd be fine in a lower PL club like he showed at Brentford.

He needs to have two midfielders alongside him with legs and physical strength to compliment his passing. I don't think he can play in a two and that means we'd have to adapt the tactics and shape to carry him at a time we can't afford passengers. If we keep him on its because of sentimentality plus the money isn't there to upgrade on him.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Jesus that really hurt you didn't it?

News flash it's still a shit take and thank feck you don't work for the club.
Was just sayin', chill bro. I know you're feeling a little embarrassed. It's ok, we all say dumb things at times. But yeah, thank feck you don't work for the club, you'd probably give Eriksen another 4 years and make him captain. :lol:

Andersons Dietician

His lack of athleticism got exposed yet again yesterday.

I really like him as a player when he is on the ball and against teams we are expected to dominate possesion, but yesterday just wasn’t for him.
Maybe there is some sort of cumulative fatigue going on as Casemiro looked wiped yesterday as well, but there was one moment yesterday where I think it was Rodri just shifted left as Eriksen was closing him and by this simple action created like 10 yards of space. It was ridiculous. Then watching Eriksen trying to get back at him was painful.
He has a place in the squad because he is probably still the best passer in the squad but low intensity games.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
What he offers on the ball isn't anywhere near good enough to make up for his physical frailty, poor positioning and how often he just drifts out of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.