Christian Eriksen has left Old Trafford on crutches

MonkeysMagic

The refree from the Reading game should be demoted to non-league football if he thinks that Carroll challenge wasn't even worthy of a card.

JustKatie

It's a big loss yet we have folks crying that the promising youth aren't getting games. Now they will at least be in with a shout.

Could really see some major growth here and then potentially have a fully rested Eriksen back for the last few weeks (and potentially a final) that'd be great.

Chief123

Tielemans for free at the end of the season is a better 'genius' move.
That’s not really a genius move in the summer, if at all. Tielemans for £10m now would pay itself and more if it helped us get top 4 and further in the cup competitions. In the summer there would be even better options available. Anyway, looks like we are trying to get Sabitzer from Bayern now.

croadyman

Too much optimism here regarding a late deadline day signing. When they couldn't plan for a potential injury even after Donny why do you think they can get a player in a day?
Donny was fringe whereas Eriksen in first XI so now we simply have to act that's for sure

Charlie Foley

Sincerely believe Carroll was out to hurt our players tonight. Went in hard on Casemiro as well.

I don't know if this is allowed on here and nor do I particularly care - I hope the next defender he faces puts in a ridiculously hard challenge on him. Absolute arsehole.
There should be a caveat to the don’t wish injury on someone rule when they’ve clearly tried to injure someone themselves

Jeffthered

Out for the season, effectively. A big, big blow, and is what we feared.

Arsenal have lost Jesus for injury, and responded by their young forward coming in and doing a tremendous job; brought in Broussard; and brought in Jorginho.

I'm not knocking ETH, as he has stated that he wants some work to be done during the window, but we need to do something. Not good news at all.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Can happen in any game but no need to risk it in an easy cup game. I posted before the Forest game we're running him into to ground so not just hindsight either.
He didn’t get injured due to overplaying though so that argument is a non starter. You play players to continue their rhythm. Coaches like Pep and Ten Hag know more.

Crimson King

He didn’t get injured due to overplaying though so that argument is a non starter. You play players to continue their rhythm. Coaches like Pep and Ten Hag know more.
It's ridiculous how many armchair managers are coming out of the woodwork here.

The only people to blame for this are the Glazers. We might have spent big in the summer, but that was mostly to cover the mess of a squad that had been assembled before EtH arrived.

Hopefully we'll get new owners who don't saddle the club with huge debt and actually give a feck, so we have don't have to keep stitching the squad up with short term fixes.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Somewhat makes sense that they were willing to announce the Eriksen injury today, if they were confident of signing a good replacement. Bad news first, which then gets overwritten by some good news.

Otherwise you surely bury Eriksen’s injury until at least tomorrow when the transfer window is closed. Why announce it now when the club could be questioned about not acting on it?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I do find it odd how many people are stating Carroll was setting out to injure. He’s an ageing striker who couldn’t tackle when he was younger, it happens.
I question your judgement if you can’t see he was out to put himself about and leave himself on players. He’s an aggressive thug, always has been.

JeffFromHK

Putting yourself about =/= setting out to injure people. It’s quite absurd that I need to point that out.
It is so obvious that his mission was to purposefully injure Man Utd player(s). He didn't do just one bad tackle, but 3. He had no intention to win the ball in any of the tackles.
He is a Newcastle boyhood fan and an ex-Liverpool player, he has the motivation to injure Man Utd player.

BlueHaze

So 3 months out give or take. Ankle injuries can be a plague for the rest of your career. He's basically out the entire season then..

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It is so obvious that his mission was to purposefully injure Man Utd player(s). He didn't do just one bad tackle, but 3. He had no intention to win the ball in any of the tackles.
He is a Newcastle boyhood fan and an ex-Liverpool player, he has the motivation to injure Man Utd player.
He's played like that his whole career, he's always been an aggressive clunky in your face player

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It’s absurd you cannot see what he was trying to do. Anyway.
Yeah it's probabaly the dumbest thing I've read on the caf lately and that's quite a high bar given the 'sell Rashford' thread.

Mailo

That the idiot never saw a card for that tackle boggles the mind. Definitely had an agenda.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
That the idiot never saw a card for that tackle boggles the mind. Definitely had an agenda.
It was a blatant scissor tackle. Then he tried to do the same to Casemiro. He's not even a midfielder - he put his team at a disadvantage by going deep just so he could do this. His whole body language when he was finally sent off was defiant. This wasn't a player on a yellow being careful. Haven't seen such a blatant attempt to get sent off since Pogba and Liverpool.

If someone can't see this then, frankly, they're stupid.

Last edited:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

sepulturite

fecking genius taking a risk on him in a game against reading. I'm sure people are going to come tell me that ETH knows more about football than me and why he's right not to rotate but feck me, he's 31, has played non stop, if it wasn't against reading, who would he be rested against? Of course given our luck, he would get that injury in the one game he was crying out to be rested in.
Jesus what an idiotic post(er) You really have it out for EtH don't you? Are you one of the ones that wanted Conte instead back in the summer?