Christian Eriksen has left Old Trafford on crutches

Cathy Ferguson

Since he played on for some time after the tackle it might not be too bad? Back in 10-14 days?

Walters_19_MuFc

Trust it to be that big prick Carroll. Pointless footballer!

Hope the injury isn't too bad. Also hoping Mainoo or Iqbal get more of a chance in Eriksen's absence.

Teja

Think Fred will do fine, not panic stations yet. I think even McTominay will look good as an #8 with Casemiro next to him.

On the other hand we're proper fecked if Casemiro gets injured.

ManRed

Trust it to be that big prick Carroll. Pointless footballer!

Hope the injury isn't too bad. Also hoping Mainoo or Iqbal get more of a chance in Eriksen's absence.
Real price. His red card challenge on Casemiro was also so late!! He was out to injure players.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Only starting to realise how long of a lay off this might be.
I couldn’t watch the game Saturday so only really caught wind that he’s on crutches.

Hope it’s a max 2 week lay off.

red_de_pologne

even 2 weeks is like 5 games already, plus ETH likes his players to come back to full fitness before playing them so could be more than that

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Reading through the picnic on this thread makes me want to take out the OP who created the thread about Eriksen not good in a midfield two...

I hope now you're happy he's injured and i hope you don't complain when we eventually struggle to breakdown park the bus teams.

Grunnn123

Today a atacking midfielder from Chelsea is going on loan to PSG?
Hakim Ziyech is a ex Ajax player who worked with Ten Hag.
He would be a good replacement for Eriksen for the reminder of the season

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Kinda gutting we are'nt able to look at getting some cover in. Just saw Jorginho to Arsenal for £12 million too, quite an astute signing for my money that.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Bit worrying we haven't heard anything yet. If it was minimal you'd have thought it would be out there by now. Hopefully I'm just being pessimistic.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bit worrying we haven't heard anything yet. If it was minimal you'd have thought it would be out there by now. Hopefully I'm just being pessimistic.
Probably the opposite tbh.

If it was major they'd have announced he's not fit for weeks. Maybe it's just a light sprain and he will be fine by next weekend?

Red_toad

Won’t hear anything until ETH’s next presser, club doesn’t generally just release injury news.

glasgow 21

As he isn't in the thread I have to say the Eriksen's injury is Antony's fault as it just is. If he had been running down the right side of the pitch and using his right foot , it would have dragged the whole of the reading team with him including Carroll resulting him in being nowhere near Eriksen to foul him. Why we spent 80mill on a player who wants to be here is beyond me.

Bertie Wooster

Probably the opposite tbh.

If it was major they'd have announced he's not fit for weeks. Maybe it's just a light sprain and he will be fine by next weekend?
Both possible scenarios are valid. As is the possibility that they still don't know for certain. Which is why it's fingers crossed time until something official comes out.

The glass half empty fear is, as the top post suggests, it's not great news but the club don't want to announce much before the end of the transfer window as there'll be huge clamour to bring in a necessary replacement which they're not going to do. Whereas if they knew it was minimal they'd have quickly put an end to any demands by confirming he won't be out for long.

The glass half full hope is that no news is good news, and they'll just acknowledge his brief absence when asked in the press conference.

Obviously 100% hoping it's the latter, but the former is also a valid concern.

Last edited:

Havak

Pokemon master
Hoping this isn't as bad as it first looked. I would expect him to miss Forest, Palace, and both matches against Leeds as a minimum. But maybe he could be back around the time we play Barcelona and Leicester? Optimistic on him making a sub appearance or something against Leicester on the 19th and then start against Barcelona at OT and in the League Cup Final.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think Fred will do fine, not panic stations yet. I think even McTominay will look good as an #8 with Casemiro next to him.

On the other hand we're proper fecked if Casemiro gets injured.
Think that is the point, Casemiro has to play with one of them, not those two together. That is a massive problem. We should have addressed that position instead of trying to turn Fred/ especially McT into something they aren't.

phelans shorts

As he isn't in the thread I have to say the Eriksen's injury is Antony's fault as it just is. If he had been running down the right side of the pitch and using his right foot , it would have dragged the whole of the reading team with him including Carroll resulting him in being nowhere near Eriksen to foul him. Why we spent 80mill on a player who wants to be here is beyond me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I really hope we're scrambling to get a midfielder in on loan. Even if this injury isn't too bad we're so light in that area already.

Abhinav

That is a big big blow. We don’t have any replacement for him in our squad.
EtH will have to modify the structure and build up of the team.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
fecking genius taking a risk on him in a game against reading. I'm sure people are going to come tell me that ETH knows more about football than me and why he's right not to rotate but feck me, he's 31, has played non stop, if it wasn't against reading, who would he be rested against? Of course given our luck, he would get that injury in the one game he was crying out to be rested in.