Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
How is he only 27? Seems like he's been around for decades and should at least be in his mid-30s :lol:

I think he'd be a success here. Experienced head amongst the youth, and think of how many more goals we'd get via Slabhead with him on set pieces. :drool:

At the moment our set pieces are wasted with Rashy trying to gigacunt them in from any distance.
Agreed. The obsession with youth is coming about again. We already have an incredibly young team, having a few players with a little more know-how isn't going to be a bad thing. Besides, we could get another 6 or 7 years out of him.

Judas

Open to offers
He could come in and be a huge success, I'm just very skeptical. Cliched but I really think its a 50/50 transfer, either a massive success or a total disaster.

sherrinford

Do not want. It just feels like it’ll be Alexis Sanchez all over again - a player that looks to have lost all his hunger and only here for the money.

Rather go for someone like Jack Grealish for that number 10 position.
I think folk need to stop looking at Eriksen as a no.10 and as more of a no.8 now.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He’s 27. Can’t have a team of 21/22 year olds that is why we aren’t consistent
Damn, he's just 27. I agree with can't only have youngsters but I'm not sure if Eriksen is the right player. And going by reports, he had the chance to come last summer but didn't want to.

tonnas

He is 27, 28 next February, it is a no brainer really and we could use the extra money for a dm./rw

3KDré

The Sanchez transfer was different. We already had 2 LWs. Sanchez also has a bit of a reputation for being selfish at Arsenal.

Eriksen is a player who is great at controlling play, something we can’t seem to do. We also have very little quality in the middle of the park. The situations aren’t the same. Of course there will be question marks, like is he good enough defensively to be an 8? But on a free, there should not be much issue in this signing. That being said, if someone like Bayern or Juve come calling surely he would choose them?

mu4c_20le

Well he doesn't rely on pace and is younger than Sanchez so he should have better resale value, as long as he actually has some pride and puts in a decent season or two. Not sure if he'd want to come though, we arent any closer to the title than Spurs at the moment. But the prospect of playing him with together with Pogba is interesting.

POF

Eriksen's motivation is key but he could be a huge game changer in this team. Number 10 is by far the weakest position in the side. He is experienced but still relatively young. He would add a significant level of creativity but still with a high work rate. He could be the creative focal point of the team.

Being Scandanavian, he's Ole's perfect signing.

RUCK4444

Outstanding player. Has lost his way over the past year but how much of that you can put down to Poch and the supposed falling out with Kane we don’t know.

We desperately need a high work rate number 10 if Pogba is not going to play there.

I would go all out in January with a very fair price, he could be the difference in clinching top four. He will help us break down defensive sides considerably, which has been our main weakness with this squad.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He is too old for Ole's plan. And he will be even older next season. If Ole signed him it would be to provide short-term fix and so far Ole has outright refused to make any such moves. If that trend continues, I would say chances of us signing Eriksen are about 2%

RUCK4444

Terrified we’ll sign him and prove we’ve learnt absolutely nothing, and this cultural reboot talk is proven to be utter shite.
I totally agree with your concern in itself, I feel sticking with the new recruitment model is vital for our progress, however, I’m not sure Eriksen falls too far outside of this. He’s still relatively young, in his prime years and his talent is obvious, if we can get him for around £35-£40 million it would be an absolute steal and allow us to throw a bit more cash at other areas of the squad.

Plus the Scandinavian connection :drool:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He’s 27. Can’t have a team of 21/22 year olds that is why we aren’t consistent
Right. Except Ole is building a team for two years from now and Eriksen will be hitting 30 by then.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The reason why Sanchez’s transfer hurt so much was because it was unexpected. Yet, somehow our fans assume that every top player not performing at his best at the moment will end up exactly like him.

Look at the most successful clubs of recent times. Juve took a gamble by signing old and underperforming Pirlo, who ended up being their best or, at least, the most important player of the decade. Liverpool signed flopped Coutinho that they later sold for a ridiculous amount etc.

Barca signing Davids, Fergie signing Larsson and even Cantona, that Leeds were get rid off... it often works, sometimes quite brilliantly. If we can sign him for free, we should go for it.

RedorDead21

The reason why Sanchez’s transfer hurt so much was because it was unexpected. Yet, somehow our fans assume that every top player not performing at his best at the moment will end up exactly like him.

Look at the most successful clubs of recent times. Juve took a gamble by signing old and underperforming Pirlo, who ended up being their best or, at least, the most important player of the decade. Liverpool signed flopped Coutinho that they later sold for a ridiculous amount etc.

Barca signing Davids, Fergie signing Larsson and even Cantona, that Leeds were get rid off... it often works, sometimes quite brilliantly. If we can sign him for free, we should go for it.
Not if its ridiculous wages ages. If it's for a reasonable wage then yeah go for it but usually, we have to offer silly money as we are not the preferred option. Thus attracting the wrong ones.

Amethystxx

For me he is the last jigsaw for Ole XI.

we need an experience top-class no.10 which can be assembled the talent of Martial, Rash, James and Greenwood.
and i haven't seen any possible other target than him.

tonnas

He's turned us down before, seemingly because he wants to play in Spain. That doesn't fit Ole's profile. Very unlikely.
if the spanish clusb do not want him he will play for other clubs, doesnt mean if we get him he wont be bothered..

Robertd0803

I would go all out in January with a very fair price, he could be the difference in clinching top four. He will help us break down defensive sides considerably, which has been our main weakness with this squad.
I agree. The cost of signing him would be offset by CL qualification surely. Even if we did go ahead and somehow sign Maddison/Grealish in the summer wheres the harm in having multiple options to choose from?

Spurs sound willing to cash in as well.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Selling Pogba and signing Eriksen for free would be excellent business tbh. Trying to fit Eriksen and Pogba in the same team would be tricky unless we played 4-3-3 and had a deep lying defensive midfielder who did all the dirty shit for Eriksen/Pogba.

izec

I can see Real or Barca picking him up, because they can. Maybe PSG as well, they like a free transfer recently and not to forget the masters Juve

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Selling Pogba and signing Eriksen for free would be excellent business tbh. Trying to fit Eriksen and Pogba in the same team would be tricky unless we played 4-3-3 and had a deep lying defensive midfielder who did all the dirty shit for Eriksen/Pogba.
I’d probably take that, at least Ole would know not to play Eriksen as one of the 2 in a 4231.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Still too expensive. In a normal market, based on this season, Eriksen is an £8m player. Considering his previous seasons, excellent injury record and premiership experience, you can quadruple that to £32m; but then you must halve it again because his contract is ending. So: £16 million in January; anything over that and we're being robbed; again.
Wtf? Okay. :lol:

dev1l

Still too expensive. In a normal market, based on this season, Eriksen is an £8m player. Considering his previous seasons, excellent injury record and premiership experience, you can quadruple that to £32m; but then you must halve it again because his contract is ending. So: £16 million in January; anything over that and we're being robbed; again.
Don't exaggerate with drinks during the festive period mate

AneRu

I totally agree with your concern in itself, I feel sticking with the new recruitment model is vital for our progress, however, I’m not sure Eriksen falls too far outside of this. He’s still relatively young, in his prime years and his talent is obvious, if we can get him for around £35-£40 million it would be an absolute steal and allow us to throw a bit more cash at other areas of the squad.

Plus the Scandinavian connection :drool:
I think of him and I see all that he could bring but then I remember Sanchez and all he was supposed to bring. But to be fair players like Zlatan, Pirlo etc have made similar moves and were instrumental for the teams that signed them even when they were no longer young guns.

If we could get Spurs to accept £30m - £40m I'd take him because the potential upside is great. Having him pulling strings behind explosive players like Rashford, James and Martial could complete our forward line.

peridigm

I think he will go elsewhere and we will sign someone else.
He doesn’t strike me as the type of player Ole wants. I also don’t think he’d want to come to United for free when other top clubs will be in for him in the summer and he can basically choose anyone of them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Guardiola said he isn't going to buy anyone as a replacement for Silva. Guess their hope is Foden proves himself capable.
I wonder if the City owners have decided to shut up shop for the time being, similar to what Roman did at Chelsea. They must be approaching their limit where FFP is concerned in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.