Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I don’t think we’d have renewed Mata’s deal if we were after Eriksen.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Pogba wages are including all the bonuses. His basic pay is 150k per week and that's before tax. It's reported by
Pogba wages are including all the bonuses. His basic pay is 150k per week and that's before tax. It's reported by Football leaks.

Hopefully you are aware of gross and net wages. Higuain earns 183k after tax whereas Pogba earns 290k per week including all bonuses and before tax.

Also Higuain was offered those wages in 2016. Pogba will earn shit loads more than that if he moves to Juve.

Hopefully you are aware of gross and net wages. Higuain earns 183k after tax whereas Pogba earns 290k per week including all bonuses and before tax.
Of course I understand, that's why I took the 45% off Pogbas total gross, that's you being shitty again. :lol:

You have just posted eactly what I said, Higuain is on 183K a week net, currently Pogba's around £160K a week, not really a shit load of difference.

If, like you say Pogba's hypothetical new weekly wage is £350K (with bonuses) a week his net weekly salary will be £192K a week, so more than Higuain. Again you said Juve will pay a shit load more, I don't see it.

acnumber9

Hey if you think you’re closer to winning the league or the CL than Spurs that’s cool. I don’t.
Is that what I said? Neither are close. The point is if you’re winning feck all anyway then you might as well make more money. And unlike Spurs, Utd have actually won trophies in the last ten years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Of course I understand, that's why I took the 45% off Pogbas total gross, that's you being shitty again. :lol:

You have just posted eactly what I said, Higuain is on 183K a week net, currently Pogba's around £160K a week, not really a shit load of difference.

If, like you say Pogba's hypothetical new weekly wage is £350K (with bonuses) a week his net weekly salary will be £192K a week, so more than Higuain. Again you said Juve will pay a shit load more, I don't see it.
Juventus paid that to Higuain in 2016. This is 2019 and see the wages De Ligt got. And again Pogba wages are including every possible bonus.

It's hard to spoon feed everything, nothing to do with being shitty. Bit of goggle will help a lot in arguments.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Is that what I said? Neither are close. The point is if you’re winning feck all anyway then you might as well make more money. And unlike Spurs, Utd have actually won trophies in the last ten years.
Did I dream Spurs getting to the CL final last season? Is that not close? - What, other than winning it, could be closer than getting to the final?

acnumber9

Here’s the thing. I’m not acting like Spurs are the be all end all.

It’s just no one has yet to make an argument on why or how United are in a better position than Spurs to win a major honour.

The only thing I’ve seen so far is the classic trope “you haven’t won a trophy” which isn’t really the argument.

Can anyone explain to me how United are in a better position for the league or CL than Spurs because I don’t think Eriksen gives a toss about a league cup or winning the Europa League.
If he gave a toss about winning anything why did he go to Spurs?

Nick7

Did I dream Spurs getting to the CL final last season? Is that not close? - What, other than winning it, could be closer than getting to the final?
Lasting longer than 2 minutes with a clean sheet?

sorry, I actually agree with you, I just couldn't help myself.

acnumber9

That was last season and they didn’t win it. Utd have finished closer to winning the league than Spurs have in the last two seasons but it means nothing.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That was last season and they didn’t win it. Utd have finished closer to winning the league than Spurs have in the last two seasons but it means nothing.
What other than last season can we judge then? Are we to judge based on next season which hasnt happened yet? Help me out here - Spurs are not close to winning a competition that they got to the final in because that was last season and means nothing? Is that the logic here?

Also Utd came closer to winning the league by ending up with less points? I'm scratching my head on this post sorry.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It was the first UCL final in your history, lets see if Spurs can make getting to SF's a regular occurrence (let alone the final) before you start dining out on Spurs being a UCL contender eh?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It was the first UCL final in your history, lets see if Spurs can make getting to SF's a regular occurrence (let alone the final) before you start dining out on Spurs being a UCL contender eh?
Fine - but lets not also completely ignore we got to a CL final and dismiss it utterly as if it's a minor inconvenience when making an argument that we are nowhere near winning it. It does rather make the argument a tad weak.

acnumber9

What other than last season can we judge then? Are we to judge based on next season which hasnt happened yet? Help me out here - Spurs are not close to winning a competition that they got to the final in because that was last season and means nothing? Is that the logic here?

Also Utd came closer to winning the league by ending up with less points? I'm scratching my head on this post sorry.
Yes because there are a number of teams who are better than Spurs and football doesn’t follow a linear path. Borussia Dortmund got to the final in 2013, does it amaze you that somebody would think they wouldn’t get close to winning it after that? Have they?

Over the course of the last two seasons United have finished second. Spurs highest position was third. So in the last two seasons Utd have been closer to winning the league. Is that simple enough? This time last year did you believe Utd were more likely to win the league than Spurs? After all you could only go on the season that went before it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
:lol: wow that's something else. Don't get me wrong I liked Carrick and think he was a very good player but let's get real here, your claim is laughable.
I don't understand what's laughable about that at all. Carrick was incredible and continues to be underrated. Consistently brilliant - I guess for certain fans you won't get truly recognised unless you are a flashy player.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes because there are a number of teams who are better than Spurs and football doesn’t follow a linear path. Borussia Dortmund got to the final in 2013, does it amaze you that somebody would think they wouldn’t get close to winning it after that? Have they?

Over the course of the last two seasons United have finished second. Spurs highest position was third. So in the last two seasons Utd have been closer to winning the league. Is that simple enough? This time last year did you believe Utd were more likely to win the league than Spurs? After all you could only go on the season that went before it.
Ok so you are allowed to use results from 2 years ago to validate your argument but I am unable to use results from last year because that was last year and therefore irrelevant? That seems fair?

Also you using Dortmond as a comparison case with the benefit of hindsight and the knowledge that they did not follow it up with regular success in CL - we don't have hindsight in this case and we don't know what might happen - my view is that Spurs are in a much stronger position than Dortmond to kick on and become a team that regularly goes far in the CL and will be a potential winner - only time will prove either of us right or wrong.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Juventus paid that to Higuain in 2016. This is 2019 and see the wages De Ligt got. And again Pogba wages are including every possible bonus.

It's hard to spoon feed everything, nothing to do with being shitty. Bit of goggle will help a lot in arguments.
Mate there is no need to be ignorant, and you paid the salary we are talking about to Pogba in 2016 so what your point? In 2016 Higuain was at his peak and Pogba was still to reach it, anyway I wasn't aware we were having an argument but sure.

Anyway our "debate" was about who paid the most wages. Statistically, by published financial reports (in 2017-18) United are only second to Barcalona on wages. But wait you response will be that the other clubs are all fiddling :lol:.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't understand what's laughable about that at all. Carrick was incredible and continues to be underrated. Consistently brilliant - I guess for certain fans you won't get truly recognised unless you are a flashy player.
I liked Carrick and agree he was underrated and an excellent player - I don't think he was as good a player as Eriksen though - it's a bit of a pointless exercise anyway as they played in different positions.

acnumber9

Ok so you are allowed to use results from 2 years ago to validate your argument but I am unable to use results from last year because that was last year and therefore irrelevant? That seems fair?

Also you using Dortmond as a comparison case with the benefit of hindsight and the knowledge that they did not follow it up with regular success in CL - we don't have hindsight in this case and we don't know what might happen - my arguement is that Spurs are in a much stronger position than Dortmond to kick on and become a team that regularly goes far in the CL and will be a potential winner - only time will prove either of us right or wrong.
I’m not using them to make an argument. I’m using it to show why your argument is pointless. This time last year Utd were closer to winning the league than Spurs. Did that make you think they were more likely to win it than Spurs?

I’m using it to illustrate that getting to the final doesn’t make you likely to win it in the near future. It’s one example, I could provide more if you’d like. I’m suggesting that a team that scraped out of their group because Inter Milan failed to win at home to PSV and were very fortunate in the quarters and semi finals may not enjoy such fortune again. I’m suggesting that a team that has got progressively worse over the last two seasons may have peaked. A lot will obviously depend on how Spurs strengthen but they aren’t the only team looking to do so.

AgentP

I don't think there is anything here guys. Spurs would prefer to sell him abroad and even Eriksen would prefer that or moving to a team like City rather than coming here. I can see him moving to Juventus on a free next year. At this stage of his career, he'll be looking to win trophies and let's be honest, it doesn't seem like we'll be winning any important ones for the next few years at least.

roonster09

Scout
Mate there is no need to be ignorant, and you paid the salary we are talking about to Pogba in 2016 so what your point? In 2016 Higuain was at his peak and Pogba was still to reach it, anyway I wasn't aware we were having an argument but sure.

Anyway our "debate" was about who paid the most wages. Statistically, by published financial reports (in 2018) United are only second to Barcalona on wages. But wait you response will be that the other clubs are all fiddling :lol:.
:lol: Irony just died.

Yes Pogba contract was in 2016, Higuain contract was in 2016. Juventus paid more to Higuain than Manutd paid for Pogba but somehow Juventus won't pay more than 350K wages in 2019 when they paid more than 350K (or close to that) to Higuain back in 2016 :lol: (only god knows how Pogba signing contract in 2016 is relevant here, but whatever)

Team total wages has nothing to do with this. This is which clubs can pay huge wages to Pogba. Not which team paid the most wages in total.

Hilarious how De Ligt is casually dropped, was he at this peak too?

SATA

Spurs fans vs United fans here

Leicester fans vs United fans in the Maguire thread

Tedious that opposition fans would come on here to defend their players vehemently when surely you would expect a bit of bias on a United board here. It cracks me up as well

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
:lol: Irony just died.

Yes Pogba contract was in 2016, Higuain contract was in 2016. Juventus paid more to Higuain than Manutd paid for Pogba but somehow Juventus won't pay more than 350K wages in 2019 when they paid more than 350K (or close to that) to Higuain back in 2016 :lol: (only god knows how Pogba signing contract in 2016 is relevant here, but whatever)

Team total wages has nothing to do with this. This is which clubs can pay huge wages to Pogba. Not which team paid the most wages in total.

Hilarious how De Ligt is casually dropped, was he at this peak too?
I have said what de Ligt is reportedly getting paid.. how was he dropped? Your saying Juve would pay Pogba, shit loads more than what United could, you have yet to show me anything if this "shit loads".

You are aware being ignorant does have 2 meanings? I wasn't calling you stupid, like you are calling me, I am calling you rude.

Redderp

Eriksen seems to have been dropping deeper anyway lately. I'm curious if the Spurs fans think he would be good deeper in midfield controlling the tempo of the game? Because that is what we need most in midfield to allow Pogba to go further ahead. Not saying this would even happen though.
Eriksen can play in a midfield 3 in a 4-3-3. Or he can play as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 or on the left or right. He can’t play CM in a two man midfield. He has only done it late in games when Spurs need a goal.

He has actually mostly played on the right for Spurs, but he roams a lot. He can’t dribble or get past a defender at all on the wings, he is too slow for that. But he has a great delivery, very reminiscent of Beckham. They sorta have the same way of crossing the ball. Of course not on the same level as Beckham, but more in the way of how they deliver the ball.

He will often drop deep to collect the ball and be a part of the midfield. So it was Sissoko, Winks and Eriksen in midfield and Kane, Dele Alli and Son in front.

He has also played on the left CM in a diamond formation.

He has actually very rarely played behind Kane in the classic CAM/no. 10 role. Dele Alli and Lucas play that role. Alli as a CAM or SS and Lucas in a more striker like role.

The good thing about Eriksen is he is very versatile, because he is two footed and runs a lot. So he will often press high up the pitch or get back to plug holes. The bad thing is that he can’t tackle to save his life. He is probably one of the worst tacklers in the league and he will not get stuck in. On the other hand he is rarely injured because of it.

I can easily see him play in a midfield 3 with Pogba and McTominay or on the right if we want to use Pogba or Lingard/Rashford in CAM. He can definitely help us control games and allow Pogba more freedom. With so many needs and not looking like we will buy many players, having a versatile player like Eriksen would make it a lot easier for OGS to field a competitive team.

Reactions: roonster09

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Tedious that opposition fans would come on here to defend their players vehemently when surely you would expect a bit of bias on a United board here. It cracks me up as well
I would call it a compliment to the Caf to be honest.

roonster09

Scout
I have said what de Ligt is reportedly getting paid.. how was he dropped? Your saying Juve would pay Pogba, shit loads more than what United could, you have yet to show me anything if this shit loads.

You are aware being ignorant, does have 2 meanings? I wasn't calling you stupid, like you are calling me, I am calling you rude.
Where did i call you stupid?

I'm yet to show how Pobga would be paid shit loads more than what he is on at ManUtd? (when the number you used was 350k per week) :lol:

fecking hell, everything flies over your head. Google how much Higuain is on, when he signed that contract. How much De Ligt is on including bonuses, google how much Pogba is on including all the bonuses and then decide yourself whether Juventus can pay 350K per week to Pogba.

Bestietom

I don't think there is anything here guys. Spurs would prefer to sell him abroad and even Eriksen would prefer that or moving to a team like City rather than coming here. I can see him moving to Juventus on a free next year. At this stage of his career, he'll be looking to win trophies and let's be honest, it doesn't seem like we'll be winning any important ones for the next few years at least.
When Moyes was here and we brought in Fellaini for 27.5 million , we could have had Eriksen and Strootman for less. Eriksen wanted to come here then.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Where did i call you stupid?

I'm yet to show how Pobga would be paid shit loads more than what he is on at ManUtd? (when the number you used was 350k per week) :lol:

fecking hell, everything flies over your head. Google how much Higuain is on, when he signed that contract. How much De Ligt is on including bonuses, google how much Pogba is on including all the bonuses and then decide yourself whether Juventus can pay 350K per week to Pogba.
Really? :lol:

I'm not saying they cant, I am saying they wont pay him shitloads more than United will, like you said they would.

Last edited:

Alemar

How much could Andreas Pereira cost in this market? If Eriksen joins, it totally blocks Andreas out of the squad as he is in the similar mould and has same traits, but with Eriksen being much much better - so we then might recoup some money via Pereira sale

roonster09

Scout
Wow he dressed differently :lol:

He didn't miss training without permission, Ole gave him permission to join late.

Clubs who can afford him, so obvious I wasn't talking about clubs like Spurs. How many clubs can afford Pogba? Madrid, Barca, PSG, Juventus and all of them will pay him shit loads in wages.
Really? :lol:

I'm not saying they cant, I am saying they wont pay him shitloads more than United will, like you said they would.
:lol: Where did I say they will pay shitloads more than ManUtd? I said they will pay shit loads in wages and more than 350K which Higuain got in 2016 and De Ligt earns much more than that in 2019.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

It's starting to sound a bit more like some other red northern neighbours.

I've been waiting to read "next year will be our year".

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
:lol: Where did I say they will pay shitloads more than ManUtd? I said they will pay shit loads in wages and more than 350K which Higuain got in 2016 and De Ligt earns much more than that in 2019.
I meant there aren't a shitload of clubs who could, we then decided maybe 4 at a push then we seemed to get on to Juve wage structure. I still don't think Juve could offer a wage that United wouldn't be able to match, what are the clauses for De Ligts bonuses? Probably not the thread for this.

roonster09

Scout
I meant there aren't a shitload of clubs who could, we then decided maybe 4 at a push then we seemed to get on to Juve wage structure. I still don't think Juve could offer a wage that United wouldn't be able to match, what are the clauses for De Ligts bonuses? Probably not the thread for this.
Argument was if Pogba leaves who can offer him wages. There are few who can afford him and they will offer him whatever wages ManUtd can and also can offer him chance to compete at highest level.

It's not argument about whether ManUtd can match the wages, this was never in discussion. It's about Pogba and who can offer him wages that Manutd can. All the top teams in top 5 teams can and will offer him shit loads in wages if they can agree fee with Manutd.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Higuain is on €7.5m/year after tax. That's ~€15m gross with italian tax rate. In pounds that makes it ~£130k a week after tax. Pogba's current £290k a week before tax rounds up to around £8m/year after tax. In € and with italian tax rate it would cost juventus €18m a year to match it.

That said, Juventus would absolutely smash their wage structure for Pogba, just like they did for De Ligt and Cristiano.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
@Vault Dweller i'm changing to this one, much better player than Bruno, and a lot more muppet potential. :lol:

roonster09

Scout
Higuain is on €7.5m/year after tax. That's ~€15m gross with italian tax rate. In pounds that makes it ~£130k a week after tax. Pogba's current £290k a week before tax rounds up to around £8m/year after tax. In € and with italian tax rate it would cost juventus €18m a year to match it.

That said, Juventus would absolutely smash their wage structure for Pogba, just like they did for De Ligt and Cristiano.
7.5 million plus bonuses.

Also my mistake, I checked his Milan wages and assumed that's his Juventus wages too. Looks like they gave him bigger contract than Juventus to play for them.

mav_9me

I would love for us to get Eriksen but I think this is just the usual bs

acnumber9

It's starting to sound a bit more like some other red northern neighbours.

I've been waiting to read "next year will be our year".
Seems to be Spurs fans doing that. You haven’t paid much attention if you haven’t seen all the whining about our club this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.