Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Seems to be Spurs fans doing that. You haven’t paid much attention if you haven’t seen all the whining about our club this summer.
No I have which is why I find this new sense of arrogance surprising.

Although no one ever was ever able to say why United are in a better position to win the top trophies other than "lol Spurs have no trophies".

AgentP

When Moyes was here and we brought in Fellaini for 27.5 million , we could have had Eriksen and Strootman for less. Eriksen wanted to come here then.
Our whole transfer strategy is a mess since Woodward took over. The frequent manager changes haven't helped either. The need for a DoF can't be stressed enough.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
7.5 million plus bonuses.

Also my mistake, I checked his Milan wages and assumed that's his Juventus wages too. Looks like they gave him bigger contract than Juventus to play for them.
No bonuses but you're correct in that he got a raise when he moved to milan apparently. Also why they're desperate to flog him off now

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No bonuses but you're correct in that he got a raise when he moved to milan apparently. Also why they're desperate to flog him off now
I read it in Football Italia. 7.5 million plus bonuses + image rights.

Anyways that's a minor point in grand scheme of things. Juve are loaded and can pay shit loads in wages.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I read it in Football Italia. 7.5 million plus bonuses + image rights.

Anyways that's a minor point in grand scheme of things. Juve are loaded and can pay shit loads in wages.
They're reeeeeeeealy stretched to the limits apparently. Still, they're on the player so wages can't be an issue

acnumber9

No I have which is why I find this new sense of arrogance surprising.

Although no one ever was ever able to say why United are in a better position to win the top trophies other than "lol Spurs have no trophies".
Well there’s not a lot between the two teams. An argument could made that by moving to Utd he weakens Spurs and strengthens Utd and automatically making them more likely. As it stands both have to work to do to get close. In the hypothetical scenario where Utd signed Eriksen then they would be closer.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
All this fuss over so little substance. Let's be honest, we're not getting Eriksen this summer. Imagine dealing with Levy with 2 weeks left in the window, having taken all summer trying and failing to get a Leicester player?

Alemar

Imagine dealing with Levy with 2 weeks left in the window, having taken all summer trying and failing to get a Leicester player?
Imagine being Levy then. Eriksen to pursue a Wilshere route a huge possibility, transfer window closes soon, Real Madrid isn't calling. What to do?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
According to a number of media reports issued today, Christian Eriksen is available for £70 million.

If God is a United fan, he will make this dream a reality.

Teja

He's 27, PL Proven and class. 70m on Eriksen instead of Maguire please Woody.

LonelyFire

Why would Eriksen leave Spurs to go to Utd right now? It certainly wouldn’t be for footballing reasons.

Harsh reality for us fans but Utd are nowhere near Spurs from a pure footballing perspective right now. That’s what happens after years of decision making based on the off the pitch matters.

At his age, Utd would be a stupid move and solely motivated by money.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Imagine being Levy then. Eriksen to pursue a Wilshere route a huge possibility, transfer window closes soon, Real Madrid isn't calling. What to do?
All his posturing aside, I think if you offered Levy 40M a few days before the deadline, he'd bite your hand off to accept, assuming that the club had a replacement like Lo Celso lined up.

Spurs don't have the money to just let a 40M go for nothing and Levy is smart enough to know it. They have debt payments on the new stadium, they're probably going to have to buy two new CBs next summer after Vertonghen and Alderweireld leave on frees, and realistically they're likely to be in a fight for CL qualification again with United, Arsenal, and Chelsea.

I am skeptical, however, about Eriksen wanting to join, unless you're offering simply massive wages. He only has to wait five months and he can start negotiating a free transfer with any team in the world and we know that the lack of a transfer fee will be reflected in a big wage bump for him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
According to a number of media reports issued today, Christian Eriksen is available for £70 million.

If God is a United fan, he will make this dream a reality.
Add £20M for you lot, and I would say he might listen, all depends on Eriksen really. If like he says he would be prepared to sign a new contract, he will. We wouldn't have offeed him one if it was a no go.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
All his posturing aside, I think if you offered Levy 40M a few days before the deadline, he'd bite your hand off to accept, assuming that the club had a replacement like Lo Celso lined up.

Spurs don't have the money to just let a 40M go for nothing and Levy is smart enough to know it. They have debt payments on the new stadium, they're probably going to have to buy two new CBs next summer after Vertonghen and Alderweireld leave on frees, and realistically they're likely to be in a fight for CL qualification again with United, Arsenal, and Chelsea.

I am skeptical, however, about Eriksen wanting to join, unless you're offering simply massive wages. He only has to wait five months and he can start negotiating a free transfer with any team in the world and we know that the lack of a transfer fee will be reflected in a big wage bump for him.
Eriksen isn’t going for nothing.

He’s already intimated that if his move (to Real Madrid) doesn’t happen he’ll sign a new contract.

Selling him for 40 would be crazy.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
So you think he would rather give it up for free next year? Not many takers around as of yet, and what will he do if there is no queue in a weeks time?
There is always January?? I highly doubt, that if it comes to it there wont be a few offers for Eriksen as always Im pretty sure clubs, United maybe one have asked Eriksen's agent if he would be interested in them and what his wages would be, the results of these conversations will influence if a bid comes in or not, it doesn't work like bid first and all the negations after. A player of his quality will always attract attention, I would actually be more worried if we were fielding bids from 3-4 teams as that would imply to me Eriksen has said "I want to talk to them".

If you want me to be truly honest in my opinion if Eriksen was willing to listen to offers from a few clubs he will simply run down his contract for the last year and cash in next year like Ramsey. You act like if a bid does come in Eriksen would immediately accept it, he could say no. I think this is what Toby is doing.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well there’s not a lot between the two teams. An argument could made that by moving to Utd he weakens Spurs and strengthens Utd and automatically making them more likely. As it stands both have to work to do to get close. In the hypothetical scenario where Utd signed Eriksen then they would be closer.
Just so long as Eriksen doesn’t read the paper or watch football related news.

United have been a shambles from an organization stand point top to bottom. Managers constantly being thrown under the bus, look lost and directionless in the transfer market, etc.

Spurs are quite a stable prospect and are constantly looking on the up.

Aside from money going to United is far riskier than staying at Spurs.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Add £20M for you lot, and I would say he might listen, all depends on Eriksen really. If like he says he would be prepared to sign a new contract, he will. We wouldn't have offeed him one if it was a no go.
£90 million for a player approaching the end of his contract and has been reluctant(?) to sign a new one, seems a little excessive. I thought £70 million was stretch.

Then again, this is Daniel Levy we're talking about and Ed Woodward is hardly 'shrewd' when it comes to the negotiating of transfer fees, so who knows.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
£90 million for a player approaching the end of his contract and has been reluctant(?) to sign a new one, seems a little excessive. I thought £70 million was stretch.

Then again, this is Daniel Levy we're talking about and Ed Woodward is hardly 'shrewd' when it comes to the negotiating of transfer fees, so who knows.
This is precisely it, none of have a fecking baldy clue whats going on, but some of us talk like we do :lol:.

Art Vandelay

I don't think it's excessive given Eriksen's quality. Hazard went for similar and Eriksen is one of the best players in the league going to a league rival.

Alemar

If you want me to be truly honest in my opinion if Eriksen was willing to listen to offers from a few clubs he will simply run down his contract for the last year and cash in next year like Ramsey. You act like if a bid does come in Eriksen would immediately accept it, he could say no. I think this is what Toby is doing.
Certainly, if some club plans to offer him say 250k/w wage at this point, Eriksen wouldn't even bother to respond to the email as he will be looking for 400+ next year. But if there will be a respectable wage offer on the table, why not?

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Eriksen isn’t going for nothing.

He’s already intimated that if his move (to Real Madrid) doesn’t happen he’ll sign a new contract.

Selling him for 40 would be crazy.
We will see.

In my view, the least likely outcome is just signing a new contract with Spurs this summer. Why not wait five months until he has more leverage and can sign an extremely lucrative pre-contract with anyone? He has been stalling on signing a new contract for at least a year so he has clearly been OK running the risk of injury.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't think it's excessive given Eriksen's quality. Hazard went for similar and Eriksen is one of the best players in the league going to a league rival.
Don't get me wrong, I think Eriksen would be worth every last cent of that £90 million and then some.

For me, he's the best central attacking-midfielder in the Premier League.

marktan

If people moan about Pogba, wonder how much they'd moan about Eriksen?

World of difference between having Son, Kane, Moira, Alli etc up front Vs Lingard, Rashford, Martial and Mata.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Don't get me wrong, I think Eriksen would be worth every last cent of that £90 million and then some.

For me, he's the best central attacking-midfielder in the Premier League.
Better than David Silva and De Bruyne? :eek:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Certainly, if some club plans to offer him say 250k/w wage at this point, Eriksen wouldn't even bother to respond to the email as he will be looking for 400+ next year. But if there will be a respectable wage offer on the table, why not?
I don't think its as black and white as that, if it was all about money for Eriksen he would have left us long ago, when questioned about his future he seemed to imply he know where he wants to go and if he doesn't get that he would consider staying. If we as a club didn't think there was any chance retaining him we would not go to the bother of offering him a new contract.

We are 2 weeks away from the window closing and there has not been one bid for him. Apparently Athletico were interested but either we said no, or Eriksen did. I honestly don't think United are even interested in him. its simply the media using United for clicks, I mean how many people were linked today? 4, 5?

passing-wind

Clutching at straws, we aren't signing Eriksen and the link likely comes from his camp to ultimately force Madrid's hand in my opinion.

It is completely feasible that he will not renew his contract, he's in that last few years as a top professional, it would be a financial loss for him to extend his stay at Spurs. This is all nonsense we have heard from more reputable sources that Fernandes is the midfield target alongside Maguire / Longstaff.

acnumber9

Spurs are quite a stable prospect and are constantly looking on the up.
Except for in the league where they’ve actually been deteriorating. Spurs are stable for as long as their manager remains. There’s no telling when that could change.

Alemar

I honestly don't think United are even interested in him.
But if you agree that Man Utd is interested in an attacking midfielder per se (it should be relatively obvious that we are), then there are simply not many better players available in the world of football.

If he is available (likely) and wants to join us (that’s a bigger “if”) - certainly the club would rather buy him than Bruno Fernandes or SMS.

GM K

Be Eriksen for a minute.

Would you want to join Manchester United right now?

I mean right now not 5 years ago or even a year ago.

As a fan, it is sad to say but I think not.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
But if you agree that Man Utd is interested in an attacking midfielder per se (it should be relatively obvious that we are), then there are simply not many better players available in the world of football.

If he is available (likely) and wants to join us (that’s a bigger “if”) - certainly the club would rather buy him than Bruno Fernandes or SMS.
I agree with all of that but if he is like you say, one of the best in the world? Where are the bids? In my opinion Eriksen has said to most, he isn’t interested and is waiting on Madrid. That’s how I see it.

Art Vandelay

I don't think its as black and white as that, if it was all about money for Eriksen he would have left us long ago, when questioned about his future he seemed to imply he know where he wants to go and if he doesn't get that he would consider staying. If we as a club didn't think there was any chance retaining him we would not go to the bother of offering him a new contract.

We are 2 weeks away from the window closing and there has not been one bid for him. Apparently Athletico were interested but either we said no, or Eriksen did. I honestly don't think United are even interested in him. its simply the media using United for clicks, I mean how many people were linked today? 4, 5?
And we're buying all of them! Watch what you say or Ed will buy you too.

It seems obvious we are interested in an attacking midfielder, it's a bit worrying though we don't seem to have an actual solid target for the position or can't seem to move forward on any one because they depend on other factors. It's a bit of a mess really.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
If people moan about Pogba, wonder how much they'd moan about Eriksen?

World of difference between having Son, Kane, Moira, Alli etc up front Vs Lingard, Rashford, Martial and Mata.
He's much better at retaining possession than Pogba (though the reverse of that is that Pogba takes more risks) and works a lot harder off the ball, so actually a lot of what Pogba gets criticised for doesn't apply to Eriksen, who is a playmaker but runs his ass off even when he's not playing well.

What he does share with Pogba though (imo) is inconsistency. Eriksen can go from running the show and being an absolute joy to watch for 10 games or so, and then have a period where he's simply not having that big impact on games that you want from your star creative threat. Last season we saw far too much of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.