Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Why don't you want the guy? Sure he would displace Dele Alli in your starting XI (or plays instead of Eriksen should he leave)
Of course I would want him and yeah, he's in a different league to Alli right now.

We're just not making that signing, it doesn't suit our profile whatsoever. He'd come on huge wages (probably would want to match the highest earner at the club, minimum) and even with Eriksen going the other way would likely cost more money on top.

Ander herrera the warrior

Mate honestly do you know how many times we have heard that? Poch leaving, joining United, Bale leaving joining United, Modric leaving joining United, Kane couldn’t turn us down joining United, wouldn’t mind Son joining United, hell I have even heard fans asking for Levy to.... join United (I jest but I did see it). The truth is, if you want to improve and weaken a title shot, you need to target City. Plain and simple, you aren’t.

The last player you got from us was how long ago? And how much effort did United have to put in?
More than the players I would love if Levy joins our club. The man is brilliant. Just look at the clause set on players like Toby and Eriksen. No one wants to activate it meaning his valuation is so spot on.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If it happens I'll never say a word against Levy again.

But I just can't see it happening, at all. Would be a total departure from our general transfer strategy.
I think the interest is legitimate, I think it will only happen with Eriksen leaving. I think it’s Poch driven, but with Juve’s transfers this season I can see why they would sell him. It would be a massive coup if it did happen. It’s too random to be just twaddle. I should have used bullet points.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I think the interest is legitimate, I think it will only happen with Eriksen leaving. I think it’s Poch driven, but with Juve’s transfers this season I can see why they would sell him. It would be a massive coup if it did happen. It’s too random to be just twaddle. I should have used bullet points.
Haven't seen any solid links, to my mind it's just another one of those random transfer stories that buzz around. Maybe an enquiry or two was made but I can't see it happening.

Would be absolutely massive if it did though and would be a huge statement.

Johan07

Isnt Dybala at like 135k net at Juve? That would require Spurs to pay him 250 k plus at least (he is not moving without a pay-hike also, so maybe around 300kplus?)
He is a good player though, would be an addition to the PL for sure.

Last edited:

UpWithRivers

Another great player like Coutinho, James,Dybala etc that have suffered from the modern game. In the right system he is one of the best. 10 assists every year guaranteed. But he lacks the explosiveness to evade the press and doesn't score enough as one of the front 3. Still better than what we have but only at the right price which Levy wont do. Let's agree with him behind the scenes for a pre contract in Jan

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If it happens I'll never say a word against Levy again.

But I just can't see it happening, at all. Would be a total departure from our general transfer strategy.
If you sell Eriksen to an English club or Real, you would probably sell him for as much as you'd buy Dybala for. Maybe the links are surfacing because Spurs already know Erisken is leaving and our trying to finalize a replacement before letting him go.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If you sell Eriksen to an English club or Real, you would probably sell him for as much as you'd buy Dybala for. Maybe the links are surfacing because Spurs already know Erisken is leaving and our trying to finalize a replacement before letting him go.
Certainly wouldn't be a bad bit of business.

Ballist1x

It's so sad, if we sign Eriksen and Spurs buy Dybala I guarantee well be knocking at their door offering 120m fir Dybala as we struggle to shift Eriksen for 50% of whatever we buy him for.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's so sad, if we sign Eriksen and Spurs buy Dybala I guarantee well be knocking at their door offering 120m fir Dybala as we struggle to shift Eriksen for 50% of whatever we buy him for.
Where does this shit come from?

Eriksen is a fantastic player and if (you won't) you signed him he'd be very effective for you. It would give you two of the best midfielders in the league.

Honestly if you offered me Eriksen on another five years of contract or signing Dybala as a replacement I'd go with the former.

Ballist1x

Where does this shit come from?

Eriksen is a fantastic player and if (you won't) you signed him he'd be very effective for you. It would give you two of the best midfielders in the league.

Honestly if you offered me Eriksen on another five years of contract or signing Dybala as a replacement I'd go with the former.

Not being funny but Eriksen while good can be signed on a free next year if needed.

Why anyone would entertain a 70m fee is madness.

Dybala is younger, in my opinion, better.

Spurs have had all of Eriksen's best years, fairplay. Its downhill from here.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Not being funny but Eriksen while good can be signed on a free next year if needed.

Why anyone would entertain a 70m fee is madness.

Dybala is younger, in my opinion, better.

Spurs have had all of Eriksen's best years, fairplay. Its downhill from here.
Well yeah .. but that has nothing to do with what you posted. The idea that you'd be struggling to shift Eriksen (why would you want rid anyway? you buy a player to play him not sell him on..) for 35m or so is a joke. Maybe 4-5 years down the line that'll be the case but like .. you've got 4-5 good seasons then, so who cares?

That's your opinion. Mine is that Dybala has done nothing to prove he's better than Eriksen. I think they're a similar calibre of player but Eriksen is more adaptable whereas it can be quite difficult to work Dybala in to a team.

What the feck is it with this forum and age. All his best years? He's a creative midfielder at the age of 27. That is not old and it's very likely he can go on for another 6 or even 7 years at the top level, David Silva is 33 and still bossing it for Manchester City. Eriksen does not rely on pace or physicality as a key part of his game, many in his position actually mature/peak a little later as they become more tactically aware. We're not talking a speedster on the wing or an all action right back.

Sterling Archer

These are all win-win solutions for Spurs, United, regardless of who goes where specifically both are fantastic players.

My biggest concern as a United fan is getting neither and then missing Bruno, who I'm guessing is a backup. Because Ed.

Judas

Open to offers
Why would we worry about his resale value? When did such a small team thing become important to Utd fans. It's weird.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well yeah .. but that has nothing to do with what you posted. The idea that you'd be struggling to shift Eriksen (why would you want rid anyway? you buy a player to play him not sell him on..) for 35m or so is a joke. Maybe 4-5 years down the line that'll be the case but like .. you've got 4-5 good seasons then, so who cares?

That's your opinion. Mine is that Dybala has done nothing to prove he's better than Eriksen. I think they're a similar calibre of player but Eriksen is more adaptable whereas it can be quite difficult to work Dybala in to a team.

What the feck is it with this forum and age. All his best years? He's a creative midfielder at the age of 27. That is not old and it's very likely he can go on for another 6 or even 7 years at the top level, David Silva is 33 and still bossing it for Manchester City. Eriksen does not rely on pace or physicality as a key part of his game, many in his position actually mature/peak a little later as they become more tactically aware. We're not talking a speedster on the wing or an all action right back.
27 is 30 in 3 years though mate.
And because Sanchez and Rooney had dropped monumentally by that age, there's a chance anyone else will do.

Got it? :wenger:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
And because Sanchez and Rooney had dropped monumentally by that age, there's a chance anyone else will do.

Ah yeah you're right, he's basically broken down already. Get rid Levy.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Eriksen's game is likely to transfer well as he gets older. It was never going to be easy for players like Sanchez when they get on.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Eriksen's game is likely to transfer well as he gets older. It was never going to be easy for players like Sanchez when they get on.
I'm pretty sure @Sandikan wasn't being serious to be fair.

But even with Sanchez he's clearly an exception rather than the rule. Even explosive players can go on past 30 and still be effective, it's 2019 so players playing at the top of their game in their early thirties shouldn't be something new, especially the ones who have the work ethic and intelligence to adapt a bit. Cristiano Ronaldo obviously being the prime example of that.

But yeah, the discussion isn't even really relevant about Eriksen yet. He's 27 i.e in his prime and not old. Like you say with his position players are very capable of eeking out a few more years as well because they're more reliant on their technical tools. The best team in the country have two cm's who are 33 and 34 (silva and fernandinho) and they're two of the best around, the latter of which is still a work horse because again .. with modern nutrition and physical training, players can play on well in to their thirties.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm pretty sure @Sandikan wasn't being serious to be fair.

But even with Sanchez he's clearly an exception rather than the rule. Even explosive players can go on past 30 and still be effective, it's 2019 so players playing at the top of their game in their early thirties shouldn't be something new, especially the ones who have the work ethic and intelligence to adapt a bit. Cristiano Ronaldo obviously being the prime example of that.

But yeah, the discussion isn't even really relevant about Eriksen yet. He's 27 i.e in his prime and not old. Like you say with his position players are very capable of eeking out a few more years as well because they're more reliant on their technical tools. The best team in the country have two cm's who are 33 and 34 (silva and fernandinho) and they're two of the best around, the latter of which is still a work horse because again .. with modern nutrition and physical training, players can play on well in to their thirties.
Go on then, we'll take him.
Provides some competition for Mata and Lingardinho.

Fer

I rate Eriksen above Fernandes and Milenkovic-Savic, but we are not going to sign him. Too good to be true.

BananaIceman

There are a hell of a lot of United fans who simply was Pogba gone, not because of his performances but how he is disrespecting the club and also because of who his agent is.

As for Eriksen moving for money? I don’t really see it, especially as it’s RM he wasn’t to move too, he won’t get that much more there than we would be offering him IMO. Probably £180-£200k a week, he wants a move for prestige and trophies, the reason he hasn’t moved is because RM, and more importantly ZZ want Pogba.
Wanting a player to leave for disrespecting the club is a valid reason. I guess you don't care about that as long as the player performs (which Pogba certainly hasn't done). But I guess that's the difference between the two clubs's level of prestige.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Cant believe he is still at Spurs, he's way too good for them.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I am surprised at the lack of noise around Eriksen's potential transfer, which perhaps indicates he may be signing a new deal at Spurs?

Sure, there were a few links early in the window talking about a move to Real Madrid, but I didn't really see many trusted sources coming out with it.

I guess after the Dybala/Fernandes mess, we'll be linked with him for the next few days.

Sterling Archer

I am surprised at the lack of noise around Eriksen's potential transfer, which perhaps indicates he may be signing a new deal at Spurs?

Sure, there were a few links early in the window talking about a move to Real Madrid, but I didn't really see many trusted sources coming out with it.

I guess after the Dybala/Fernandes mess, we'll be linked with him for the next few days.
There was some significant noise that United had agreed personal terms with Eriksen.

Then instead of seeing the deal through, Woodward got sidetracked by the potential Dybala swap and wasted a full week. So now, three days to deal with Levy, assuming we're still going to spend.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
There was some significant noise that United had agreed personal terms with Eriksen.

Then instead of seeing the deal through, Woodward got sidetracked by the potential Dybala swap and wasted a full week. So now, three days to deal with Levy, assuming we're still going to spend.
Oh really? Can't say I noticed much noise around it from reputable sources at least.

Would obviously love him at United, but I can't see us being able to land him at this stage unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.