Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Oh really? Can't say I noticed much noise around it from reputable sources at least.

Would obviously love him at United, but I can't see us being able to land him at this stage unfortunately.
The only reputable source in my book is official announcements from the clubs and BBC. This was from the group right under, same as where we've been hearing both yes and no to Dybala. At the time, the equation was: Eriksen to United. Dybala to Spurs. A few days later, Juve were trying to swap Dybala to us.

SinNombre

Spurs fans (not Glaston), at what price point would your lot be comfortable selling Eriksen to a top-4 competitor? Never?

70m and buy Lo Celso or Fernandez for less?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs fans (not Glaston), at what price point would your lot be comfortable selling Eriksen to a top-4 competitor? Never?

Hard to say and how serious Eriksen is about the possibility of signing a new contract. If its United I would say Levy will be looking for Hazard money.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Realistically with only 1 year left on his contract, I'd be hoping for £50-£60 million for him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would honestly rather Savic or gazump them for Lo Celso. Purely because I doubt Eriksen would be interested and we'd never get him for 50m, because. Well. Levy.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
50m now or 0 next June.

Risky.

I don't think he will join us anyway. He is off to City on a free to replace David Silva next summer.
Levy would rather take 0 such is the man we're dealing with here

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
50m now or 0 next June.

Risky.

I don't think he will join us anyway. He is off to City on a free to replace David Silva next summer.
Its not like he cost us anything, or that we didn't get our money's worth. Sure if he cost us £50M it would smart but IF he does go on a free there isn't a great deal we can do about it. Levy could accept £50M, I doubt it very much, but if I was Eriksen and serious about leaving, I would sit tight for anther season, he certainly has time on his side.

Andersons Dietician

50m now or 0 next June.

Risky.

That’s what they bought Bernardo Silva for.

If Eriksen isn’t going to Real, PSG, Barca, Bayern or Juve I don’t really see why he would leave Spurs to go to another team in the premier league. Maybe playing with Pogba might interest him but I just don’t see it happening myself.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It would be a good deal for both parties tbh.

a proper number 10 for us, Tottenham make profit on a player and help fund his replacement.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That’s what they bought Bernardo Silva for.

If Eriksen isn’t going to Real, PSG, Barca, Bayern or Juve I don’t really see why he would leave Spurs to go to another team in the premier league. Maybe playing with Pogba might interest him but I just don’t see it happening myself.
Well, money is the obvious answer. Depends on what his priorities are really but, given his age, the biggest payday of his career will be somewhere among them.

Ultimately though yes, I can't see it happening either.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
No thanks. Huge upgrade on what we have, but would be an issue in as little as 1 or 2 years.

Can't believe we're in August and this is the result of our meticulous planning. Another shambles from Ed and co.

Castia

levy will want upwards of £80m from United. Probably a good deal for both clubs though at this stage. We’re desperate for a quality att midfielder and Spurs can re-invest (probably get Bruno).

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Can't see it happening but bloody hell, would love eriksen.
It is certainly possible - signs are that he wont sign a contract and we wont let him leave for nothing next year so basically we now need to sell him on for as much as possible to get a replacement in. We only have a few days to do it so will probably now be more open to selling to the likes of Utd if they stump up the cash.

Riz

No thanks. Huge upgrade on what we have, but would be an issue in as little as 1 or 2 years.

Can't believe we're in August and this is the result of our meticulous planning. Another shambles from Ed and co.
Exactly even the Dybala swap was more opportunistic than a planned recruitment strategy.

Beyond Maguire, WanB and James I’d love to know who our primary targets were this summer.

Red00012

Why would he join us when he’s the pick of Europe’s elite on a free next summer ?

Andersons Dietician

Well, money is the obvious answer. Depends on what his priorities are really but, given his age, the biggest payday of his career will be somewhere among them.

Ultimately though yes, I can't see it happening either.
Haven’t Spurs started recently giving out decent contracts? I know it’s probably not what we can offer but would Eriksen really be worth over 200k a week. Would he also fancy a move to Manchester for say an extra 50k a week to a team that is currently not as good as the one he is at.

Would love it if he did come but just can’t see how it makes sense for him unless he really wants that extra 50k

Varun

Staff
It is certainly possible - signs are that he wont sign a contract and we wont let him leave for nothing next year so basically we now need to sell him on for as much as possible to get a replacement in. We only have a few days to do it so will probably now be more open to selling to the likes of Utd if they stump up the cash.
I thought the reluctance to extend was because he was hoping for Real to come in? Are wages the issue? I was always under the impression that he'd extend if Real don't come in or even stay and move on a free next season given the top options he's likely to have then. Think 3 days is too short a time to do the deal if we haven't been working on it behind the scenes anyway. Levy will quote 75mil or something crazy like that and that'd be it.

arthurka

I personally would take him over a player who doesnt want to come. 50m is a fair offer for a player who is off for free next year.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'd take Eriksen for 50 mil.

But man Woodward is all over the place.

I would love to know who our targets were this summer.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Haven’t Spurs started recently giving out decent contracts? I know it’s probably not what we can offer but would Eriksen really be worth over 200k a week. Would he also fancy a move to Manchester for say an extra 50k a week to a team that is currently not as good as the one he is at.

Would love it if he did come but just can’t see how it makes sense for him unless he really wants that extra 50k
Eriksen's new contract offer will be in or around £200K, it would probably match Kane's deal, I don't think he is wanting a move for money, well at least that's not what he is saying, he wants a move to a top level club with almost guaranteed silverware.

CM

Good player but much like Dybala, not really the one we need. We're relatively well stocked in terms of attacking midfielders, we need someone who can dictate the play from deep.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't believe people are saying we don't need.
We obviously need another creative player. It won't happen though.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Would be a great signing, we are in desperate need for some additional creativity in the final third. When Pogba doesn't play or isn't arsed, both will happen at times this season, we lack a lot of creativity moving foward.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Can't believe people are saying we don't need.
We obviously need another creative player. It won't happen though.
Il be honest and say I think in a 3 man midfield with Pogba and McTominay (who has impressed me immensely in preseason) I think it would transform your midfield. I'm still very unsure about your striker situation, and it doesn't seem to be mentioned much.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good player but much like Dybala, not really the one we need. We're relatively well stocked in terms of attacking midfielders, we need someone who can dictate the play from deep.
He's the type of AM that drops deep/wide to playmake, rather than running behind to score.

It could actually work nicely considering we rarely play with a proper RW anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.