Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

FujiVice

We first have to wait for Ed to discuss it with all our commercial partners to see if his face is marketable on instant noodle pots in Asia.
He played in a champions league final in this very calendar year. He's someone I'd certainly someone I'd buy a packet of Jaffa Cakes because he's on it.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Two blue emojis on this page.

I'm sure the Caf will use them more frequently as the window draws to a close.

And maybe some will even resort to using this one - :o

Whatever it means.

red thru&thru

Very valid points, just think Levy would rather die before selling us Eriksen :lol:! Remember how agonising it was getting Berbatov over the line?
I'm just glad the window shuts early on and not at midnight! :lol:. Those were the days though.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If we are led to believe that has been written in the media, we would have taken Dybala and a player like Eriksen. So maybe the two deals would not be connected.

But any how, Eriksen may have not got his move to Barca or Real, and we may have not got our targets...so both may work hand in hand late on.
They like to operate in the same areas, Eriksen is NOT a CM.

Nico87

Would be the most ideal signing right now, but I’d imagine impossible to pull off. Eriksen on set pieces now we have Maguire would make us dangerous from set pieces for the first time in an age.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I kind of get the feeling with Eriksen that his star is already starting to fade. I've never rated him with the top players in the league, like when he used to get compared to David Silva. I didn't think he looked that great last season.
I had that feeling with Mata before we bought him and boy was I correct. I do have that feeling with Eriksen now too, but to a lesser extent and with a slightly different perspective to the possibility of signing him. It will be a short term signing really to add extra quality in our current midfield, but it would allow us to sell Pogba for a world record fee next year and have a replacement ready in Eriksen. Hopefully we'll then go spend the money from the Pogba sale on Sancho and buy a great defensive midfielder as well. The silver-lining in this scenario is we'll have Gomes ready to take over for both Eriksen and Pogba at a point. :devil: Also this signing makes sure Mata and Lingard gets less minutes this season so I'm all for it.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Honestly stop doing this to yourselves. He will go to Real.

RedDevilRoshi

Can't see this happening as cannot see Levy selling him to us unless we bid something proper stupid like £100M.

lysglimt

Scout
Who's Age Hareide?
Hareide used to play for City and Norwich in the early 80s - he was the second Norwegian player in English football as I recall. He was OGS coach for Molde when they sold him to United. And now he is in charge of Denmark. So Hareide and OGS have probably been close friends for 25 years.

lysglimt

Scout
I can see Spurs accepting a big for Eriksen - as he will basically be free of charge in less than 5 months. But the only way Spurs will sell to us if we pay a lot and no foreign clubs are interested.

StrettyEnder07

They like to operate in the same areas, Eriksen is NOT a CM.
If we play 4231 this year, you reckon he would play as a 10 or wide right?

He seems to switch quite a bit with Ali when playing for you boys with Son out on the left.

Not that we have a chance in hell of pulling it off, think we have more chance of getting Ronaldo back than Levy selling us Eriksen this late haha

Hawks2008

Not getting my hopes up after the Dybala saga. Levy wouldn't sell us the shit he took this morning let alone of their best players at this stage of the window.

Bestie07

I have no doubt that Spurs will actually accept our bid for Eriksen if we did make one. I have also no doubt that Eriksen, much like Dybala, would take some convincing to join us specially when he can have his pick of clubs in five months time.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If we play 4231 this year, you reckon he would play as a 10 or wide right?

He seems to switch quite a bit with Ali when playing for you boys with Son out on the left.

Not that we have a chance in hell of pulling it off, think we have more chance of getting Ronaldo back than Levy selling us Eriksen this late haha
I think he would be ideal in the middle behind who ever you are going to have up front, that's his best position especially with Pogba supporting him. All three of our attacking midfeilders inter change but its mostly Son left, Eriksen middle and Alli/Lucas on the right.

gza the genius

With Spurs seemingly trying to get Lo Celso and Fernandez over the line this honestly may be a decent opportunity for us (if Eriksen wants to come). Granted, Levy will make us pay every bit of the hypothetical Lukaku money.

StrettyEnder07

I think he would be ideal in the middle behind who ever you are going to have up front, that's his best position especially with Pogba supporting him. All three of our attacking midfeilders inter change but its mostly Son left, Eriksen middle and Alli/Lucas on the right.
Yeah mate similar to what Ole wants by the sounds of it, be nice not to have a rigid system for once and just let them interchange and go at sides.

No more talk of Lo Celso/Bruno for you boys today?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah mate similar to what Ole wants by the sounds of it, be nice not to have a rigid system for once and just let them interchange and go at sides.

No more talk of Lo Celso/Bruno for you boys today?
Diddly squat :D, It will be a busy last few days I suspect, Madrid has us both bu the balls.

starman

I would be confident in this one if we were in the CL. I reckon he moves if one of the top CL teams offered 50-60m. Not sure Levy would be that stubborn risking him leaving for nothing next year.

tomaldinho1

Levy would rather eat a durian than to sell his players to United. ;)
The fruit is actually delicious but the smell is what gets you - which is actually a great metaphor for how Levy will feel is this goes through. Desperately thankful for the money but angry at the stink it'll cause at Spurs

Fer

Which top club could go for Eriksen this transfer window? Madrid? Juventus? Bayern?

bbest

The Caf's worst songwriter
The fruit is actually delicious but the smell is what gets you - which is actually a great metaphor for how Levy will feel is this goes through. Desperately thankful for the money but angry at the stink it'll cause at Spurs
It is, especially durians from Malaysia like Musang durian. Good quality durian has nice aroma.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Can anyone please convince me this is a good move for us?

I don't quite know why, but I'm just not feelin' it.

macheda14

Yeh I don't get why one of the best players in the league, who happens to be a midfielder, would be a good signing.

Morpheus 7

In what universe would it be a short term signing? The guy's 27 and better than all of our midfielders bar Pogba. Would be a huge signing and one we desperately need in midfield.
He's a good player but I think he's slow as feck, be brilliant with setpieces and is a good player. I just don't think he's going to get better. If Ole wants to play a proper press he's not the player we need going forward in my opinion. Pointless chatting about it anyway, Levy won't sell unless it's for scandalous money.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Well it seems we're going with a 4-2-3-1 with Pogba playing deeper than a number 10 and Eriksen would certainly give us a greater creative edge than relying almost entirely on Pogba (not that we shouldn't rely on our record transfer for such things)

I'm not really feeling it either though, good player and a bargain at 50m but he wouldn't be 50m though would he. More like 150m knowing Levy

R'hllor

Christ some people are mental :lol:. Cant wait for this transfer to end.

FujiVice

Christ some people are mental :lol:. Cant wait for this transfer to end.
Its like having a cup of tea after mass compared to other years. 2013, there was talk of actual post office shootings when the clock hit 12am.

Status
Not open for further replies.