Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabz

Spurs need funds for transfers as they are tied into repaying their stadium off. Getting £60 million to spend this summer on new signings is better than the £0 next summer when he leaves on a free and have no money to replace him. Could happen but very last minute that's for sure.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Last year of contract. How come other top clubs didn't want him this summer? 50 mil would be enough i guess.

Pace Abuser

Do you rate Eriksen better than Dybala and Fernandes?
He is better than both combined. He's literally the perfect signing. A metronome passer, with creativity, vision and graft. I may be a long time admirer and fan.

But Levy :(

DRM

Way too complicated a deal to get done in this short amount of time, dealing with Levy takes way more time than we've got. If this is all true and we're interested, we've left it too late. Shambolic.
This reminds me of last summer where we went after every imaginable centre back. Just strikes of poor planning

tidraKS

If we would get him I’d be over the moon. Really really great player.

crossy1686

career ending
This reminds me of last summer where we went after every imaginable centre back. Just strikes of poor planning
Or it's being an opportunist. Instead of over paying at the start of the window, wait until the last week when teams have to sell if they want to buy and pick up the players we really wanted all along.

FujiVice

Levy and Woodward. Two magnets turned in the opposite direction trying to come together.

"60m"

"We want 100m"

"How about 40m?"

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Nowhere near £100 million for a player entering the final year of his contract and his shown no interest in signing a new one. Levy is a massive prick, for sure, but he's also a business man. He'd want to capitalize on Eriksen while his stock remains relatively high. A bid in the region of 60-70 million should do it.

Yes, the muppet in me is flowing out. I offer no apologies for this.
Honestly I think if it was in or around £80M levy would accept, then you would have to talk to Eriksen.

red thru&thru

Spurs need funds for transfers as they are tied into repaying their stadium off. Getting £60 million to spend this summer on new signings is better than the £0 next summer when he leaves on a free and have no money to replace him. Could happen but very last minute that's for sure.
Exactly this. No United fan can feel we'll get this over the line 100%, however, Levy will want something for him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't have any expectations from the summer. If we sign someone it's a big add on.

Morpheus 7

Not happening with Levy, not a chance. Be a short term signing and not worth the money it would take.

Loony BoB

£60m for Eriksen? I'd pay £70m. The guy is insanely good compared to anyone we have in that role. I don't see this happening but if it does I'll be delighted.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Time is running out if he actually wants to win things in his football career rather than finishing third in two-horse races. If he has any ambition he will come here.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
why don't we sign Kane while we're at it too

NJM78

Nowhere near £100 million for a player entering the final year of his contract and his shown no interest in signing a new one. Levy is a massive prick, for sure, but he's also a business man. He'd want to capitalize on Eriksen while his stock remains relatively high. A bid in the region of 60-70 million should do it.

Yes, the muppet in me is flowing out. I offer no apologies for this.

Haha and no apologies are needed!

I would love there to be some truth in this, I just never imagined this was an option as his dream is Real (like many) but if we can get him we must go all in even if 70m.

Such a good player, wish we bought him from Ajax.
Anyway fingers crossed as a midfield of Pogba and Eriksen looks fantastic.

We surely can't end the window with no midfield or forward additions.

red thru&thru

How do you know we've not been planning this for a while but instead been waiting for Spurs to agree for a replacement?

kps88

Yes but that describes all transfers.
Not really. Sometimes possibilities like Mandzukic or Dybala can come up late in a window. This is far more challenging considering it's Levy and a direct rival who would only have a couple of days to find a replacement.

BiggusCrickus

Don't wanna even get my hopes up. Great player and would push us on another level and make us a top 4 side easy..... Not going to happen

El Zoido

By next week we might have considered to prepare a bid. Possibly.
We first have to wait for Ed to discuss it with all our commercial partners to see if his face is marketable on instant noodle pots in Asia.

Devil may care

I rate him, he won't offer the flair or goals Dybala would in the #10 role but he's very creative and is streets ahead of the options we have at #10, however I think there's more chance of the Dybala/Lukaku swap happening at the 11th hour than Levy selling to us.

TRUERED89

Levy won't be doing a great job if they let his contract wind down next season. He'll be free to negotiate with foreign teams in January.

Tell tale sign something might be happening is the fact that Eriksen hasn't been starting their preseason games.
Very valid points, just think Levy would rather die before selling us Eriksen :lol:! Remember how agonising it was getting Berbatov over the line?

red thru&thru

Cause of our pursuit of Dybala?
If we are led to believe that has been written in the media, we would have taken Dybala and a player like Eriksen. So maybe the two deals would not be connected.

But any how, Eriksen may have not got his move to Barca or Real, and we may have not got our targets...so both may work hand in hand late on.

Status
Not open for further replies.