g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Brighter future long term, maybe not. But buying into United right now, looking 2-3 years forward, is a gamble. Pochettino is far more proven than Solskjaer, you know what his football is about, he improves players, he has build a team that IS better than us right now. And they have CL football, which is important to some.
We will finish ahead of Tottenham this year. Bookmark this post. And what exactly has Poch proven? Yes, he is more experienced than Ole, but last time I checked Tottenham's trophy cabinet is quite bare...

Scholsey2004

If true, looks like we are done with this transfer window unfortunately. Only bit of business I can see us doing is selling Lukaku.
The window only closes for EPL. Other leagues in Europe are still open so we might still have a chance at shifting darmian and Rojo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We've spent nearabout 150 million this summer. Madrid apart, how many clubs have spent more?
That's not the point is it? We're the ones in 6th place. We're the ones that needed a rebuild, who happen to have record revenues.

The problem is prices are only going UP and the pound is getting weaker. It's going to be even harder for us to sign players in the next window. All this waiting around is going to cost us even more.

macheda14

That's not the point is it? We're the ones in 6th place. We're the ones that needed a rebuild, who happen to have record revenues.

The problem is prices are only going UP and the pound is getting weaker. It's going to be even harder for us to sign players in the next window. All this waiting around is going to cost us even more.
Well no your point was “we’re skint” when we’ve spent a lot of money and brought no money in. Which points to us being ‘not skint’.

soralapio

I don't believe that Madrid are remotely interested, or are they?
Doesn't really matter for us, does it? If he prefers to wait and see, he's not signing for United, and ultimately whether he goes to Real or not, it's still our loss.

Spielmacher

Well they aren't real muppets then. I want those that are along for the ride and will believe until that window slams shut. This is football, you never know what could transpire. Feck it, we will get him.
Not being a muppet hasn't been illegal in Mancunia for a long time, though. In fact, it's a rising trend, much like atheism...

Lemansky

No one have followed up on Cross and Mitten so it ain’t a brief. Both of them untrustworthy with transfer news.

Still plenty of potential for a real muppet day.

Adam-Utd

Well no your point was “we’re skint” when we’ve spent a lot of money and brought no money in. Which points to us being ‘not skint’.
Exactly. We've spent £150m and no we're skint and rely on the Lukaku money, how hard is that to understand?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

We aren't waiting though. We're trying to get business done and unable to get the right players in, sadly. Of course ideally we should be spending 200 plus million this summer but people have to realise 150 million isn't a paultry amount either. You cannot rebuild in a single summer.

Danny Roberts

It's been great to get the defence sorted, on paper at least, but if we don't bring in more creativity we're gonna need some of the kids to really step up.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
What a shambles this window has been. Where is the plan? Just stumbling from target to target.

Nick7

I genuinely don’t get why you all constantly get your hopes up about that stuff :lol: it was obvious we weren’t signing him

JoaquinJoaquin

I genuinely don’t get why you all constantly get your hopes up about that stuff :lol: it was obvious we weren’t signing him
No one else is coming in. All these links to players are smokescreens to distract fans anger. Why aren't people seeing it?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We are panicking aren't we? This all wasn't planned.

Litch

That's probably the worst analogy in human history. Even in these musically fallow years there have to be more options than a simple binary choice between Stevie Wonder's musical kidney transplant sing along and X-factor karaoke comparative rags to comparative riches tale nobody.
That's probably the most exaggerated comment in human history. Here's a revelation for you, wasn't asking for your musical critique, I was just mine and was less literal and more the analogy that a musician (even if it's not to your tastes) isn't always defined by his last body of music or just cause you won a competition on Tv this year. Utd isn't defined by the last 6 years either and that still matters and is relevant to some people.

DownRiver

Is it me or do negotiations seem really spaced out? You couldn't have found this information out from a 5 minute call?

Adam-Utd

We aren't waiting though. We're trying to get business done and unable to get the right players in, sadly. Of course ideally we should be spending 200 plus million this summer but people have to realise 150 million isn't a paultry amount either. You cannot rebuild in a single summer.
We're going to end up with a net spend of £75m after Lukaku is sold :lol: :lol: :lol:

So much for supporting Ole with all our power.

settembrini

I can't believe people thought we would be buying Eriksen.

And now they are going to get upset and talk about how we've fecked up a deal or something and are complete idiots for failing to do something that was borderline impossible.

roonaldo78

This is not surprising, we took months to get the deals done and with a couple of days left, chances were very slim.

So who will be the next briefing? Coutinho? Rakitic?

Terminator

Is it me or do negotiations seem really spaced out? You couldn't have found this information out from a 5 minute call?
Ed doing this just so he can say 'We tried' and placate the fans. Don't think we have serious intentions of getting anyone.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Kids always get a chance pre season. Come the weekend he'll be lucky to be on the bench.
He played 90 mins yesterday and was fantastic.

The fact he played 90 is probably an indictment.

Status
Not open for further replies.