Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
When Walker was about to leave they said Trippier is better. When Toby rejected contract, they said he isn't as good anymore and Sanchez is better (Toby ended up as first choice last season anyways), now Eriksen wants to leave they will highlight the negatives.
I'll be gutted to see Eriksen in a United shirt (Im still not sure that I will), I never seen anyone say Sanchez was at Toby's level and I still think Walker is an average footballer boosted massively by his athleticism.

Eriksen's work rate and pressing is astounding for a player in his position, his vision is second to none IMO, his link play between defence and attack and his creativity we will miss massively. but of course he has negatives, a few I have said for a while. He doesn't like a tackle and will occasionally simply not bother, his consistency at times is a problem and if truth be told his dead ball delivery isnt as good as it is made out to be. All that said I wish we could get him to stay, if I had a choice I would prefer him over Dybala.

fps

Would Levy really take a loss out of stubbornness? They pinch the pennies in every area around Spurs. Not making this sale ammounts to a weekly cost of ~£1m given a transfer fee around £50-60m just to keep 1 season short term. It seem very illogical move on Levy's behalf. They can wisely use that money and get Lo Celso, and lower the risk of disrupting the team harmony. The deal makes sense from a logical standpoint at least. Everyone stand to win unless Eriksen is genuinely aiming for a contract free exit?
Spurs now have a new stadium, which will generate massive revenue and ultimately is going to provide a huge financial boost. This lessens the need to sell players even further, if Levy doesn't want them to go.

Additionally, unless another player were genuinely already lined up to sign, losing Eriksen for any amount of money now would ultimately cost Spurs money because it would decrease their performance on the pitch and the prize money etc resulting from that. There's no reason to sell him now for any price.

I cannot see how this deal would happen.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'll be gutted to see Eriksen in a United shirt (Im still not sure that I will), I never seen anyone say Sanchez was at Toby's level and I still think Walker is an average footballer boosted massively by his athleticism.

Eriksen's work rate and pressing is astounding for a player in his position, his vision is second to none IMO, his link play between defence and attack and his creativity we will miss massively. but of course he has negatives, a few I have said for a while. He doesn't like a tackle and will occasionally simply not bother, his consistency at times is a problem and if truth be told his dead ball delivery isnt as good as it is made out to be. All that said I wish we could get him to stay, if I had a choice I would prefer him over Dybala.
I doubt you will be seeing him in ManUtd shirt. With just 2 days to go this deal is near impossible, especially between PL clubs.

gica_7

Haha

No chance Levy will sell one of his best players to a rival 3 days before the window shuts. European window is still open another 3 weeks
Agree but, we know Levy loves money. He would hate to see him walk away for free. It's a very difficult deal to pull off at this stage of the window, but would love to see this happen.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He'd be our signing of the summer.

If there's a chance, this is one time when I think the premium has to be paid without complaint.

red thru&thru

Seems like a good fit for us at the moment then. For Eriksen, probably not getting the move to Spain that he wanted but he's settled in PL, would get massive pay rise to join us and will get the chance to win trophies (going off even recent past record).

Hopefully we can get this over the line. Really do believe it suits all parties.

Shark

@NotShark
I’ve been out of the game a while, does this have any chance of actually happening?

crossy1686

career ending
Spurs now have a new stadium, which will generate massive revenue and ultimately is going to provide a huge financial boost. This lessens the need to sell players even further, if Levy doesn't want them to go.

Additionally, unless another player were genuinely already lined up to sign, losing Eriksen for any amount of money now would ultimately cost Spurs money because it would decrease their performance on the pitch and the prize money etc resulting from that. There's no reason to sell him now for any price.

I cannot see how this deal would happen.
Well no, the TV rights are what's stopping clubs like Spurs or Wolves from having to sell their big names for big money. Spurs are also in the Champions League so there's not a desire to leave unless Madrid or Barcelona come knocking. Spurs don't pay the wages they should though for a CL team which is why they will ultimately lose players that aren't Harry Kane.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’ve been out of the game a while, does this have any chance of actually happening?
Eriksen has 1 year left, Spurs have been seeking a replacement (Lo Celso, Fernandes) so it seems likely.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The only reason there's a shred of possibility is because Levy would prefer 50-70m over nothing next summer.

I expect him sold just not to us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
IMO this is more unlikely than Dybala.

Muppetry of the highest order!
I think so too, Levy wouldn't want to weaken his own team while directly strengthening a rival. The optimist in me hopes he's set a ludicrous price to put us off and we've immediately agreed to pay it. I won't be following this one too closely though.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Levy is probably scrolling through this thread right now spitting out his pop corn and saying 'over my dead body'
and putting the price up by £10m every time Woodward offers £5.50 plus a one-year subscription to the Evening Standard

wr8_utd

:'(
The only reason there's a shred of possibility is because Levy would prefer 50-70m over nothing next summer.

I expect him sold just not to us.
He'd have no option if no one else is interested. Maybe Bayern could come in at some point? Madrid seem to want Pogba, Juve won't buy him till he's available for free, Barca don't space for him and I don't think PSG want him either.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

we've got one of those "not bothered" already thanks: it's name is pogba

wr8_utd

:'(
I think so too, Levy wouldn't want to weaken his own team while directly strengthening a rival. The optimist in me hopes he's set a ludicrous price to put us off and we've immediately agreed to pay it. I won't be following this one too closely though.
They would be strengthening themselves too when they sign Bruno/Colso as a replacement. They rather do that than let Eriksen go on a free.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You don’t want Eriksen on corners, because he is a master at hitting the first man. :lol:
we've got lots of those so he'd fit right in - in fact, we've had a monopoly on them since the day beckham left

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Solskjaer is apparently close with the Denmark manager so this would be consistent with the stories of the club profiling all potential signings extensively. Still don't see Tottenham selling us a thing.

Raulduke

Man Utd transfer news: Club confident of Christian Eriksen deal as Tottenham turn to Bruno Fernandes

Christian Eriksen and his camp are now giving serious consideration to a move to Manchester United, amid limited options ahead of the transfer window closing.

The Tottenham Hotspur playmaker's contract is up next year, and he had been fully intent on joining Real Madrid this summer, with no willingness to sign a new deal.

The Spanish club have cooled their interest, though, leaving Eriksen with limited options.

Although there had been tentative interest from Bayern Munich and Juventus, only United have come in strongly.

Eriksen's camp had previously been cool on the Old Trafford club themselves, given that they are not in the Champions League, but are now more open to an approach.
Spurs have had a new offer on the table for the 27-year-old, but would now prefer to move him on and rebuild, primarily through the signing of Sporting's Bruno Fernandes.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino also has reservations about keeping players who enter the last year of their contract and is now ready to sell the Dane.

Bojan11

To go after Eriksen and not a younger Bruno would be peak United.
Bruno is 24 and Eriksen is 27.

I would go after Eriksen first. But if we can’t get him then get the players Spurs were thinking of replacing him with like Bruno and Lo Celso.

Hans Moleman

To go after Eriksen and not a younger Bruno would be peak United.
To sign a guy with 1 good season in a shit league for a ridiculous fee instead of one of the Prem's best midfielders who is already settled and proven would be peak United

LonelyFire

Hearing anything on the spurs side on this story? Usually I’d say this is a no go based on Levy but his contractual situation seems to give this a chance. Sure I’ve read as well Woodward and Levy get on quite well so can’t see us making an enquiry without those two having discussed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.