————Lindelof:)——Maguire:)——Shaw:)
AWB:)—————-McT:)
———————————————-Pogba:)
—————————Eriksen:)
———Lingard:)
—————————Martial:)———Rashford:)
Lingard:wenger:

davidmichael

Except even Ronaldo didn't really play there for most of his career with us. Especially as he approached his peak, he was solely a LW/LF who cut in on his right foot for shots, same as at Madrid. It's been much longer than Ronaldo since we had a true RW here, which makes it even sadder.
Have to go back to Valencia’s debut season for us for our last genuine right winger but Ronaldo WAS a right winger for the first three seasons then switched between right and left sided forward in his last three seasons although it was a fluid attack and he often alternated with Rooney and Tevez.

George The Best

Spurs will lock Dybala in a room and make him watch that video of the pints being filled from underneath in the stadium bar until he signs.
I’d be staggered if Spurs get Dybala - would smash their wage structure to pieces. But, apart from Dybala they are also linked with Lo Celso, Bruno and Coutinho loan. If Poch wants two of those then they probably need to sell Eriksen quickly.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Somewhere in London there's a guy on his laptop being fed arguments for RedCafe by a sock puppet with Levy's face on it.

thomas porter

Who hired Poch and who just facilitated a massive stadium move and is this summer transfer window proving to support him in the transfer market?

They have been on an upward trajectory, with a few dips, for quite a while now.
They've made one 1st team signing and signed a kid who looks 14 after making 0 signings for 18 months. Not exactly what I would call 'support.'

I still remember when he sold Robbie Keane and Berbatov in the same summer and left their forward line completely depleted. Imo he should have sold Berba sooner and given himself enough time to buy a replacement.

With Eriksen he has more time to complete the sale but now he only has 48 hours to seal a replacement. Dybala will be a tough deal to complete and Bruno/Lo Celso won't be easy either and it looks like he needs to sell Eriksen before they buy further complicating things.

NJM78

We are all getting excited by Eriksen rumors when I bet our Ed and his colleagues are all at home negotiating what to have for dinner.

matt23

Who hired Poch and who just facilitated a massive stadium move and is this summer transfer window proving to support him in the transfer market?

They have been on an upward trajectory, with a few dips, for quite a while now.
Poch wasn't his first choice, they'd all but agreed to bring van Gaal in before we helped them on their way to a better appointment. The NFL probably played as much of a role in Spurs' new ground being half decent as Levy and they've completely squandered their best chance at winning the league or any other trophies in a generation due to a lack of investment in the first team which their manager recognises and moans about, a lot.

I really don’t think this will happen.

Although there could be some sense in spurs wanting him gone - they are due to lose a lot of money on players running down their contracts next summer.

Would be worth it to see the reaction to a certain spurs poster on here!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We are all getting excited by Eriksen rumors when I bet our Ed and his colleagues are all at home negotiating what to have for dinner.
Ed is probably on redcafe horrified that despite a world record outlay for a defender, people are still moaning about his skills. or lack thereof.

Roberto420

Just give it to Mason Greenwood :drool:
Except even Ronaldo didn't really play there for most of his career with us. Especially as he approached his peak, he was solely a LW/LF who cut in on his right foot for shots, same as at Madrid. It's been much longer than Ronaldo since we had a true RW here, which makes it even sadder.
Yeah it was actually when Ronaldo was making his debut season and the season after he played from the right as I remember there were times Fergie would play fletcher right wing much to many fans annoyances as it meant Ronaldo didn't play but he was only a kid and look how both their careers turned out.

I think/hope Mason will play a similar role as Ronaldo had that season with Lingard playing the Fletcher role.

The u21s played tonight and Mason wasn't involved so hopefully that's a sign he's gonna be included in the squad against Chelsea.

NYAS

The reports aren’t very strong, the sources are average and we have a day and a half to complete the deal.

Can’t see it being done.

NJM78

Ed is probably on redcafe horrified that despite a world record outlay for a defender, people are still moaning about his skills. or lack thereof.
This is why I believe none of this tonight although muppets will muppet. We are clearly in need of Lukaku cash in my opinion and that seems to have come to a grinding halt. If there were pictures of Levy and Ed in London offices etc I would be hopeful but I think we are done purchase wise.

Needham

Form was bitty last season but if he's the player he was before that he'd be a wonderful addition. Mcguire Pogba Eriksen all on the ball in the same team gives us something to look forward to.

George The Best

In retrospect, I think Levy desperately wants to sell him to us.

Milk United.
If he needs money by Thursday he’s not got time to screw us.

Would be very interesting to know Eriksen’s take on all these rumours though. He could kill it stone dead in an instant with a simple statement from his agent. Might hear something tomorrow I suppose.

macheda14

They've made one 1st team signing and signed a kid who looks 14 after making 0 signings for 18 months. Not exactly what I would call 'support.'

I still remember when he sold Robbie Keane and Berbatov in the same summer and left their forward line completely depleted. Imo he should have sold Berba sooner and given himself enough time to buy a replacement.

With Eriksen he has more time to complete the sale but now he only has 48 hours to seal a replacement. Dybala will be a tough deal to complete and Bruno/Lo Celso won't be easy either and it looks like he needs to sell Eriksen before they buy further complicating things.
Poch wasn't his first choice, they'd all but agreed to bring van Gaal in before we helped them on their way to a better appointment. The NFL probably played as much of a role in Spurs' new ground being half decent as Levy and they've completely squandered their best chance at winning the league or any other trophies in a generation due to a lack of investment in the first team which their manager recognises and moans about, a lot.
Ok well then how much do you blame him rather than the finances of the club which is down to the owners?

Reiver

I've just been hearing Dybala to Spurs will be a swap deal with Eriksen going the other way. Nightmare scenario for us if true.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The reports aren’t very strong, the sources are average and we have a day and a half to complete the deal.

Can’t see it being done.
This basically sums up my thoughts on the matter too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I've just been hearing Dybala to Spurs will be a swap deal with Eriksen going the other way. Nightmare scenario for us if true.
Be a bit weird of Juventus to swap one AM who doesn't fit in their plans with another player in a very similar role.

Handré1990

Oh, there's no doubt at all that he's much better off the ball than Pogba, or that he'd be an upgrade on what we have in that position. He would certainly make us a lot better.

My issue isn't with Eriksen's work rate at all. It's more that I don't think a very attacking McT/Pogba/Eriksen midfield would be capable of functioning in the same way a very attacking Fernandinho/KDB/Silva one does (for example), largely because Pogba doesn't have the same qualities in that deeper role that KDB does. Add in that both Pogba and Eriksen are both capable of dissapearing out of games from time and I'm not sure that midfield would be as.... Consistent? Dominant? Combative? I'm not sure quite what the word I'm looking for is but it just doesn't quite gel when I imagine it. Too much potential for flakiness I guess.

I may be entirely wrong though.
The problem in that equation would be Pogba, I think. Eriksen has played to great effect as a SOM, a CM and a RM type.

A couple of years ago I remember a game he had vs us, he had been a pest the whole game in his press and smart use of the ball, starting at RM. As the game went on, and Spurs started to lose control, Eriksen was simply brought down to play CM, and the control of the game went back to Spurs. I’ve seen him do plenty in an attacking sense, but that game really opened my eyes for his talent. He really is a wonderful all-rounder with a real goal threat.

Gandalf

Off to the Bruno thread if that is true. Of course it isn't because hell will freeze over before Spurs pay the kind of wages Dybala is looking for. He is going to go to PSG as a replacement for Neymar once Barcelona can organize a raffle for the Neymar fee.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we can't commit to the money Dybala and his agent want, how could Tottenham?

Status
Not open for further replies.