Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverRed1

Well as I’ve said multiple times we can offer him things United and Spurs simply can’t match and likewise United and Spurs can offer him things we could never match. All boils down to what his true priorities are in this next move. I wouldn’t arrogantly claim he is going to re-sign for us but I do know he has our offer and hasn’t rejected us (yet) which to me is a good sign. I just enjoy the narrative that it’s either Spurs or Utd and the little bus stop in Hounslow is not even in the equation ;)
I think there’s a chance. You gave him a chance when others didnt. He enjoyed his football there and he likes London. When at Spurs he left under a cloud and didn’t get on that well under conte at inter. The only thing that makes me think he might actually come here is that he trained with Ajax when working on his fitness so knows ETH and it’s a big opportunity I guess...

Robindinho

If we are truly in for him, I'd be stunned if he rejects us...

He "dies" on the pitch. Not only does he miraculously return to playing, Man United come calling a year later... I get that it may be family reasons or not to be too much in the spotlight etc but surely he can't turn down the opportunity - or is that just red tinted glasses?

Just for the experience alone of the size/stature of club, compared to the others throughout his career (Ajax, Tottenham, Inter & Brentford).

NewYorkRed

Yeah ok pal thats why the bookies keep pulling our odds from the market right? I mean we are talking about a player who, checks notes, has been playing for us for the last few months. I know it’s hard for some fans of bigger clubs to understand and sometimes arrogance can blind opinion but logically if we were out of the running he would have told us by now. He has our offer and he is considering it he may well end up back at Spurs but at this stage he is just as likely to end up here or even at United. Nobody knows, potentially not even Eriksen himself yet….
Ya for sure. Not a chance he picks Brentford.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We're almost certainly signing him if Spurs aren't in the race then. Surely he's not choosing Brentford over us.
He could feel very grateful to Brentford for the opportunity to resurrect his career and give him the platform and status of being the main man, I wouldn't entirely discount it. That said, it'd be a big surprise if he did choose them over us.

croadyman

Yeah we definitely need cover/replacement for Varane at some point, he can't be relied on at all. Problem is I'd put that behind a defensively minded midfielder, a RB and a RW myself.
Yeah CB is lower priority than those and De Jong as well which know some won't agree with

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Will we get a player on free that's something that you don't see at Utd often. He will add much needed depth and quality.
The only ones I can think of is cavani and wasn’t zlatan. We go for a few free agents when they pass 30… there’s loads of quality ones available this summer. Missed out on the guy who’s joining villa… he’s only 22.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

If he chooses Brentford over us it may well be he is choosing loyalty or an easier time for his heart.

He comes here and we will lump so much pressure on him its unreal.

Some of the comments here are incredible.. if you see it as a massive fall from grace for United if a guy who died would choose the only team who took a gamble on him after the fact, then you are beyond help.

If he doesn't come here then I bloody hope he does go to Brentford.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If we are truly in for him, I'd be stunned if he rejects us...

He "dies" on the pitch. Not only does he miraculously return to playing, Man United come calling a year later... I get that it may be family reasons or not to be too much in the spotlight etc but surely he can't turn down the opportunity - or is that just red tinted glasses?

Just for the experience alone of the size/stature of club, compared to the others throughout his career (Ajax, Tottenham, Inter & Brentford).
Cometh the Phoenix (club) cometh the man.

ThanksBoss26

Yeah, I guess, but surely the weight of a big club as opposed to Brentford might make him decide to come to us, London or not.
I definitely hope so. Have to think that if he does fancy getting himself back to a big club, he's unlikely to have a better chance than this summer.

NoPace

I think there’s a chance. You gave him a chance when others didnt. He enjoyed his football there and he likes London. When at Spurs he left under a cloud and didn’t get on that well under conte at inter. The only thing that makes me think he might actually come here is that he trained with Ajax when working on his fitness so knows ETH and it’s a big opportunity I guess...
I sort of think the logical move is for him to sign for Brentford with a tiny release clause, be in good form for the World Cup and then move in January (or next summer). Brentford get him for the first half of the season and that massively improves their chance of staying up.

phelans shorts

Yeah ok pal thats why the bookies keep pulling our odds from the market right? I mean we are talking about a player who, checks notes, has been playing for us for the last few months. I know it’s hard for some fans of bigger clubs to understand and sometimes arrogance can blind opinion but logically if we were out of the running he would have told us by now. He has our offer and he is considering it he may well end up back at Spurs but at this stage he is just as likely to end up here or even at United. Nobody knows, potentially not even Eriksen himself yet….
The amount of people that are blinded by arrogance over this is mind boggling. It’s not impossible that he comes to United but I’ve thought Brentford were the obvious destination for him since this whole saga started.

You took a risk on him when nobody else would, if that doesn’t garner some kind of loyalty for at least the next full season then it says more about the person making the decision than Brentford.

Trex

The amount of people that are blinded by arrogance over this is mind boggling. It’s not impossible that he comes to United but I’ve thought Brentford were the obvious destination for him since this whole saga started.

You took a risk on him when nobody else would, if that doesn’t garner some kind of loyalty for at least the next full season then it says more about the person making the decision than Brentford.
What he owes them he has paid on the pitch already, he would make a decision based on what's best for him and his family.

arthurka

The only ones I can think of is cavani and wasn’t zlatan. We go for a few free agents when they pass 30… there’s loads of quality ones available this summer. Missed out on the guy who’s joining villa… he’s only 22.
Yes and in a much needed position.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Going by Dutch journalists, ETH sees Eriksen as important first team player, hopefully this plays role in his final decision.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You can immediately see how the two proposed players would turn us into a footballing side almost overnight, but you will need an absolutely monstrous midfielder in there with them covering and cleaning up.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think if he just wants an easy life with less pressure then he obviously picks Brentford. If he wants to challenge himself again and play European football he opts for United.

Guys had a brush with death do you couldn’t blame him if he wanted to just tick along somewhere instead of going to United with the weight of expectation on his shoulders.

Conor

Not sure why people think Brentford is an 'easy life' for him, they could easily be relegated next season, and he would be their best player, with the most responsibility on his shoulders.

RkkMan

I think if he just wants an easy life with less pressure then he obviously picks Brentford. If he wants to challenge himself again and play European football he opts for United.

Guys had a brush with death do you couldn’t blame him if he wanted to just tick along somewhere instead of going to United with the weight of expectation on his shoulders.
On one hand that's true but you have someone like Blind who had something similar but he's still starting regularly for the biggest club in Netherlands and his country at 32 when people suggested he retires.
Don't think Eriksen's ambition with his talent will drop.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not sure why people think Brentford is an 'easy life' for him, they could easily be relegated next season, and he would be their best player, with the most responsibility on his shoulders.
Less pressure and expectation? Definitely. Living in a familiar area? Check. Less media intrusion and scrutiny? Yep.

I could go on?

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
A bit more added at the end for the resident Brentford fans..

Yeah this is already known we don't know his plans yet and that is info coming straight from the highest level of our club who are actually ITK rather than some random journo/twitter account, this is why I keep saying its all guesswork/clickbait and he could easily choose one of United, Spurs or us. I know people love a teams like Brentord quote but fact is we are a very attractive option to him for different reasons.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Yeah this is already known we don't know his plans yet and that is info coming straight from the highest level of our club who are actually ITK rather than some random journo/twitter account, this is why I keep saying its all guesswork/clickbait and he could easily choose one of United, Spurs or us. I know people love a teams like Brentord quote but fact is we are a very attractive option to him for different reasons.
I agree with you. Often a significant life event can change a persons perspective. For 99.9% of footballers in that position you'd think United over Brentford would be the decision every single time, but for Eriksson I'm not so sure.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You can immediately see how the two proposed players would turn us into a footballing side almost overnight, but you will need an absolutely monstrous midfielder in there with them covering and cleaning up.
Step up McJongSen or FreJongSen

Status
Not open for further replies.