Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverRed1

I hope they aren't working overtime, that'd make it even worse. Imagine working 14hours per day for a month to end up with nothing. Work smarter, not harder
to be fair working hard for them is probably sitting on the phone, FaceTime or in a meeting but still the point remains.. they will be working to get it done:D

SeanyC

Absolutely sick of this now, he either comes or doesn’t, same with de Jong, players just don’t seem to want to come to us anymore. With the lack of CL, player revolts, leaks, piss poor money grabbing board room it’s no wonder players are stretching this out. We should move on to other targets.

dove

Absolutely sick of this now, he either comes or doesn’t, same with de Jong, players just don’t seem to want to come to us anymore. With the lack of CL, player revolts, leaks, piss poor money grabbing board room it’s no wonder players are stretching this out. We should move on to other targets.
I always find it interesting how people invent something in their heads, present as facts and then get angry about it.

SeanyC

I always find it interesting how people invent something in their heads, present as facts and then get angry about it.
Explain to me what I said is not factual? I guess you have all the facts then, the inside connections? Do tell all please, the floor is yours

GreatDane

Mate, if you want the news, follow some news outlet. If you want entertainment go watch love island. As it’s been said before, it’s a forum. Get your priorities straight in life. Stop crying, oh I didn’t get my entertainment or my news. Boo fecking hoo.
I find it absolutly funny that you would lecture me about crying and priorities, when you're the one crying and moaning about the club and feeling the need to make post after post about it.
Something about projection I think.

Anyway, you do you. Remember to go outside once in a while, it's healthy for you.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Explain to me what I said is not factual? I guess you have all the facts then, the inside connections? Do tell all please, the floor is yours
Not sure why you’re getting angry. 95% of what you see in the media is made up to get clicks.

United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, so you will see journalists making up stories purely as clickbait.

The Eriksen deal is simple, we’ve offered a contract, Brentford have offered a contract. He is on holiday and will make a decision once he is back. it’s not as simple as United v Brentford, there is his family and their lives that he needs to take into account.

He almost died playing the sport and some things are a lot more important. He will be a rich man whether he chooses us or them.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we do it’s obviously because he likes the danish connection and London. We’ll see.
TBH Brentford took him when every other club saw him as a dead man walking (football career wise of course). I don't want ETH to lose his man however I would be happy if a player sticks to a small club out of gratitude. In the past we saw players like Totti, Le Tissier and Gerrard doing that. These players are gone.

phelans shorts

Or moving up to United means there is more pressure. And with his ticker problems, does he really need all that? Stay at Brentford and play for fun.
That’s very disrespectful to Brentford. They’re hardly a Sunday league side.

Most likely is he feels loyalty to the club who took a risk on him when he was at his lowest ebb and more time at home rather than a midweek game in Uzbekistan.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
TBH Brentford took him when every other club saw him as a dead man walking (football career wise of course). I don't want ETH to lose his man however I would be happy if a player sticks to a small club out of gratitude. In the past we saw players like Totti, Le Tissier and Gerrard doing that. These players are gone.
:lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That’s very disrespectful to Brentford. They’re hardly a Sunday league side.

Most likely is he feels loyalty to the club who took a risk on him when he was at his lowest ebb and more time at home rather than a midweek game in Uzbekistan.
That's so disrespectful to both Brentford and Eriksen
United is at a different level to Brentford Nothing disrespectful about that. The pressures are different and the expectations from the fans are planets apart.

phelans shorts

That's very disrespectful to the Europa League and Uzbekistan.
To say that somebody who nearly died last year might rather spend time with his family than spend numerous days on the road at the furthest reaches of the continent?

I don’t see how that’s the case at all. Lots of people turn down jobs because they don’t want the road life and instead to spend time with family.

Frank Grimes

To say that somebody who nearly died last year might rather spend time with his family than spend numerous days on the road at the furthest reaches of the continent?

I don’t see how that’s the case at all. Lots of people turn down jobs because they don’t want the road life and instead to spend time with family.
Using Europa League and Uzbekistan was disrespectful. You can't have it every way.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

So if Brentford qualified for the Europa league he’d be less likely to stay?

phelans shorts

So if Brentford qualified for the Europa league he’d be less likely to stay?
Maybe. Or maybe his family being settled in London might mean that he isn’t as bothered as if he had just uprooted them and then was away all the time.

It’s a daft hypothetical scenario that doesn’t exist, because Brentford didn’t qualify for the Europa League

Frank Grimes

Europa League is the extra competition he’d be in and Uzbekistan is a distance away where you can’t just fly in and out? I’ve not put down either the competition or the country at all?

:lol: this place gets more daft by the hour
Why pick Uzbekistan. Can you name one club from Uzbekistan? It was clearly used disrespectfully to try and prove some point. Guess what there are different nations in the world who deserve to compete in Europa League.
Why would Eriksen not want to win the Europa League btw, he hasn't won anything bigger in Europe and it sure beats battling relegation with Brentford. Disrespect and you know it, chuckling to yourself will not hide that.

phelans shorts

Why pick Uzbekistan. Can you name one club from Uzbekistan? It was clearly used disrespectfully to try and prove some point. Guess what there are different nations in the world who deserve to compete in Europa League.
Why would Eriksen not want to win the Europa League btw, he hasn't won anything bigger in Europe and it sure beats battling relegation with Brentford. Disrespect and you know it, chuckling to yourself will not hide that.
Uzbekistan is the furthest (well second furthest, but I forgot about Kazakhstan) country in UEFA’s jurisdiction. It’s basic geography. You can fly into France or Italy or the Netherlands and fly back the same night, I’ve passed through airports alongside the United team doing so before so I’d know, but Uzbekistan is a very long way away, you just can’t manage that.

He might well want to win it, but he might want to spend time with his family, which was the exact point I made. That’s not disrespectful. You’re talking absolutely bollocks Grimey, and you know it.

Frank Grimes

Uzbekistan is the furthest (well second furthest, but I forgot about Kazakhstan) country in UEFA’s jurisdiction. It’s basic geography. You can fly into France or Italy or the Netherlands and fly back the same night, I’ve passed through airports alongside the United team doing so before so I’d know, but Uzbekistan is a very long way away, you just can’t manage that.

He might well want to win it, but he might want to spend time with his family, which was the exact point I made. That’s not disrespectful. You’re talking absolutely bollocks Grimey, and you know it.
You're the one talking bollocks, Phelans Shorts. Do Uzbekistani teams even compete in the Europa League? I have a feeling they play in the Asian equivalent. Do your homework before you spew such shit again. Disrespectful.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If you say disrespect 3 times I hear the Iron Sheikh comes in your sleep and makes you humble.

phelans shorts

You're the one talking bollocks, Phelans Shorts. Do Uzbekistani teams even compete in the Europa League? I have a feeling they play in the Asian equivalent. Do your homework before you spew such shit again. Disrespectful.
Like feck am I going to go through the teams in a competition, let’s use Kazakhstan then, which is even further away than Uzbekistan and we’ve actually faced a team from there in Europe in recent years, better? I still don’t understand what’s disrespectful about saying “this place is a long way away” and you seemingly can’t explain it either.

If you say disrespect 3 times I hear the Iron Sheikh comes in your sleep and makes you humble.
Or at least the exploitative pricks that run his Twitter account, but I digress.

PoTMS

We should seriously give him an ultimatum. Sign the contract before pre-season starts or go to Brentford.

PoTMS

I'm sure we're giving him ridiculous wages which Brentford can never match.
That and also he's not that good that we can endlessly wait on him to make his mind up while we're left with our dick in our hands.

Pickle85

Like feck am I going to go through the teams in a competition, let’s use Kazakhstan then, which is even further away than Uzbekistan and we’ve actually faced a team from there in Europe in recent years, better? I still don’t understand what’s disrespectful about saying “this place is a long way away” and you seemingly can’t explain it either.

Or at least the exploitative pricks that run his Twitter account, but I digress.
Some people just need something to be outraged about.

Devil81

That and also he's not that good that we can endlessly wait on him to make his mind up while we're left with our dick in our hands.

He's a brilliant player, certainly good enough and experienced enough to be a squad player at the least.

Volksie316

So, what's the general consensus with this guy then?

If we sign him, do people believe he will start most games, or be a squad option?

Abraxas

We should seriously give him an ultimatum. Sign the contract before pre-season starts or go to Brentford.
This is a strange idea. We want to sign him on a free transfer, not piss the guy off. I don't even think we can be this self- defeating.

He'll make a decision soon enough, he's not going to decide over United and Brentford all summer is he? It's not like the De Jong situation where another club is in the way. He'll assess the situation for him and his family and we'll be patient.

Ted Lasso

United is at a different level to Brentford Nothing disrespectful about that. The pressures are different and the expectations from the fans are planets apart.
I'm tempering my expectations for United closer to what Brentford fans might have - stay in the league, play some good football and look like you care about playing. Times last season where all of those expectations were en route to being missed.

Frank Grimes

So it's ok to use Uzbekistan as an example as a country where Eriksen wouldn't fancy playing in next season even though Uzbekistani teams play in AFC jurisdiction. You didn't even fecking know what CONTINENT they compete in ffs. You haven't a leg to stand on, Phelans Shorts.
You can't say let's use Kazakhstan as an example and expect me to go you're dead right either, damage is done. In the future if you're going to use a country as an example (which personally I think is unnecessary), think.

Zoo

Journalists wilfully ignore the valid reasons why Eriksen may want to continue at Brentford just to have a dig.

Pickle85

So it's ok to use Uzbekistan as an example as a country where Eriksen wouldn't fancy playing in next season even though Uzbekistani teams play in AFC jurisdiction. You didn't even fecking know what CONTINENT they compete in ffs. You haven't a leg to stand on, Phelans Shorts.
You can't say let's use Kazakhstan as an example and expect me to go you're dead right either, damage is done. In the future if you're going to use a country as an example (which personally I think is unnecessary), think.
This is silly. It's clear that he was used that as an example because of the travel distance involved, not as a reflection on the country itself. There are enough things in the world to be genuinely outraged about without going around making them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.