Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiceRoller

We are a poorly performing football club and have been for 10 years. Every cent should be reinvested to improve us, it just points to the fact that they don’t give a feck as long as they are paid up.
As sad as it is to say, they’re just businessmen trying to make money. United isn’t some wondrous, prestigious establishment draped in history to them.

It’s a vehicle for making money.

diarm

I feel like "graveyard" wasn't the best term he could have used, considering the player in the story.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We are talking about dividends. Nobody here is saying we haven’t invested tons of money on shit - we are talking about the people culpable.

It’s not all about transfers like some muppets will suggest. How can you with a straight face suggest taking dividends is fine when you see the state on our stadium and training facilities. It’s a fecking shambles.
No. We’re talking about transfers. The Neville tweet and all the fan channels are falsely making a link between the dividends and us not signing Eriksen or De Jong yet. You also continually use the word shambles to describe our training facilities - what about the training facilities are shambolic? That they aren’t as good as City’s?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
No. We’re talking about transfers. The Neville tweet and all the fan channels are falsely making a link between the dividends and us not signing Eriksen or De Jong yet. You also continually use the word shambles to describe our training facilities - what about the training facilities are shambolic? That they aren’t as good as City’s?
Why do you say that? Why does it only have to be city?

The training facilities haven’t had a refurbishment in years but we have fans who are content with facilities falling behind all elite clubs and the owners taking over £100 million out of the club whilst racking up debt - shambolic.

In terms of transfers - Id much rather £11m go to that area than the Glazers. Happy days if you are content with it.

Robindinho

Well said Gary - the owners taking out dividends are why Eriksen may choose Brentford over us:

What point is he trying to make? Just a random way of highlighting the dividends - like when he kept bringing up his agenda against the Super League in every conversation.

If the owners didn't take dividends, we shouldn't/wouldn't be signing Eriksen on a free? :confused:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
People keep saying transfers but we have always been funded well there just spunked it on dross, the set up has always been the issue.

The dividends bit pisses me off more when you see the state on the stadium and training facilities.
It's hardly funded though is it, more being able to access the revenue we are generating in order to spend on self-improvement on the pitch compared to propping up out market value/owners' pockets.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Eriksen's situation is clearly unique. The guy nearly died while playing football in front of millions of people. If he wants to stay in London where his family are then fair fecks. Would be great to have him onboard but I can see why it's not an easy decision to make.
Is the correct answer.

Mainoldo

Is the correct answer.
Why he chose to get back on a pitch and play football at the highest level again. I’m sure he still has the aims of a top pro. Therefore Brentford or United should be an easy choice.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why he chose to get back on a pitch and play football at the highest level again. I’m sure he still has the aims of a top pro. Therefore Brentford or United should be an easy choice.
It’s not all about him though is it. Got his family to think about. Maybe he’s content at Brentford playing his football. Wouldn’t blame him if he stayed at Brentford for family reasons.

youmeletsfly

It's hardly funded though is it, more being able to access the revenue we are generating in order to spend on self-improvement on the pitch compared to propping up out market value/owners' pockets.
So the revenue a company's making is just there for the taking or it's generated for, basically, some people to make money?

The club's not generating money, their club(=company) is generating money, for them, as owners.

The club has been heavily funded with money, no matter where they come from. On one side people are complaining about Saudis, on the other complaining that a business is spending it's own money on assets.

These days you really can't satisfy the Man United fan. He wants his club ran impeccably, with 0 faults and excellent results.

Mainoldo

It’s not all about him though is it. Got his family to think about. Maybe he’s content at Brentford playing his football. Wouldn’t blame him if he stayed at Brentford for family reasons.
Doesn’t every footballer? I don’t see Messi playing for Racing so that his kids get to live it up in Argentina. He moved them to Paris after years of living in Barcelona.

I mean what foolishness is this.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Doesn’t every footballer? I don’t see Messi playing for Racing so that his kids get to live it up in Argentina. He moved them to Paris after years of living in Barcelona.

I mean what foolishness is this.
Wow what a false equivalence :lol:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
So the revenue a company's making is just there for the taking or it's generated for, basically, some people to make money?

The club's not generating money, their club(=company) is generating money, for them, as owners.

The club has been heavily funded with money, no matter where they come from. On one side people are complaining about Saudis, on the other complaining that a business is spending it's own money on assets.

These days you really can't satisfy the Man United fan. He wants his club ran impeccably, with 0 faults and excellent results.
This is such a basic reading of how the club is being run, and doesn't even begin to account for the massive amounts of debts our current owners have burdened the club with.

We are essentially being used as a vessel to offset our owners debts whilst they feed off the self-generated funds the club makes, irrespective of our owners input. In this sense, they are financial parasites contributing nothing of their own to the club.

No other club finds themselves in this situation. There is absolutely no reciprocation in our relationship with our owners whatsoever. They don't put in a penny of their money.

Now, you may say "Why should they? That's not how a company works." Well, it is how football clubs are run. I can't think of any other ownership model which doesn't directly self-invest in a project with long-term growth in mind.

To your last point, again a load of rubbish. Fans just want owners who understand the need to prioritise on-pitch success, which in turn is the basis for any long-term profitability for our owners. All other top clubs are run like this. I would have no problem with them taking their dividends if we were in a position to support it. But we are falling further and further behind, with more and more expenditure required as each season rolls by (squad, staff, stadium, training facilities, etc).

To be taking money out of the club at this moment in time is a new, albeit expected, low.

Mainoldo

Wow what a false equivalence :lol:
Does it matter. It goes for everyone. Pogba has two kids born in Manchester and I don’t see him decided to stay here for his kids. Matic too who im sure are a lot older.

Eriksen is rich. London and Manny aren’t that far when your money is long. It’s not like us upping and moving.

youmeletsfly

This is such a basic reading of how the club is being run, and doesn't even begin to account for the massive amounts of debts our current owners have burdened the club with.

We are essentially being used as a vessel to offset our owners debts whilst they feed off the self-generated funds the club makes, irrespective of our owners input. In this sense, they are financial parasites contributing nothing of their own to the club.

No other club finds themselves in this situation. There is absolutely no reciprocation in our relationship with our owners whatsoever. They don't put in a penny of their money.

Now, you may say "Why should they? That's not how a company works." Well, it is how football clubs are run. I can't think of any other ownership model which doesn't directly self-invest in a project with long-term growth in mind.

To your last point, again a load of rubbish. Fans just want owners who understand the need to prioritise on-pitch success, which in turn is the basis for any long-term profitability for our owners. All other top clubs are run like this. I would have no problem with them taking their dividends if we were in a position to support it. But we are falling further and further behind, with more and more expenditure required as each season rolls by (squad, staff, stadium, training facilities, etc).

To be taking money out of the club at this moment in time is a new, albeit expected, low.
You still don't get the point man.
You're following a club that's not ran as a football club for very obvious reasons and you still complain about it.

While I agree that the club is ran like a cheap American burger house, please understand that, it's their business and they can do whatever the feck they want.
If I'd be in that position, I'd most likely be the same. I mean you're expecting some random rich dudes to think more about your beloved club than their own well being, what the feck delusion is that.

This is all I was alluding to. In regards to it being right or wrong, of course I agree it's wrong. But it's also wrong to bitch about something that can also be seen as very normal, from a business standpoint.

The Glazers are here, will be, and they will never change. As long as they are here, managers will get 150 mil each summer to spend and the club should get top4 or more.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
You still don't get the point man.
You're following a club that's not ran as a football club for very obvious reasons and you still complain about it.

While I agree that the club is ran like a cheap American burger house, please understand that, it's their business and they can do whatever the feck they want.
If I'd be in that position, I'd most likely be the same. I mean you're expecting some random rich dudes to think more about your beloved club than their own well being, what the feck delusion is that.

This is all I was alluding to. In regards to it being right or wrong, of course I agree it's wrong. But it's also wrong to bitch about something that can also be seen as very normal, from a business standpoint.

The Glazers are here, will be, and they will never change. As long as they are here, managers will get 150 mil each summer to spend and the club should get top4 or more.
Wait, so you think fans should not look to do anything about how the club is currently being run?

Whilst they may be in the eyes of owners, clubs are not companies. They mean far more that that, and fans are far more than consumers.

Fans have the power to actively disrupt the running of the club, they can literally drive the value of this down. And this is exactly what fans should be doing, and what recent actions have been proven to do.

Also, on the idea that owners can do whatever they like with clubs, that is literally not the case. There are far stricter stipulations around club ownership in the EPL now than when the Glazers took over (look at the Chelsea takeover process, which was essentially run on the premise to avoid a Glazer-styled ownership), and these stipulations are getting stricter.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How are we going to accommodate Eriksen, Bruno and De Jong in our side?
The same way City accommodate two first team quality players in almost every position. Not to mention that De Jong doesn't play where either Fernandes or Eriksen do.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Yeah, I'd agree with that. I don't think it's a done deal myself; genuinely think this is probably a 50/50 scenario right now.

There are clear benefits for Eriksen in joining both sides. At Brentford he'd get to be a star player at a Premier League side that seems to have excellent prospects for growth, whilst repaying a club and manager that showed faith in him and staying in a city where his family is settled. At United he'd most likely be earning more money, playing for a manager he knows well and at a club which (I hope you won't mind me saying!) carries quite a bit more prestige and offers a better chance of getting to compete in the Champions League again.

I'm just a bit fed up of the incessant whinging on here. People constantly parroting the asinine Twitter-esque line about how "embarrassing" it would be if he picked you guys over us as though there aren't very clear benefits on offer to him at Brentford.
Exactly mate - United are a massive club probably the biggest in the world and we are just a bus stop in Hounslow and tbh I am just enjoying the fact that we are competing to sign a player, it sure makes a change from the old days of picking up League 2 journeymen on a free ;)

AdNani

Yeah DM is needed with that midfield
i think it'll be De Jong and Fred in the pivot, Eriksen in front and Bruno as a false 9 or rotating.

if we sign Martinez he'll play in midfield regularly as well

SATA

Never thought we would ever compete for a player with fecking Brentford :lol:

That said, why are there only two clubs including us that are only in for him?

Rockets Redglare

Never thought we would ever compete for a player with fecking Brentford :lol:

That said, why are there only two clubs including us that are only in for him?
I imagine a lot of teams don’t want to run the risk with his health issues.

GreatDane

This isn’t true. He may have been cleared but there obviously are risks. Just as there’s risks with literally any human being at any time, which is only exacerbated when they have an ICD (see: the time Daley Blind’s ICD failed and he collapsed mid game)
Good point, better not sign any more humans then.
I'm ready for robot-football anyways!

But really, what's your point? He's clearly been cleared by all football relevant doctors as otherwise he wouldn't just have played half a season with Brentford + plus played well enough to get our interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.