Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
New management, toxic fanbase, no idea what all shit memes they will come up with or how they will make fun of his heart condition and send death threats . Brentford give him a life line, settled in London. Its not so clear cut, but I think we have a good shot.
Fixed.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
If we actually want him, I think we will get him.

Seems to be us or Brentford so I just can't see him staying there unless we don't want him.
His wages at Inter was around 225k-250k p/w. 100k p/w is more than double paycut to call it money is not the factor.

£100k in 4 months is only £2m max, no more than that or even less than 2m. That’s an affordable cash for Brentford to avoid relegation, given how much PL clubs would get in return if they stay up.
With all due respect I am more inclined to believe our director of football over a random poster on Red Cafe ;) I repeat there is no way, zero chance that we are paying him £100k a week in the contract he signed in January.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
If he's on 30k a week surely there's no chance he turns down a move to United?
Yeah but what we were paying him when he signed in January and what we have offered him now are two different stories. Either way though I am 100% sure United would pay him significantly more than us. I reckon the new offer from us would be maybe £50-75k but again that’s just guesswork. It will be our largest contract ever given out.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I think it's about time that he decides where he's going.
Not right keeping two teams waiting for his choice.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Fair play to him if true, wise decision.

The ‘calibre’ of players we have signed the past ten years were never the issue. Sancho, sanchez, di maria, falcao, ronaldo, pogba, Varane, soon Frenkie de Jong etc etc. On the face all superb signings and all were mostly heralded by a hyped redcafe after a huge transfer saga thread. Of course after the fact we can now say some were sicknotes, lazy, past it, never wanted to be here etc etc.

But on the face and at the time most were thinking they were great signings and evidence of big ambition. I think the caf muppets actually have had more of their exotic transfer targets come off past SAF era.

Last edited:

Withnail

Yeah but what we were paying him when he signed in January and what we have offered him now are two different stories. Either way though I am 100% sure United would pay him significantly more than us. I reckon the new offer from us would be maybe £50-75k but again that’s just guesswork. It will be our largest contract ever given out.
Ah ok, I hadn't factored that in. Still as you say it'll still be a big difference in wages.

BarstoolProphet

I think it's about time that he decides where he's going.
Not right keeping two teams waiting for his choice.
:lol: You speaking on the behalf of the clubs or just impatient transfer muppets? It's a big decision to make, it's not like choosing which packet of chips to take home from the store.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
:lol: You speaking on the behalf of the clubs or just impatient transfer muppets? It's a big decision to make, it's not like choosing which packet of chips to take home from the store.
I'm speaking on behalf of myself.
He had ample time to decide.

DiceRoller

The ‘calibre’ of players we have signed the past ten years were never the issue. Sancho, sanchez, di maria, falcao, ronaldo, pogba, Varane, soon Frenkie de Jong etc etc. On the face all superb signings and all were mostly heralded by a hyped redcafe after a huge transfer saga thread. Of course after the fact we can now say some were sicknotes, lazy, past it, never wanted to be here etc etc.

But on the face and at the time most were thinking they were great signings and evidence of big ambition. I think the caf muppets actually have had more of their exotic transfer targets come off past SAF era.
That utdreport tweet is complete nonsense. I’ve seen so much inaccuracy when it comes to transfer news I’m convinced 99.9% of them know nothing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That utdreport tweet is complete nonsense. I’ve seen so much inaccuracy when it comes to transfer news I’m convinced 99.9% of them know nothing.
all the do is retweet info from other sources, they never claim it's their info

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
If we do sign Eriksen, I could see Donny going back to Ajax, maybe as part of a deal for Antony.

charlenefan

If we do sign Eriksen, I could see Donny going back to Ajax, maybe as part of a deal for Antony.
No chance, VDB might still not get much game time but he'll be vital in getting ETH's message across in training in the early months. ETH will want as many players he knows as possible early on

Could see VDB move on next summer if he still hasn't managed to establish himself though

STYLOISRED

I could be and likely am wrong but seemed like he was pushed out at Tottenham, there was loads of crap going on back then. I take your point though.
No. He stated that he wanted to try something new. Even refused offers from Premier league clubs.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
No chance, VDB might still not get much game time but he'll be vital in getting ETH's message across in training in the early months. ETH will want as many players he knows as possible early on

Could see VDB move on next summer if he still hasn't managed to establish himself though
So he will be kept as a sort of ludicrously expensive translator-coach?
Maybe. Not sure he would be needed much on the pitch with Fernandes and Eriksen ahead of him.

Trex

Maybe. Not sure he would be needed much on the pitch with Fernandes and Eriksen ahead of him.
Maybe we'll use De jong like he is used in the national team as a sole 6 with two tens in front of him so dvb competes with the likes of Bruno and Eriksen that will enhance his playing time.
City play with similar structure.

charlenefan

Not a translator no, but he'll know exactly what ETH is after whereas the other players won't. Initially that may mean he sees more game time than others while they're still adapting

LuckyScout78

He is 30 this year. And with what he has been trough. A 2 year contract might be best for both parts. He is not a player that is playing on the last year. 35 of age or above. 1 year contract.

And after his comeback. He has been playing in premier leauge for Brentford. So he could keep the pace and intensity of premier league for 6 months. So the heart solution do helps him and looks like its working.
And he has been shown that the skills, touch and football vision are still on top level.
Beside Dusan Tadic, Kevin De Bruyne. Christian Eriksen belong to one of the assist kings in football. Not assist prince of football. If United Bruno has a really good pass foot. But Bruno assist passes is not on same consistent level as Eriksen.

And compare Eriksen to DVBeek. Who will United get most use of. With Ronaldo upfront and a quick and pacey alternative trough ball CF in Rashford. With Eriksen precise pass foot. United and Ten Hag will need Eriksen more than DVBeek.
DVBeek doesn't have the same precise pass foot as Eriksen.

A potential line up with Eriksen is :

Raphinha/Sancho - Eriksen/DVB - Fred/Garner/De Jong - Bruno/DVB - Sancho/Martial/Garnacho +

Ronaldo/Rashford

Against teams sitting back and park the bus. No problem starting with 3 cm players that are really good and creative with the ball like this.

Eriksen - De Jong - Bruno. No problem at all. Parking bus team will let those 3 players dictate and control the ball and the parking bus teams will try to be tight and compact and wait for counter. But with 2 pacey and skill ful wingers on both sides. Those 3 cm trio will find space and open up the tight parking bus. Soon or later. Special with a clinical and sharp CF infront and in the box in Ronaldo or Rashford.

Eriksen - De Jong - Bruno will keep pushing. Keep the tempo of the ball up and find combination.

And with the really good small area and dribbling skills of Raphinha and SAncho. One on one skill + combine with a assist passes and crosser to Ronaldo in the air. United and Ten Hag will have more way to open up a tight defend with Eriksen in the team.

Only against City or Liverpool United will get push back. United will might have the ball a lot against those 2 teams too. With Eriksen - De Jong - Bruno. But De Jong naturally doesn't have the same defensive abilities of Fred or Garner. Then a more defensive alternative 3 cm trio can be like this:

Eriksen/Bruno - Fred - De Jong

But again. The 3 cm trio of Eriksen - De Jong - Bruno might be good enough City and Liverpool 3 cm trio and might outplay those 3 cm for most of the match. Its all about the ability to hold on the ball and how difficult its to take the ball from those 3 players together. You don't easily take the ball from Eriksen - De Jong - Bruno. It get to come up the intensity and aggresive level of Liverpool and City players. They might got stressed with the ball on theirs feets.

But if against parking bus teams. That sit back and let those 3 dictate and control the ball. United and i think Ten Tag shall be attacking minded against those teams.

Don't worry about the lack of the defensive abilities of those 3 cm trio. First you have to take the ball from them. Your team get to have the ball. Before you can attack and creates chances.
Against most teams in premier league. Those 3 cm trio will press those teams to sit back.
Because you are talking about 3 of the best cm players on the ball. In the football right now. Those 3 have really high ball skills. In common with. Its hard to take the ball from them. And it makes your teams will wait for longer time to have a chance to create chances. And it will help United to reduce the number of conceding goals down.

Just look at how many goals City and Liverpool are conceding?Because of those 2 teams domination of the ball and have a ball a lot in the team. They concede goals lesser than all others teams. Having Eriksen is factor and reason to help United doing the same as City and Liverpool and he will help United as for Brenthford. His creative will rise United chance to score more goals and winning games.

Adamsk7

I really want him here, he’s a brilliant player and after coming back from that terrible situation, which most of us watched live, I can’t help but just root for him in general.
If he wants to stay at Brentford though, what a great story that is and I definitely won’t be in the “Urgh we lost out to Brentford, what a bunch of …..our board are!!” We all know why he’d choose to stay there.

Either way, win win for him and for football.

charlenefan

Not excited about this in any way.
Nor me tbh

If he's coming in as a starter then it's another short term fix and is he even good enough? (Not all sides will give him the time and space we did at OT)
If he's coming in as a squad player, fair enough but hard to get excited about a squad player

DevilRed

Would be a big upgrade on Lingard/Mata.

Good character/professional to have around the club too. We need more of those types after the jokers that used to play for this club.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
With all due respect I am more inclined to believe our director of football over a random poster on Red Cafe ;) I repeat there is no way, zero chance that we are paying him £100k a week in the contract he signed in January.
The reality is you believe ''your own'' opinion not your director of football ;) . What you provided is the same thing with what I provided ''opinion'', I still respect your random opinion though but I only interested with fact or something that has proof. No proof means we are only sharing our opinions.

Unless if you have proof (which I had already asked) that provided by some sources or your director of football about how much you paid his wages then feel free to share it.

Mainoldo

De Jong.

Speaking of numbers, must be our biggest change 1-11 in one off season... 6,8,11 free and then possibly 3,4,9 - depending what happens with Bailly/Jones/Martial.
Yep and I think Bruno will take 8. Not to mention 14 and probably 18 available.

11 won’t be available though mate. Case still open.

LordSpud

I honestly think he wants Spurs to come back for him and is probably waiting for them until the last minute before then deciding us or Brentford.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
The reality is you believe ''your own'' opinion not your director of football ;) . What you provided is the same thing with what I provided ''opinion'', I still respect your random opinion though but I only interested with fact or something that has proof. No proof means we are only sharing our opinions.

Unless if you have proof (which I had already asked) that provided by some sources or your director of football about how much you paid his wages then feel free to share it.
Well the reality is I believe the reality that we didn't break our wage structure to sign him and that means £100k a week is pie in the sky fantasy but crack on fella.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
De Jong.

Speaking of numbers, must be our biggest change 1-11 in one off season... 6,8,11 free and then possibly 3,4,9 - depending what happens with Bailly/Jones/Martial.
Think Varane will take 4 now

John Dillinger

Would be a big upgrade on Lingard/Mata.

Good character/professional to have around the club too. We need more of those types after the jokers that used to play for this club.
100%

And now we have De Jong...

Simple now - stay in London because your missus and kids like it

Or play for Manchester United in front of 75,000 with Frenkie De Jong as your midfield partner...

Status
Not open for further replies.