Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldinmotion66

Heard him being discussed on Talksport as an underwhelming signing, but I couldn't disagree more. I prefer him to Bruno personally, although I think we'll see both on the pitch the majority of the time with one (probably Bruno) in the front three.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
:lol: Lots of player “medicals” on their return, you reckon? What happens in Bangkok stays in Bangkok
You just got to worry for the first-timers there.

Not good to appear on social media with women whose adam's apple is larger than yours.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You just got to worry for the first-timers there.

Not good to appear on social media with women whose adam's apple is larger than yours.
Brand new meaning to needs to bulk up for the youth players

Bondi77

in fairness, we still haven't strengthened while all our rivals have which is pretty much what I was saying (although maybe not with enough patience and subtlety)!
Liverpool have not strengthened....Mane has left the club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Heard him being discussed on Talksport as an underwhelming signing, but I couldn't disagree more. I prefer him to Bruno personally, although I think we'll see both on the pitch the majority of the time with one (probably Bruno) in the front three.
It's Talksport for starters!

If he was coming in directly from Tottenham for 60m the hype would be unreal.

A free transfer upsets the media, who on one hand love the big deals, but then spend half their time moaning at the signing not working.
This is a smart almost under the radar type signing.

croadyman

A free transfer upsets the media, who on one hand love the big deals, but then spend half their time moaning at the signing not working.
Any excuse for these so called pundits to have a pop at Utd whilst Goldstein still tries to keep them & MUTV onside.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Any excuse for these so called pundits to have a pop at Utd whilst Goldstein still tries to keep them & MUTV onside.
Bent and Wilshere was a combo I saw the other day.
A pretty bleak combo, Bent especially.

I wonder how few he'd score in these days there's much less space for strikers sprinting onto long balls down the centre.

worldinmotion66

Yeah I agree. I often respect Danny Murphy's opinion, despite his obvious bias in this case. They were saying that he's at the same level as Mata, which is ridiculous. I guess the media are enjoying the narrative of struggling United's fall from grace, as they always do.

I'm chuffed we've got Eriksen, I think he still has so much to offer.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If you look at the body language and tone of Danny Murphy in the video of his Eriksen take on Talksport, it comes across to me as if he's actually pissed we have got him rather than that he doesn't think he's good enough. I also loved the arrogance about how as a liverpool fan he's not concerned if we buy players of that level etc. I think they are all in for a nasty surprise this season when United become, at the very least, a competent and well-coached team with a clear playing style. It may not win us the league, but we'll likely be well in there contending for 3rd/4th this season IMO and we'll be giving the likes of City and Liverpool way more to think about in our matches with them too.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Which football heavyweight was it this time, Sinclair or Murphy?

Darlington Padgett

Will getting this guy and a DM be enough? FDJ deal looks dead and we're also lacking options at this point.

Tiber

I had a peek at the Brentford forum when the news broke. Thought they would be grateful for making a huge impact on their season and wish him well, but there was a surprising amount of bitterness.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Not me who thinks this - one of the best managers in the world right now thinks so
What a daft answer. "Klopp signed them so they must be good".

The greatest manager ever signed Bebe, Kleberson, Manucho, Djemba-Djemba, Miller, Taibi...

Zed 101

I will get lampooned for saying this but has always kind of reminded me a bit of Cantona.... not as good obviously, but the way he lofts his passes, his awareness of players running off him, the way he seems slow but has all the time to play his own game.... Eriksen maybe be the player to galvanise our attack the way he did, when you have somebody capable of finding runners, the runners make better runs ..... huh!!! well we certainly have the runners

ForeverRed1

I had a peek at the Brentford forum when the news broke. Thought they would be grateful for making a huge impact on their season and wish him well, but there was a surprising amount of bitterness.
I had a look too...

money or Brentford. They don’t think maybe he would like to play at old Trafford infront of 76k fans. Or that he’d like to be in the europa, or play with the players we have under Ten Hag. They are taking like money is the only factor and like united are small fry, which isn’t the case.

worldinmotion66

Which football heavyweight was it this time, Sinclair or Murphy?
The biased, bitter little bald fella.

they've signed Nunez, carvalho and calvin ramsey... and may not be finished yet
And lost Mane. They've not strengthened at all. Nunez looked good last season but it's the only season he's showed anything, he's a huge risk at that price and I wouldn't expect him to have the same influence as Mane just yet. Liverpool are weaker, no doubt about it. The only major positive for them is tying Salah down to a new contract.

ArjenIsM3

The biased, bitter little bald fella.

And lost Mane. They've not strengthened at all. Nunez looked good last season but it's the only season he's showed anything, he's a huge risk at that price and I wouldn't expect him to have the same influence as Mane just yet. Liverpool are weaker, no doubt about it. The only major positive for them is tying Salah down to a new contract.
You're contradicting yourself here. First you say Nunez looked good last season but that he's a risk and you don't expect him to have the same influence as Mane. But he could. So there's your doubt already. Carvalho and Ramsey could be good players too. And if they are, Liverpool could well be stronger. We'll see.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Will getting this guy and a DM be enough? FDJ deal looks dead and we're also lacking options at this point.
Why does it look dead? Looks entirely normal.

Martinez, Malacia, Eriksen will all be good signings, FdJ will be the main one though and will be the transformative piece we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.