Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar

I’ve become more and more optimistic and positive regarding a deal with Eriksen :)

Red Royal

Looking like it will be Fred McT and Eriksen.... the FdJ transfer looks over. Perhaps we can get a Neves or someone of that ilk.... we missed out on Bissouma... he would have complemented Eriksen nicely.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Looking like it will be Fred McT and Eriksen.... the FdJ transfer looks over. Perhaps we can get a Neves or someone of that ilk.... we missed out on Bissouma... he would have complemented Eriksen nicely.
Why.
Do people post this to wind up now?

ThinkTank@Cafe

That would be suicide, we would get hammered. Very weak midfield.
We played Carrick and Scholes as MF base. Also had Park, Hargreaves, and Fletcher as rotation.
with a right setup, coaching and attitude, a highly technical and hard working team doesn’t need a pure destroyer.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think we will go 433 with Eriksen and Fred ahead of FDJ. 3 up front. Sancho and Antony playing off Rashford Martial VDB or Bruno. We have a lot of options if we don’t intend to play with a pure DM beside FDJ. I would much rather an orthodox striker if Ronadlo goes but obviously a much harder working player for the other creatives to spark off

worldinmotion66

You're contradicting yourself here. First you say Nunez looked good last season but that he's a risk and you don't expect him to have the same influence as Mane. But he could. So there's your doubt already. Carvalho and Ramsey could be good players too. And if they are, Liverpool could well be stronger. We'll see.
Good in a couple of champions league games vs good for five years in the Premier league is completely different. They could all be good players but I don't expect them to have a huge impact from the get go. I guess we'll see. Losing mane is huge, I don't see any other forward there that works as hard off the ball.

worldinmotion66

I think that DeJong and Eriksen will form the 2 at the base, with perhaps VDB ahead of them, to start with at least. It may evolve
I have Van de Beek deeper than Eriksen personally. I think United fans think he's an attacking midfielder because Ole didn't know how to use him, but he's a great box to box player that ghosts into the box. He's much better with play in front of him than with his back to goal.

That said, I'm still not sure VDB will be first choice. We have a lot of options, especially if we sign Martinez. I'd expect him, mctominay or Fred to play against the better teams.

I think De Jong will be the deepest midfielder generally, dropping between the centre backs and allowing our full backs to bomb forward like Barca used to do, and even spurs when walker and Rose peaked with Dier dropping in. I think this kind of holding midfielder suits our current options, with Fred and Mctominay both better suited to pressing and getting around the pitch, than to holding position and being tactically disciplined.

LuckyScout78

Buy this boy to finish Eriksen crosser and passes:

Patrick Schick is the name. Can be as good as Tadi & Haller. Eriksen & De JOng & Schick

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Watching a lot of the eth playstile videos and it seems he uses an inverted fullback as the DM, so a de jong (or his alternative at this point) eriksen pairing could work. FDJ takes up the quarterback position (not sure what role it’s called exactly) in the defence and the full back pairs the other midfield in front of that back 3.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
We played Carrick and Scholes as MF base. Also had Park, Hargreaves, and Fletcher as rotation.
with a right setup, coaching and attitude, a highly technical and hard working team doesn’t need a pure destroyer.

People were screaming for a DM beast on here while Carrick and Scholes were dominating games. If they couldn't accept it while it was happening, they will struggle with it in theory.

Hammondo

Carrick is way better defensively than any of those players you mentioned. And we had another hard working midfielder like hardgreaves with them.

P3nnyw1se

Supports
Aab
Kinda hope we get to see him play AMC, even though it sounds like on you guys it wont happen, but that was the spot he grew up in, and still has on the national side

Grande

I have Van de Beek deeper than Eriksen personally. I think United fans think he's an attacking midfielder because Ole didn't know how to use him, but he's a great box to box player that ghosts into the box. He's much better with play in front of him than with his back to goal.

That said, I'm still not sure VDB will be first choice. We have a lot of options, especially if we sign Martinez. I'd expect him, mctominay or Fred to play against the better teams.

I think De Jong will be the deepest midfielder generally, dropping between the centre backs and allowing our full backs to bomb forward like Barca used to do, and even spurs when walker and Rose peaked with Dier dropping in. I think this kind of holding midfielder suits our current options, with Fred and Mctominay both better suited to pressing and getting around the pitch, than to holding position and being tactically disciplined.
United fans probably think he’s an attacking midfielder because Ten Hag played him as a no 10 going on striker in his best season. Solskjær quite likely also saw those games, even if he played him in a pivot quite a few times as well.

De Jong isn’t here now, if he were, he’d probably play alongside someone who was strong at being defensively disciplined, as he can’t help but roam. I doubt wether Eriksen, Van de Beek or Fred is that defensively disciplined player, so it would prob have to be McTominay or someone new, methinks.

De Gea
Dalot Varane Maguire Shaw
Fred McTominay Eriksen
Bruno Rashford Sancho

Might be my favored eleven as of exactly today, maybe.

FerociousCorgis

United fans probably think he’s an attacking midfielder because Ten Hag played him as a no 10 going on striker in his best season. Solskjær quite likely also saw those games, even if he played him in a pivot quite a few times as well.

De Jong isn’t here now, if he were, he’d probably play alongside someone who was strong at being defensively disciplined, as he can’t help but roam. I doubt wether Eriksen, Van de Beek or Fred is that defensively disciplined player, so it would prob have to be McTominay or someone new, methinks.

De Gea
Dalot Varane Maguire Shaw
Fred McTominay Eriksen
Bruno Rashford Sancho

Might be my favored eleven as of exactly today, maybe.
If mcfred is our starting cm pair ETH is going to be dead on arrival

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The biased, bitter little bald fella.

And lost Mane. They've not strengthened at all. Nunez looked good last season but it's the only season he's showed anything, he's a huge risk at that price and I wouldn't expect him to have the same influence as Mane just yet. Liverpool are weaker, no doubt about it. The only major positive for them is tying Salah down to a new contract.
I'm guessing that at least one guy disagrees with you: Jurgen Klopp

onemanarmy

so they haven't been weakened...
You really don't want to understand, right? Mane, a proven top player in the PL is replaced with an expensive player from Portugal that had 1 good season and everything to prove. A lot of Liverpools core is getting older. In no way they have strengthened.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
so they haven't been weakened...
Comparing Nunez and Mane, I would say Liverpool are weaker, presently.
Mane does so much work off the ball he will be missed, havent seen enough of Nunez to formulate an opinion on him other than a handful of games Ive watched, he could surprise everyone.

Signing Diaz last season was a great transfer and he could replace Mane easily, great work rate and ability.

The Red Thinker

Jamie Jackson knows jackshite about almost anything. He’s just a guy who writes articles and for the most part, later than most. His stories rarely reveal anything and more or less reports on this we all fecking know. I stopped paying attention to him a long time ago.

Real Name

Yeah, FDJ, VDB and Eriksen against lesser teams probably and one of Fred or McT against tougher opposition.

Pronewbie

Peep
I'm getting nervy about this deal. We really need a player of his calibre fit, healthy and ready for the season. I promise to watch all our games this coming season if De Jong and Eriksen joins us.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What a daft answer. "Klopp signed them so they must be good".

The greatest manager ever signed Bebe, Kleberson, Manucho, Djemba-Djemba, Miller, Taibi...
so you know better than him? I said Klopp believes them to be so. I think he knows better than you and me. Let's see... have to admit, I'd completely forgotten Manucho ever existed! (it was just the one game, wasn't it?). I wish I could forget Taibi...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
They are both young players that may or may not come good. Top prospects. Nunez is the only one they have bought that is a first team starter.
Agreed. and history so far tells me that Klopp is likely to have got it right...

Josh 76

They are both young players that may or may not come good. Top prospects. Nunez is the only one they have bought that is a first team starter.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nunez start on the bench too. They will start with Diaz, Jota and Salah.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm getting nervy about this deal. We really need a player of his calibre fit, healthy and ready for the season. I promise to watch all our games this coming season if De Jong and Eriksen joins us.
If truth be told, all I really want this season is to enjoy watching United again. It really was painful last season - and boring

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nunez start on the bench too. They will start with Diaz, Jota and Salah.
I'd be surprised if Nunez doesn't get the nod. Lots of people here telling me Salah is really a wide player, and Liverpool are almost as famous as us for having a real No.9. I expect Nunez to be picked ahead of one of Jota and (more likely) Diaz. Unless Klopp is going with four up front which would be quite a sight. If he'd done that against us last season, they might have scored 10!

Teja

I'd love to see a City style 4-4-2.

--------------- Eriksen --- Bruno -------------------
--- Sancho ---------------------------- Antony ----
------------ McT ----------- FdJ -----------------------

But getting there took years of coaching under Guardiola to make sure everyone knows where they need to be, what runs to make etc. I think ETH will go for something more pragmatic next season.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Comparing Nunez and Mane, I would say Liverpool are weaker, presently.
Mane does so much work off the ball he will be missed, havent seen enough of Nunez to formulate an opinion on him other than a handful of games Ive watched, he could surprise everyone.

Signing Diaz last season was a great transfer and he could replace Mane easily, great work rate and ability.
I am a huge fan of Mane - in fact, of all the players we were supposedly linked to and "missed out" on over the years, he is one of only three or four that I think would have made an enormous difference at United. I haven't seen much of Nunez either, but I have a feeling that Klopp has something a bit different planned. Lots of people here pointed out to me that Salah is more a wide player than a CF, so maybe he will play there more and Nunez will benefit from his passing.

I hope you are right that Liverpool are weaker. Life is bad enough right now without them winning more trophies!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You really don't want to understand, right? Mane, a proven top player in the PL is replaced with an expensive player from Portugal that had 1 good season and everything to prove. A lot of Liverpools core is getting older. In no way they have strengthened.
I hope you are right - things are bad enough without them winning another PL or CL... I just happen to trust that Klopp knows what he is doing. They always seem to have a CF who scores bucketfuls of goals, even in the bad times

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Buy this boy to finish Eriksen crosser and passes:

Patrick Schick is the name. Can be as good as Tadi & Haller. Eriksen & De JOng & Schick
The only thing that bothers me about Schick, is why after having such a good few seasons, along with a good international record, are big clubs not looking at him?

Usually you get rumours of big clubs sniffing around but it all seems to be quiet, but I think he has just signed a new contract a month or two ago so that's potentially why.

Trex

I'd love to see a City style 4-4-2.

--------------- Eriksen --- Bruno -------------------
--- Sancho ---------------------------- Antony ----
------------ McT ----------- FdJ -----------------------

But getting there took years of coaching under Guardiola to make sure everyone knows where they need to be, what runs to make etc. I think ETH will go for something more pragmatic next season.
Swap Fred for Mctominay

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The only thing that bothers me about Schick, is why after having such a good few seasons, along with a good international record, are big clubs not looking at him?

Usually you get rumours of big clubs sniffing around but it all seems to be quiet, but I think he has just signed a new contract a month or two ago so that's potentially why.
Last season was the first time he scored 20+ goals. I think at Juve he failed medical few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.