Christian Eriksen

Thepinhead

Numbers are a bit misleading sometimes. He got an assist yesterday for rolling the ball 20cm which Kane proceeded to hit badly only for the ball to take a massive deflection into the goal.

That being said he's very good. Tottenham would suffer a lot without him because he makes their attack tick and takes care of the set pieces. A giant cog in their machine. Most important player along with Kane.
True. But you also have to take into consideration that Eriksen is involved in 80% of Tottenhams goals. If he isn't the one scoring or assisting he is the one assisting the assist.

If alli is Tottenhams de bruyne Eriksen is their Silva.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's lucky that he has Delle Ali and Kane around to take all the spotlight/plaudits... so he can quietly go about being Spurs' best player.

SteveTheRed

Fantastic player, his stats speak for themselves really. I'd have Eriksen in our team over any other spurs player.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
He is a good player, but I don't think he's a level above many other players in the squad. It's hard for me to say who is the best player out of Eriksen, Lloris, Kane, Alli, Alderweireld, Verthongen, Dembele, Rose and Walker. Why do people rate him above and beyond the rest of the squad?

Robbie Boy

Fantastic player, his stats speak for themselves really. I'd have Eriksen in our team over any other spurs player.
He's a class act but if I could make a choice based on who would improve us the most, it would be Alderweireld.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I don't really like him at all.

Often content to coast through games beating neat and tidy. Coutinho gets a lot of stick for being inconsistent but without fail he tries a lot more during games. Yes, some of his row z shots are annoying but he's always actively looking to make things happen and has that touch of class about him. I'd have him over Eriksen all day long.

I'd rather Mata and Mkhi at any rate so he wouldn't start for us.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't really like him at all.

Often content to coast through games beating neat and tidy. Coutinho gets a lot of stick for being inconsistent but without fail he tries a lot more during games. Yes, some of his row z shots are annoying but he's always actively looking to make things happen and has that touch of class about him. I'd have him over Eriksen all day long.

I'd rather Mata and Mkhi at any rate so he wouldn't start for us.
That's completely wrong sorry, look at Eriksen's running stats etc. and you will find that he is regularly in our top 3 players who cover the most ground throughout a match. He is very involved in every match we play. He looks a bit relaxed and never looks too flustered but that's his personality rather than how he plays.

SirScholes

This guy has been quietly brilliant for a while now. He has now scored 5 and tops the PL assists chart with 10; while also creating the most chances in the league this season. I feel he has really come on in the last two seasons; but pretty much every time I have watched him this season, he's been brilliant. What I like most about him is that he links up so well with others and he isn't about personal glory (though he could certainly work on his long-range shooting). People bang on about Coutinho - who I feel can come up with better individualistic moments - but I would take Eriksen any day as I feel he's a far better team player who links things up much, much better.

Kane and Alli get all the praise (or you can call them both shit and overrated if you're on the Caf) but Eriksen has been outstanding this season and deserves a-lot of praise.
Couldn't agree more mate, there wa a period he was injured and Kane went AWOL.
Said it for some time, he is so important and makes Kane look better than he is

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is a good player, but I don't think he's a level above many other players in the squad. It's hard for me to say who is the best player out of Eriksen, Lloris, Kane, Alli, Alderweireld, Verthongen, Dembele, Rose and Walker. Why do people rate him above and beyond the rest of the squad?
He is arguably our most influencial player. I think that's why.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
That's completely wrong sorry, look at Eriksen's running stats etc. and you will find that he is regularly in our top 3 players who cover the most ground throughout a match. He is very involved in every match we play. He looks a bit relaxed and never looks too flustered but that's his personality rather than how he plays.
What does him running a lot have to do with my post?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What does him running a lot have to do with my post?
You suggested that Eriksen didn't try as much as Coutinho in games and that he doesn't look to get as involved as Coutinho - I gave evidence that actually Eriksen is constantly moving around the pitch to do the very things you are claiming he doesn't do enough of. I would have thought that was fairly obvious from what I said. Much more than Coutinho does as a matter of fact who is fairly static in comparison.

Robbie Boy

Couldn't agree more mate, there wa a period he was injured and Kane went AWOL.
Said it for some time, he is so important and makes Kane look better than he is
He is so crucial to Spurs and anyone saying otherwise, obviously doesn't watch a-lot of Spurs matches. It's funny that sometimes not having the kind of flair of a Coutinho type player, seems to detract people from praising certain players. Even though in Eriksen's case, he's been extremely effective this season.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
You suggested that Eriksen didn't try as much as Coutinho in games and that he doesn't look to get as involved as Coutinho - I gave evidence that actually Eriksen is constantly moving around the pitch to do the very things you are claiming he doesn't do enough of. I would have thought that was fairly obvious from what I said. Much more than Coutinho does as a matter of fact who is fairly static in comparison.
Not what I meant to say, my bad. What I said or at least meant to say is that too often Eriksen is content to play it safe in games rather than trying to make things happen or force them. I really dislike this in an attacking midfielder. Countinho ends up looking flashy and inconsistent but that's as a result of constantly trying to force things throughout the game. And Coutinho is not static at all and unlike Eriksen doesn't have a lethal striker up front to help him out (or any striker for that matter in some cases)

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
He is arguably our most influencial player. I think that's why.
Yeah, but as you say 'arguably', could also make an argument for any of those I mentioned imo. Happy we have him though!

m1y2

he's at the same level like Spurs, just about top 6 player, a level behind the top. But he's still young and it seems he has that one step up in him... his stats rely a lot on his set pieces which is a valuable asset to have for sure, not sure if he'd fit into a Mourinho team

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yeah, but tbf, this is the case for most players, and is true for goals as well.

Not relevant, but the 'not been on the losing side when he's scored' stat the pundits love, for example with James Milner is the biggest nothing stat ever :D
If you look at career totals, sure. But season by season you can dissect it pretty easily because every goal is available on hand. He's still at the top regardless of that one assist I mentioned but I prefer to use the numbers to depict the range he's in rather than just looking at the exact number. A player with 10 assists isn't really more impressive than a player with 8. However, couple the assist stat with chances created and you've got something more substantial to go by. For example, Zlatan is ranked 3rd in assists among United players in all competitions but he's created the most chances.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I always thought he disappeared a lot in previous seasons but was surprised to see his distance covered per match, seemed to run around a lot without causing any meaningful pressing previously, a bunch of games in the past I ended up surprised when he got on the ball and realised he was still on the pitch.
He's been better the last year or two, typically more involved, he's a good player, I don't think he's their most influential though.

Thepinhead

No wonder Barca aparently are after him. Could replace iniesta

http://goal.com/s/en/news/8/main/2017/04/22/34836742/spurs-star-eriksen-is-europes-assist-king

European football boasts some of the finest creative talents in the world, but - for this season at least - none have been better than Christian Eriksen.

The Tottenham midfielder has been in superb form for the White Hart Lane outfit as they fight for both the Premier League title and the FA Cup.

And the Denmark international was in imperious form once again as Mauricio Pochettino's side took on Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley.

Eriksen provided assists for both Harry Kane and Dele Alli, meaning he has now created 20 goals in all competitions this season.

That is more than anyone else in Europe's top five leagues, with Barcelona star Neymar the next best with 19.

Borussia Dortmund teenager Ousmane Dembele is next on the list on 17 while Manchester City duo Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling have 15 apiece.

Lionel Messi, meanwhile, has 14 - the same number as Alexis Sanchez.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If Barca get him they can forget about the CL for a while. Eriksen is very good but lacks trophy-winning mentality. His corners yesterday were seriously shit.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If Barca get him they can forget about the CL for a while. Eriksen is very good but lacks trophy-winning mentality. His corners yesterday were seriously shit.
He created both goals..

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's a wonderful footballer and it still irks me that he was allowed to go for Spurs on such a low fee (considering).

Works a lot harder than is given credit for. Would say it's comfortably more than any other creative attacking midfielder in world football.

The thing that sets him a part is the delivery under fatigue too. His fitness is fantastic and his decision making and delivery remains superb throughout the game (beyond set pieces). That's a huge difference maker and sets him on higher levels than Coutinho and co for me.

WhoDaGOAT

Anyone who can't see Eriksen's qualities while continuing to praise the likes of Coutinho, needs a slap.

Eriksen is not particularly jaw dropping to watch, but spreads the play beautifully.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Had he been English, he would have received a lot more credit than he currently gets. He's probably as important, if not more, as Kane and Alli in their side

M Bison

Supports
York City
Would be a fantastic signing for Barca and a huge loss for Spurs.

He's absolutely brilliant and just gets on with the game without any drama. Must be a great guy to have in the team and an easy player to manage.

WhoDaGOAT

Had he been English, he would have received a lot more credit than he currently gets. He's probably as important, if not more, as Kane and Alli in their side
Very similar to Beckham. Not blessed with pace or fond of tricks. He's all about vision and his range of passing from different angles.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He'd be a good addition to almost any top European club. I think he could win a place at Barca and Bayern.

WalkerTheRed

I personally think, that he has Barcelona written all over him. Having better players around him, will only ever make him even better and I think he'll step up without any significant problems.

He'll leave Spurs, if not this summer then the next.

Bloedrood

Eriksen is just a very humble, introverted and calm guy. And that's always shown on the pitch too, he isn't really an imposing or demanding player, that doesn't come natural to him. Which I think is also one of the reasons he hasn't been able to meet expectations for his national team. But this season since november he's really come into his own in my opinion, his ability demands the respect now from everyone on the pitch. As far as not having trophy winning mentality, I'd say it's the opposite. I think one of the reasons why Tottenham does well is because players like Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen from the start of their career at Ajax learned how to deal with the pressure of having to win every game they played, they had to challenge for the title every year. And they did, Eriksen played a big part in some of the titles he won with Ajax.

ravi2

I personally think, that he has Barcelona written all over him. Having better players around him, will only ever make him even better and I think he'll step up without any significant problems.

He'll leave Spurs, if not this summer then the next.
I agree with this....with better players around him, his stats would be amongst the very best in Europe.
If Barca get him and he is able to thread through balls to MSN, they are going to be scoring a insane amount of goals next season.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
As a #10, he might very well be better than Mata, his range of passing is definitely better.
Not sure he is better than KDB tho
At the moment I think they're equal. KBD's peak was higher though, he was brilliant for Wolfsburg in 14/15, I don't think Eriksen could have done that for Wolfsburg. However KBD has been a bit underwhelming for me this season, I don't think City/Guardiola really suit him best.

ravi2

At the moment I think they're equal. KBD's peak was higher though, he was brilliant for Wolfsburg in 14/15, I don't think Eriksen could have done that for Wolfsburg. However KBD has been a bit underwhelming for me this season, I don't think City/Guardiola really suit him best.
KDB is the one city player I wish we had. It's too bad we weren't interested at the time, he is a game changing play maker.