Christian Eriksen

WalkerTheRed

I agree with this....with better players around him, his stats would be amongst the very best in Europe.
If Barca get him and he is able to thread through balls to MSN, they are going to be scoring a insane amount of goals next season.
He already have the most assists (all comps included) in the top five leagues, so far this season.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Would absolutely hate to lose him as a Tottenham fan. We don't have any other like for like replacements for someone who can provide that creativity further up the pitch.

I think that's an area of the squad that will be addressed in the summer and while I don't think Eriksen will leave this summer I could see it happening next summer.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Interesting to read he's run 7km more than Kante this season. Not a player you necessarily mark out as a prolific runner.

Blind

He's everything Ozil was meant to be, the close control, through balls, sheer class but actually scores goals and works hard for the team too. Just turned 25 as well so the best is yet to come and I'm not sure how much of that will be at Spurs.

Robbie Boy

What an absolutely brilliant season this guy has had and he was excellent again yesterday, unfortunately.

Robbie Boy

Most important Spurs player for me.
I think so, too. Won the 'Supporters POTY' so they obviously recognise that. He will never get the same level of adulation from the press as Alli and Kane but he's bloody brilliant.

izec

He does look pretty good, glides across the pitch and his freekicks are weapons. Another proof that you dont need to be bulky or super quick to succeed in the Premier league.

Bloedrood

He tends to always be among those who cover the most average distance per game. Rarely injured either. So he's in great shape, doesn't rely on just his technique, has the right attitude off the ball too.

Bwuk

Really like Eriksen. Alli and Kane get all the plaudits, but I think Eriksen is just as important to Spurs.

I could see him moving deeper ala Luka Modric.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Really like Eriksen. Alli and Kane get all the plaudits, but I think Eriksen is just as important to Spurs.

I could see him moving deeper ala Luka Modric.
Don't think he will actually, I think he will continue to be a forward player who contributes with goals and assists in the final third, similar to Silva. Modric was always a central midfielder in my eyes.

The_Midfielder

that free-kick he put in yesterday for Kane's goal, have we had a delivery like that the last 5-6 years.. don't remember any..

teague

I can't find the source now but I am remember reading once that we had him very high up our list of potential recruits in summer 2013 and Eriksen was actually expecting to be a United player. Moyes then dithered about it all summer and eventually decided he wasn't pacy enough with Eriksen signing on the cheap for Spurs very close to the end of the window.

In Moyes defence he was perhaps actively trying to sign Herrera instead but it still very frustrating to think we could very easily have had Eriksen.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Another one Fergie saw up close and didnt act on. There is a pattern with Spurs and Fergie in his last few years where it seems they got to a few players we should have snapped up first. Bale, Alli and this lad for a start.

Blind

I can't find the source now but I am remember reading once that we had him very high up our list of potential recruits in summer 2013 and Eriksen was actually expecting to be a United player. Moyes then dithered about it all summer and eventually decided he wasn't pacy enough with Eriksen signing on the cheap for Spurs very close to the end of the window.
I remember at the time Dortmund were linked heavily with him as a replacement for Gotze but they signed Mkhitaryan instead. Wouldn't be surprised if he was on Moyes' list, a long way down from Baines and Fellaini.

Bwuk

Another one Fergie saw up close and didnt act on. There is a pattern with Spurs and Fergie in his last few years where it seems they got to a few players we should have snapped up first. Bale, Alli and this lad for a start.
Alli and Ferguson is a new one? I thought Eriksen chose to go to Ajax instead of us and several others due to playing time.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Fergie wouldn't have been manager when Alli broke through at MK Dons.

RoyH1

Great player. I hope he never moves to Barsa like it has been speculated. I'd hate him to see him become a crybaby like that lot.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I also think a lot has to do with players being promised playing time with us, I think that was a big reason Bale signed for us.

spwd

Absolutely love the guy, probably my favourite non United player, didn't realise he was that age as I was thinking we should be looking at him but thought he was getting too old to spend big money on.

How about we throw £150m at levy for him, Toby and Alli :wenger:

Jev

I've been really impressed by how steadily he's improved at Spurs but, despite being one of the best players in the league this season, I don't think he'd be worth the fee he would command. He's a player who can be a vital cog in a coherent and fluid side but not one who will lift your side to a new level - as evidenced by his continuously anonymous performances for Denmark.

I think he'd be better suited in a Barcelona like setup but that would be a step too far for him. Maybe a future Silva replacement at City? For now I think he's at the perfect club for him and I would hate to see him end up on the bench somewhere else.

James Peril

Eriksen is extremely good at what he does at the moment, particularly in this system for Tottenham where he is not really challenged by anyone else. He is never rested, he is seemingly never injured - it will be interesting next season when they have more matches, more spotlight on them - more of a challenge compared to this season and last. Playing at Tottenham has been secure up until now, a team challenging the better teams without anyone really paying attention or raising their game. I believe that period is over now; Tottenham will not go under the radar next season - they have been too good this year and all teams will raise their game and be aware. It does help him and Tottenham that he has an excellent delivery from set-pieces, something all great teams (any team) would crave. Man Utd does not, a lot of good teams have several people standing over the ball at all times - it does not create stability whatsoever.

I do not think Eriksen will leave Tottenham, he is most likely one of the first to say he is happy where he is. As a Scandinavian he is always going to be humble (in the Ole Gunnar Solskjær-sense) - at the same time he is going to be the one to realize that he is not what Barcelona or Real Madrid needs. Both in terms of playing ability and lack of charisma. Tottenham are lucky like that; they have all these good players but 99% of them lack charisma or selling points outside of what matters the most; footballing ability. The great clubs are always looking for the best players with the most charisma and marketability, something that catches the eye of fans and sponsors.

Reactions: Invictus

Sterling Archer

In Moyes defence he was perhaps actively trying to sign Herrera instead but it still very frustrating to think we could very easily have had Eriksen.
I recall this being the case as well. It's remarkable how severely one important season of transition in the hands of a frothing imbecile affected us.

Web of Bissaka

I admire him, one of my favourite non-united players.

Playmaker with good constant roaming movement and good consistent accurate set-piece delivery technique.

One thing that impresses me the most is he may not have lighting pace, but he's pacy enough to constantly moving and contribute to the attacking and possession play from every angle and many positions, hard to mark him, he would open up a lot of channels and space for the likes of Alli, Kane and Son to exploit.

Vital player for Spurs.

Different kind of player than Ozil, who is more static in how he play.

ryadmahrez

Best player of Tottenham. Sets the tempo, only player with real creativity, high intelligence (deciscion making) and world class technique. If he leaves Tottenham becomes another United, team with quality players, but incoherent, stale and not much creativity.

KeaneSixteen

"All they can talk about is Manchester United."
We were after him in 2011, with a view to him being Scholes's replacement. Spurs had turned him down even earlier than that, as he was too small. I remember when he went to Spurs the word was that he'd chosen them over us. Not sure if that's right though. Strange how we were so keen on him, then never made a solid move.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I do not think Eriksen will leave Tottenham, he is most likely one of the first to say he is happy where he is. As a Scandinavian he is always going to be humble (in the Ole Gunnar Solskjær-sense) - at the same time he is going to be the one to realize that he is not what Barcelona or Real Madrid needs. Both in terms of playing ability and lack of charisma.
He would definitely strengthen Barca. Much more than Coutinho with whom they are so often linked

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Eriksen is extremely good at what he does at the moment, particularly in this system for Tottenham where he is not really challenged by anyone else. He is never rested, he is seemingly never injured - it will be interesting next season when they have more matches, more spotlight on them - more of a challenge compared to this season and last. Playing at Tottenham has been secure up until now, a team challenging the better teams without anyone really paying attention or raising their game. I believe that period is over now; Tottenham will not go under the radar next season - they have been too good this year and all teams will raise their game and be aware. It does help him and Tottenham that he has an excellent delivery from set-pieces, something all great teams (any team) would crave. Man Utd does not, a lot of good teams have several people standing over the ball at all times - it does not create stability whatsoever.

I do not think Eriksen will leave Tottenham, he is most likely one of the first to say he is happy where he is. As a Scandinavian he is always going to be humble (in the Ole Gunnar Solskjær-sense) - at the same time he is going to be the one to realize that he is not what Barcelona or Real Madrid needs. Both in terms of playing ability and lack of charisma. Tottenham are lucky like that; they have all these good players but 99% of them lack charisma or selling points outside of what matters the most; footballing ability. The great clubs are always looking for the best players with the most charisma and marketability, something that catches the eye of fans and sponsors.
Just how many more matches do you expect Tottenham to play?

JeffBoomTetris

Really calm player. Eriksen never seems pressured. His style is relaxed but not lazy. How to describe it? It is as if he makes the correct decisions every time.

And he's got two good feet. As Owen said it, I love these players with two feet