Christian Eriksen

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Where can he resume playing? Or where most likely resume playing?

Hester_manc

Before the euros many big clubs in Europe would have loved to sign Eriksen on a free transfer. But what about now? He is free, and if the doctors are positive that he can continue to play football, will he still be attractive? Especially when he's free?

Hester_manc

A small part of the first interview with Eriksen since june. (The entire interview is only available Thursday).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A small part of the first interview with Eriksen since june. (The entire interview is only available Thursday).
Looking forward to the full interview. Listening to him in this clip brought back memories of that whirlwind euros for Denmark. What a summer it was, scary Eriksen episode aside.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Looking forward to the full interview. Listening to him in this clip brought back memories of that whirlwind euros for Denmark. What a summer it was, scary Eriksen episode aside.
A day we all became a little bit Danish. They’re a decent breed the Danes.

Mike Smalling

The entire interview with english subtitles:
https://www.dr.dk/drtv/se/christian-eriksen-_-min-historie_-english-subtitles_294680

Strong interview where he is very open. Recommended
Quite a tough watch - brings back all the feelings from that day! So great for him that he is back, and has decided to play on. I look forward to seeing where he ends up, and if he achieves his goal of going to the World Cup.

Also, so amazing to think back on what the team went on to do after all that. The rest of the Euro's is probably the best and most emotional memories I have as a football fan.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Quite a tough watch - brings back all the feelings from that day! So great for him that he is back, and has decided to play on. I look forward to seeing where he ends up, and if he achieves his goal of going to the World Cup.

Also, so amazing to think back on what the team went on to do after all that. The rest of the Euro's is probably the best and most emotional memories I have as a football fan.
Glad to see him doing well and I'll probably try to watch every single game he plays now wherever he ends up. It was easily the most memorable, and as you say most emotional summer in my lifetime of being a football fan.

You obviously know Denmark much better than me, but my impression of the country had been that it was a bit divided over typical societal issues like immigration, border control etc but that summer it felt the entire nation was together. I saw videos of people watching the games together in mosques, communities made up all kinds of ethnicities eating and drinking together in parks with big screens etc. My friend whose family comes from Egypt told me a story about how his mum, who had always struggled to fit into the community they lived in, walked down to the supermarket one evening wearing a Denmark top and she returned home with something like 4 invitations from different neighbours to watch the upcoming match somewhere.

The national team seems to have been a real unifying force and long may it continue, and the summer of 2020 will be one I'll remember vividly for the rest of my days.

Mike Smalling

Great news! Really hope he does well for them - had expected he would go for a lesser league.

Will be the first time he will play for a team that are underdogs in most games and will not have most of the possession.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised Ajax didn't go for him given Blind plays with pacemaker.

I just hope the checks have been rigorous and it's as safe as it can be for him. Muamba said last week he'd been uneasy seeing Eriksen play top level football again given what he went through and can only agree so let's hope the medics feel he'll be fine.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
From plummeting down the table in League 2 under Terry Butcher to signing Christian Eriksen as a premier league club in a few short years - as a rather famous ex-Bee would say "Unbelievable Jeff"

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Surprised Ajax didn't go for him given Blind plays with pacemaker.

I just hope the checks have been rigorous and it's as safe as it can be for him. Muamba said last week he'd been uneasy seeing Eriksen play top level football again given what he went through and can only agree so let's hope the medics feel he'll be fine.
Looks to me he made very clear he wanted to play in the Premier League..

Ixion

I have to say I think he's really brave, I had a (false alarm) chest scare once and it took me months to get myself back running and exercising and I had huge anxiety about it. The mental trauma that he must have gone through to this point and he's still ready to get back out there and play at the highest level. Respect.

MiracleInMadrid

What an opportunity for both Brentford and Eriksen. Assuming he gets back to full fitness during the first few months, both parties could benefit immensely from this and both should be highly motivated to give him as much playing time as possible.

Brentford will be desperate to utilise him to secure another season in the Prem. His set piece skills alone could win them a few points.

Eriksen will get the game time needed to get back into Denmarks squad for the World Cup this summer, and set himself up for a move to a bigger club this summer.

Can't wait to see him on the field again.

beer&grill

I have to say I think he's really brave, I had a (false alarm) chest scare once and it took me months to get myself back running and exercising and I had huge anxiety about it. The mental trauma that he must have gone through to this point and he's still ready to get back out there and play at the highest level. Respect.
I feel you, I’m in the same boat as you. Had a false alarm and the health anxiety that came afterwards was unbearable for more than a year. I wish Eriksen all the best but I don’t look forward to watching Brentford play.

TheReligion

Abusive
So what’s the deal here then?

Eriksen could still have a lot to give and if he has a good few months he’ll be up for grabs in the summer.

Wouldn’t say no to him at United if he’s anything like the player he was at Spurs. Appreciate he’s an AM though but still think he’d be a good option.

How did he do at Inter?

Pintu

How did he do at Inter?
It took him a while to adapt and fit in Conte’s tactics.

After a year it was still difficult and it was rumoured that the club was considering a transfer, but he turned it around for the last 6 months and became a starter in the 11 that sealed the scudetto win for them.

Jev

Beautiful assist today. Decisive already.

Would anyone take a punt at him in the summer? Provided Pogba leaves I could see him being a good option for us as the midfielder who'd give us some fluidity and structure.

Clever player, brilliant passer, unselfish, hard-working, great attitude, likeable and top-class quality if he regains his best form. All qualities we could do with.

Could be a shrewd free transfer for us in my view, and to be honest we could do with a fairytale story with all the misery going on.

Mike Smalling

Beautiful assist today. Decisive already.

Would anyone take a punt at him in the summer? Provided Pogba leaves I could see him being a good option for us as the midfielder who'd give us some fluidity and structure.

Clever player, brilliant passer, unselfish, hard-working, great attitude, likeable and top-class quality if he regains his best form. All qualities we could do with.

Could be a shrewd free transfer for us in my view, and to be honest we could do with a fairytale story with all the misery going on.
So happy for him. Great story!

Don't think we should go for him, even on a short-term deal as a squad player. Our squad is more in need of younger players with more energy and long-term perspectives. If we did bring in Eriksen, we would likely be looking to ship him off again in two years. He was never reliant on his speed, but it shouldn't be forgotten that he is one of those players that have played full seasons of first team football since he was 17/18 years old. His 'football age' may well be more than his 30 years.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Arguments?
He’s doing well for Brentford right now but he was awful at Inter. He’s not at the level needed for a top level side anymore.

Jev

So happy for him. Great story!

Don't think we should go for him, even on a short-term deal as a squad player. Our squad is more in need of younger players with more energy and long-term perspectives. If we did bring in Eriksen, we would likely be looking to ship him off again in two years. He was never reliant on his speed, but it shouldn't be forgotten that he is one of those players that have played full seasons of first team football since he was 17/18 years old. His 'football age' may well be more than his 30 years.
The problem is we're going to need a whole bunch of players this summer. Two midfielders (if Pogba goes) and two forwards as the bare minimum. They can't all cost 60 million pounds. Hard to find better value than Eriksen this summer.

Mike Smalling

The problem is we're going to need a whole bunch of players this summer. Two midfielders (if Pogba goes) and two forwards as the bare minimum. They can't all cost 60 million pounds. Hard to find better value than Eriksen this summer.
Still hard to judge just how much value he would be, just three games into his comeback. Also, he is not super versatile as a squad option. In his younger days he could be deployed out wide, but those days are gone, and he is too easy to run by to play CM.

I wouldn't be extremely opposed to it, but can't really see it being a major success.